What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

where to get good recreational in denver?

S

SooperSmurph

Tottaly agree!
All the tag lines they wana use "nug run" "live resin" exc it's all laughable!

We all know if the buds were worth a damn they wouldn't b blasting them..
But I do occasionally buy extracts to sample new variations. N can attest that my sample of venom wax was unsmokeable.. Def buy w caution..
Spread the word on venom, I recognize that sizzle anywhere, that's not water bubbling on my nail!

Gonna try to return a mostly untouched gram today that I picked up on sale just to give them a chance after so long, my mistake.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
Rocky Road has 32 strains they cycle through.. 28 dollar eighths and $55 quarters are a decent price for recreational. Not to epic smoke by any means but at least prices are headed in the right direction.

it's in Aurora and i think a few others spots.

Ingski

Green Man, sometimes Pink House, sometimes Kind Love, CAM before they got raided, these are among the places I would label as the .1/10 that show basic care for their product.

Yea I'm super bummed CAM got shut down. They were $20 a gram, but ho-ley shit they had good pot.

I pretty much just buy edibles at stores, but I did pick up some pretty good shatter for 30/g at The Health Center on Colorado. They also had some $10 grms, so I picked up Ultra Sonja and some GG#4.

Of the few places I have been, they have had the best flowers. I don't ever search out flowers though. Mainly bought them because they were 10 bucks, and I am running both GG#4 and Ultra Sonja.

S

SooperSmurph

So Venom Wax brand "Live Resin" is actually just waxed out shatter. LMFAO

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
I love how in my country the model to observe is the CO model, before making any discussions on law reform..from where im sat it looks like the home grower with the top shelf organic wins the day, those that knew the game before the law change profit from the newbie asshats with set up money, leaving them to use eagle 20 etc to make up for the lack of knowledge bar set up and first run consultancy.

I hope they follow you guys to a degree, but i have no faith if your country's legalization process is the same as ours would be...seems the UK love to follow the US in most policy's.

Whats the selection of NLD or 'sativa' buds in the rec shops? nada?

^yes you can find quality if willing to pay. In Denver Pink House has some solid genetics that look and smoke better than most but they know that and charge more, also in a great neighbor to smoke up and enjoy the afternoon. 14er in boulder is also quality and always has been that I've seen especially the extracts and the prices wont bend you over. Fresh Baked also has some good nugs, but prices are high.

Idc how cheap lightshade is it's some of the worst. As stated many of these clubs use eagle, avid, etc.. all sloppy, wet trimmed, gh3 part "nugs" that are generally damp or super dry nothing cured proper. Many of these clubs have bug and mold problems and chop up those bits to mix in with trim bags or what's known as grab bag. It's gotten better this past year with regulation and testing but these are formalities at best since bottom line is the only concern. It's true many of these "legitimate" dealers broker in and out of the backdoor of their shops sometimes dumping their tops for whatever can be had cheapest or to buy extracts that burn like sparklers to stock shelves. This moist shwap spends most of it's life in garbage bags(fitting) and only gets jarred for display.

Delivery services can be better but it's still a crap shoot. Many of these are run by club grower washouts and people who couldn't make it in the industry. These services are rolled frequently. DPD and the MED love to roll people off Craig's list and Facebook.

Bottom line is meeting a grower is great if they know what they're doing. Most of the "master gardeners" in this state are only masters of stroking themselves and have little experience cultivating anything other than cannabis. You're better off growing yourself or getting a card. LGP will pay for your licensing fees as will many other medical shops if you sign them up as your caregiver. This gives you a much wider option of shops and deals like an oz once a month for $30_40.

Hate to sound like a snob, but that's my two cents. I do think that much of this will change soon as the market here is becoming much more competitive, as the focus shifts back from cheap prices to better quality.

@illuminate. Preach mang. About sativas, most all the nugs here are hybrids whether labelled that way or not. Growing a more commercial expression of what are considered sativa dominant crosses. That or it's cut at 8wks with the rest.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is Colorado worth visiting for a quality experience?

in my opinion, YES, totally
there is alot going on all over colorado, all year long. denver has a decent music scene (even a great jazz radio station and jazz tradition).
as for the pot shops, yes quality is generaly low, but its about the "EXPERIENCE" right? so if you have lived in america your whole life and never been to amsterdam (or even have been), it's a very nice experience to finaly go in a store and buy weed legally. and since you are reading this thread you already know where to go, how to avoid getting overpriced schwag. also watch the "paranoia" factor disappear when you smoke herb and KNOW it's legal.
smallish smoking clubs have been popping up around the front range.

so yes, colorado is totaly worth the trip imo. the mountains are beautiful, many major rivers of the usa have their origins in the rockies... winter sports if you are into that. hunting,fishing, mtn biking, rock climbing.... the list goes on... and everything is better when you have a nice bag of legal herbs to enjoy.

also, i have to suggest people visiting colorado check out the hall of gems at the natural history museum.... ON WEED. there are some amazing mineral specimens on display there, and an amazing vualt full of natural gold all found in colorado.

^Terrapin's bud is very dry and harsh, I'd rather spend more elsewhere. They have great deals and plenty of grab bag but imo it's all garbage. I have a buddy who used to work in the terrapin warehouse and he never wanted to smoke that stuff either. I know people who shop there a lot but they mix it all with tobacco and snap it through a bong, nasty shit.

S

SooperSmurph

So are you guys basically saying that if you are a top notch grower then Colorado would be a good playground?
Sorry no, unless you're coming in with local connections to help with location, processing, etc, coming to this state as an experienced grower is actually detrimental, most dispensaries hire people with basic knowledge who they can mold to fit their needs.

OlDirtyHuman

I've been to Native Roots in Littleton and The Farm in Boulder. Both had great buds. The Tangerine Haze and Hindu Kush at the Farm were very good.