What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UK Prices

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
sorry but that nice longwinded post didnt answer the most fundemental point; I.e. governmental greed! they will tax it and regulate it so high that it will be just as expensive as now.

do you see tobacco being grown by everyone even though a pack of cigs is sold at a horrible price compared to the cost of production. what about alcohol? is that being sold cheap? no my friend this plant will be used by the governments of the world to get some sorely needed cash flow increases. they will not allow the free market to run it's course, this would be the only way that your hypothesis could come true. i.e. price collaps due to market saturation.

btw, the cannabis you are talking about in Canada is medical cannabis, not recreational. big difference. but i still maintain that prices will end up being higher then expected when all is said and done, as the Canadian gov will look at the cash being raked in in Co and will want their slice of the pie. i hope i'm wrong about this, but thats my thinking on the basis of what i'm seeing happening.

sorry but that nice longwinded post didnt answer the most fundemental point; I.e. governmental greed! they will tax it and regulate it so high that it will be just as expensive as now.

do you see tobacco being grown by everyone even though a pack of cigs is sold at a horrible price compared to the cost of production. what about alcohol? is that being sold cheap? no my friend this plant will be used by the governments of the world to get some sorely needed cash flow increases. they will not allow the free market to run it's course, this would be the only way that your hypothesis could come true. i.e. price collaps due to market saturation.

btw, the cannabis you are talking about in Canada is medical cannabis, not recreational. big difference. but i still maintain that prices will end up being higher then expected when all is said and done, as the Canadian gov will look at the cash being raked in in Co and will want their slice of the pie. i hope i'm wrong about this, but thats my thinking on the basis of what i'm seeing happening.

sorry but my brief post was to the point and not longwinded, thanks

tobacco is sold at 50 - 60 dollars a kilo in producing countries, a lot less in others

what you see happening is the progress of incorporating a new product into an existing economy

alcohol and tobacco can be produced at home at about 50% of the price now.................... not 0.01% like weed needs to

there is the difference

you seem a little hesitant to to embrace the future my man

no need for so much anger

tax will bring prices up to a grand a kilo,

where is samskunkman ???? i worked briefly with him on the GP project 4 years ago

the UK has already started............................ seriously did you not know this ????

MJBadger

Veteran
governmental greed! they will tax it and regulate it so high that it will be just as expensive as now.

Gaiusmarius is right , alcohol & tobacco are real earners for our government & if weed was ever legalised tax will be slapped on that . Nearly all enjoyment costs when you have someone that demands you pay for the pleasure .

hazyfontazy

Veteran
i just realised wtf springer means,,,,dont milk it son i've had a tot ,,but fuck me with a rod your right ,,

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
what ever, have it your way. i said it wouldn't go down, not that it would go up. i also said i hope i'm wrong about it. but if you want to argue and insist that it will be dirt cheap soon, go ahead. like i said i hope thats the way it goes, real free market, let anyone grow as much as they want and let the best product at the best price be the one that sells. but you know they won't do this, they will license it and regulate it and insist on a 100 different tests and certificates and then there will be tax of 20% every time it changes hands and voila you have the same price as now. i recently talked to people in the industry that told me they have to have each batch to be sold tested and sealed in a lab. each batch that is sold has to have it's own test. then they are adding chips to each plant and rfid readers everywhere counting exactly what plant is where and at what stage of growth from seed to the end user, you think that's cheap. like i say, i hope i'm wrong, i'd love to see it treated as a standard crop, maybe it will, time will tell. but i doubt it. they will not let this potential for profit to go to waste. as far as the governments of the world are concerned, the money they can make on taxation and licensing monopolies is the whole reason to even consider allowing it. to think they are doing this for our benefit is very naive.

Latest posts

Latest posts