What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UK Prices

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah rocky is 35 quid or so an ounce, or 900 quid a kilo round here and selling badly lol

but

people are now even mixing it with dusted fan leaves to bulk it out round here as there is so much trim knocking about, and the funny thing is people say its stronger and a nicer smoke haha ( trim has to be about 2% max ?? )

10 quid a eigth lol

yeah the thing is trim has all the terps and active ingredients that are in the buds, so shit quality hash will be better when mixed with some trim as the trim will add to the active ingredients, we all know it's not so much about the amounts, but about the combinations, so it makes sense that it could get better from adding trim.

aye m8 that shite is up here & chavs luv it smells fuckin horrible fake as fuck 35 -40 notes an oz

one dealer up here cuts up hash and dips in turps he is into green now and is asking if it can be doctord

do you happen to know what kind of terps he's using? this is being done to some oil too in the US. they extract every last drop of active ingredient and then just add terps to get it to be tasty even though hot extraction methods were used. no surprise that someone thought of doing this to crappy hash.

T

ThcGrower4life

hey gaiusmarius this guy is not cool he is using Turpentine paint solvent
to his hash

Last edited:

graham12

what about these cannabis social clubs ? somethings got to be done about these bullshit prices its a joke. Fucking hate uk dealers their so greedy and know nothing about quality.

Im baffled after reading this whole post lol basically the prices around my way is as follows..

Banging blues.. Kush 220z mayb lucky to get 5 for £1000
Standard mersh/nice 2-220 depends who u know lot of people get mugged right off
£10 0.9-1g if ur lucky lol
£15 1.3-1.4
£20 1.8-2g
£30 3g-3.5 depends who u no on that 1!

If u got links u can mayb get 100 of nice/banging grade for something like 16-17k

Wud i fuck pay more than 2er a z even if it was a bag of heaven lol

hazyfontazy

Veteran
what about these cannabis social clubs ? somethings got to be done about these bullshit prices its a joke. Fucking hate uk dealers their so greedy and know nothing about quality.

when and if things become legal expect a huge price increase :(

in Holland good weeds cost over £10 a gram ,and extracts upto and over £80 a gram ,,

do we want those prices here ?

in Holland good weeds cost over £10 a gram ,and extracts upto and over £80 a gram ,,

thats not true at all tho

i hate disagreeing with you as it looks like im starting an argument but that that is very nieve thinking

legallity will bring about much cheaper prices, thinking otherwise is silly considering the history of agriculture in the UK/World

Amsterdam - they charge what they do because its banned over the world, therefore they charge obscene prices for a product that costs pennies as they have the niche market for the world in terms of ganja.............. because they can

example - cocaine is approx 10 - 50 pence a gram in bolivia, but 100 quid in london

legal vs illigal costs are crazy comparisons

a friend of mine is currently on process of opening a 5 thousand light operation in canada, in cooperation with health canada

they envisage 2 dollar grams by the end of 2014

then cheaper still if legislation is held

if its made legal in the Uk we would see 30 quid ounces of high grade within a few years

comparison - 1 square metre of tomatoes grown under natural light or artificial dep lighting yields approx 5kg of product, retailing for about 12 quid MAX...........

and thats profitable............. weed would yield a kilo in the same space

if weed was legal it would be a little dearer than tomatoes due to trimming etc but the thinking it would get dearer is just, well, strange thinking for an adult ??

casing point - USA is now 2k a pound of high grade vs 6k a few years ago..................... in a few years it will be 1k.................... then 500 dollars................. then less ( unless its taxed like cigs and booze )

and its only legal in a few states, wait till health canada kick in and see prices plummet to that of general food sources or tobacco ( less than 100 quid a kilo wholesale at a total max, with heavy tax and markups 1 grand at most......... and thats the top end figure )

DemonPigeon

Veteran

Yes because we want it to be good quality, safe and ideally to grow it ourselves for free or a small fee to get some kind of lisence

and it's not just that you're dealing with crooks but that you're a target for police too

Lets not forget that "The most dangerous thing about weed is getting caught with it"

the sooner uk growers realise the writings on the wall the better

5 years ago canada was 6 grand a pound ( 12 a kilo )

now they are 2 grand a pound and getting turned away if its not grade AAAAAAA

next year 1 grand a pound............ 2016 ???? is 500 going to happen ???

The more legal the product gets the cheaper it gets, its actually so simple its embarrasing that i need to explain this to hazy ???????????????

if i were a grower in the uk i would have a 8 year exit strategy from weed based on our late adaptation in comparison to the states...........................that would either end up me being a millionairre from hammering it hard for the next 4 years............... or having a few commercially popular strains i can sell for at least 100k a piece in 3 - 4 years when pharma will come looking ( CBD work )........... or at least be in a position to be a grow director for a large PLC ( 500 lights or more ).................... in 8 years or less

if not

i bet my lighting bill will be dearer than my crop of blues or amnesia........... or whatevers popular at the time

- stick a crop of broccoli in a DR120 and see how much you profit from a legal product ( 50 quid max ), tomatoes - 30 quid, chillis - 100 quid if you breed really good ones............

