What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

going rate for trimmers

E

ej2012usa

Paying by HALF A POUND,,I S THE WAY TO GO,,,LESS PRESSURE,,ON EVERYBODY,,PLUS TRIMMERS GET PAYED TWICE IN ONE DAY FOR COMPLETING THE OTHER HALF OF THEIR POUND,,IF THAY WANT,,EVERYBODY WINS..

E

ej2012usa

Ya location is half the battel,,once ,when i first started i actually gave a. 500$ deposit.,on my trim,,just so i COULD trim at home and play xbox,,lol,,maybe consider that,,give them a great deal,,i know THEIRS trimmers outtheir,,with family who just cant commit that much time,,but if thay were home and THAY had peace of mind,,skies the limit,,,,??good luck,,,

E

ej2012usa

Eventually TRUST MUST BE ESTABLISHED BETWEEN YOU AND??? To expand ,,,when i let go of my first POUND,,to be trimmed,,it was nervewreaking ,,i t was a friend,,i know,even as my friend,,,i was going to take ATLEAST a 5% loss,,which is ok,,because THE OTHER 95% was their,,and its better then NOTHING,,FOR SAFTEY, SECURITY,,AND RELIABLE SERVICE., SOME PEOPLE GIVE UP A WHOLE LOT MORE,,SHOULD BE 70,,% to 30% ,, i lose 5 % AFTER i ALREADY paid my friend ,,,the nature of the beast,,,,,

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Import them take there passport 5bucks an hr is alot in some countries. .. Americans r to damn expensive if ya got alot.... shit id trim for 250@lb... yall payin way to much... pm me butt ass naked imports for rent 10 bucks n hr sept-dec... personal side jobs extra off course...

SoufLondon

Do Americans use trimming machines? In the uk and certainly in holland they have these trimming machines, i think spin pro is the name of one of them

Do Americans use trimming machines? In the uk and certainly in holland they have these trimming machines, i think spin pro is the name of one of them

some people use them, its for cost and time effeciency but everyone knows HAND TRIMMED is and always will be the highest quality. trimming machines remove alot of resin in the process and this leaves you stuck trying to clean the gum off the machine. there are trade offs. id much rather pay a confident individual human being than have a machine do a mediocre job for me

A

acridlab

Yeah. Lots of americans use the trimmers.. Theyre great for B grade booty. It just beats the buds up, and alot of trichs are lost during the process, and they never get all the petioles... So, for A grade meds, u definately need a hand trim..

Spot on.

Cheap out on wages at your own peril. Better to keep people happy, even if they don't take advantage of wage incentives.

Sitting on your ass in your underwear glued to the TV is a great way to make trimming your tent take 4 times as long. This thread is about commercial trimming, not head stash.

I second this. $10 an hour is a total insult to a professional trimmer, and as for trimming being "easy"... there are a ton of really shitty trimmers out there so I wouldn't think easy is the best word for it. Being detail-oriented and consistent while sitting on your ass for long hours takes focus and stamina.

$200/unit seems to be the standard in Portland for professionals. Don't know anyone who does hourly; seems to just promote them taking forever to get their work done.

Trimming machines are considered hackery here. If you are producing enough quantity that you need a trimming machine, then you can afford to pay humans to hand-process your flowers. Unless you are producing crap-weed at bargain-basement prices or are just a tight-ass.

TV? You can't be serious. A top-shelf beer an hour is provided, though.

OzzBozz

$150 a pound is pretty standard for my friends in the fall with outdoor gardens in oregon and nor cal... indoor gardens are $150-200/lb in sonoma county/707

HatchBrew

Veteran
Never paid anyone to trim. Do trim work for friends. $200/pound. Get to do it at home, so that's nice. It all goes back to them, i'm allowed to smoke some, but would rather just have everything accounted for. Hate when I get stuck with seconds, especially of GG4. Takes forever.

barnyard

from an actual ad:

"full time position is five (5) days a week and pays $12.00/hour + employee benefits."

benefits normally account 1/3 of compensation so like an added value of 4 bucks an hour

Just know how difficult it is to even be a trimmer in this state. At least in my town. You've gotta know someone, or be a hot girl with a badge. Not even kidding.

E

ej2012usa

My first time trimming,.i noticed no one was wearing gloves,i asked,wont that get you high,,someone said NO,,BULLSHIT,,I trimmed over 200 grams before i noticed my VISION WAS GETTING BLUREY,i could not phous on the bisa i was trimming,,after a few hours the heat from your body heat breaks down the resin,,and,oils on your finger tips,,i trimmed about 100 more grams,an i was so HIGH ,I LITERALLY HAD 300 + grams flowing through my finger tipS,,,,(morphin drip)or thc,,my head wasent hurting,but it wasent rightLol.,so,,always where gloves ,some people love the feeling,,finger hash THAY call it,,MAYBE I WOULD HAVE ENJOYED IT A LITTLE MORE IF I WAS TO BUSY FREAKING OUT.TRYING TO SOLVE MY OWN SELF INFLICTED MURDER,through cannibis,,,,,LOL,,,HAPPY GROWING,,,

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
So, you discriminate against slackers and only pay half the going rate?
What if it is a gay, black, disabled, transsexual, illegal alien, midget slacker? How much then?

What universe did you arrive from?

Anyway around these parts it's typically 20 an hour. 30 if you're good. I don't know many people paying per unit in BC.

RedBeardy5

Down in the springs at the grow I did work for, paid 10-12/hr. Same went for working in the grow, but here's the kicker.... We worked nights lol

shithawk420

Veteran
30$ per hour!!! Sign me up!! I'll be there with bells on!! And I seriously doubt you can get high trimming. probably an allergic reaction or something. I guess its possible though.

SunValleyViews

Trim 17oz and keep one for patients working for meds. 150 unit good outdoor, 200 unit everything else. Been that way in my neck of the woods for 10 years plus.

Latest posts

Latest posts