even saffron would work out at less than 200 quid a tent and thats the current most expensive thing on the planet in terms of crop per cm

weed will be a lot cheaper, making it financially unviable for people to grow their own like every other crop in the history of humanity

Last edited:
T

ThcGrower4life

good post springer20 tell you what i wont be growing broccoli in my dr120 because "I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh.....lol

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
actually i'm reading that in colorado the retail price is the same as before it was legal, except now the tax man is taking the money. 17% tax each time it changes hands. with the microchiping of plants and all the records you have to keep and all the lab tests you have to do with each batch you sell all adds up. regulation of that kind will see prices increase if we are not careful. as Hazy said, in Amsterdam weed sells for up to 16 euro a gram and oil for 80 and even 100 a g.

so yeah, i'm not sure it will ever be treated like the normal crop it should be treated as. although thats what i would want, if you gonna legalize then you need to take the black market out of the equation, which you can only do by taking the huge profitability away, which can only happen if it's treated like potatoes or strawberries. but some how i don't see many governments taking that road, they will want to profit from legalization, so they will go the high tax road i bet.

Z

zooty

Springer what you're saying is totally true. Anyone that doesn't realise this is stupid

DemonPigeon

Veteran
actually i'm reading that in colorado the retail price is the same as before it was legal, except now the tax man is taking the money. 17% tax each time it changes hands. with the microchiping of plants and all the records you have to keep and all the lab tests you have to do with each batch you sell all adds up. regulation of that kind will see prices increase if we are not careful. as Hazy said, in Amsterdam weed sells for up to 16 euro a gram and oil for 80 and even 100 a g.

so yeah, i'm not sure it will ever be treated like the normal crop it should be treated as. although thats what i would want, if you gonna legalize then you need to take the black market out of the equation, which you can only do by taking the huge profitability away, which can only happen if it's treated like potatoes or strawberries. but some how i don't see many governments taking that road, they will want to profit from legalization, so they will go the high tax road i bet.

Yeah they'll make it like cigarettes

Mind you weed is so much healther than tobacco, lets say they tax it super high and prices stay they same, we contribute so much more than we take from the system, all of a sudden stoners could be funding the NHS or schools rather than traffickers or mules... How could we not become the most beloved group in the country?:huggg:

hazyfontazy

Veteran
your forgetting 1 thing ,,we live in rip off Britain ,a place where nothing is ever cheaper and never will be

good points raised there ...

colorado is however, the new amsterdam, they can afford to keep prices sky high for now as other states are still illegal, and its in its infancy so prices will be high for another year or so

they can charge what they want, they have pot tourists, they have a massive insurge of new customers and they have people queuing up to buy it at half decent prices mail order, however that wont last longer than a year

then they will plummet like canada is doing, more and more as new states legalise

that wont apply to the UK as law applies to the country, once legal UK veggy farmers will have the opportunity to swap there 30 quid a square meter tomatoes/peppers/cucumbers/potatoes for legal weed......... and they all will (99.9%) if weed is expensive, and if weed is even 1 grand a kilo the entire country will switch and get rich quick, leaving the country with no domestically grown crops other than weed, thus leading to massive market saturation of cannabis and inevitable massive price decline and a huge increase in the prices of veg unless its imported

your colorado comparison is i suppose the same as saying - weed is now legal to grow in london ...........but illegal in the rest of the country - if that happened then of course london will charge a ton for it as everyone wants it, tourists will come to smoke it, dealers will be mail ordering it everywhere etc..... same with colorado, that wont be the case in the UK if it ever happens, if its legal, its legal everwhere, that means farmers will grow it with no artificial lights by the hectacre using 10 quid 20-20-20, 50 kilo bags of fertilizer, hell my neighbour sells barns of chickens to tesco for 5 grand a barn ( about 2000 birds ), if weed were legal then he would grow weed, no question at all ( and work a lot less to make 100 times more )

weed growers forget that normal farmers work there ass off tending to multiple acres of crops for what generally amounts to a minimum wage, we all water a tent or a room for half hour or a few hours a day and get paid 10,000 times per gram more than they do for working 1 hour instead of 18 hours, if it were legal they would wipe the floor with growers

the only way it would work is if weed was as cheap as domestically grown products .... i.e about 100 quid a kilo and tax to bring it up to a grand or so

but then again all these scenarios just show us why legalising a plant just isnt as easy as passing a law, you need to change an economy completely in small steps like the USA is doing right now and drip feed the change so you can manage it at every step

in reality if weed was made legal tomorrow for anyone to grow or sell in the UK, the country would be in chaos by xmas, every farmer in the country would switch, thus leading to a massive price increase of basics such as meat, veg and grains as everyones growing dope at a few grand a kilo instead of veg at 30 quid. then the country would be saturated with cheap weed that noone can sell and by xmas tomatoes would be worth 50 quid a punnet, chickens would be 50 quid a bird and weed less than 50 quid a kilo lol

I lecture in economics and often use Cannabis legislation as a good engaging subject with pupils, they all start thinking lets just change the law and make it legal, and i hope graduate with a far more in depth understanding of how something so small cannot just be done overnight :ying: