What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What yields are you getting with the Gavita & E-Papillon?

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think it may be more of an issue with a practically non-existent distribution network recently in the US for lights Interaction products. I gave up trying to buy a double d-pap here. It is almost as if they dont want to sell here....

Snow Crash

Veteran
not much talk on the e-pap
did the 1000w pro outshine it :)

Something happened with Dutch Garden Supply. I know there was some legal thing going on, I think someone got in trouble... They're trying to sell something else now. I know a few people that got burned bad when they stopped accepting returns. lol, yeah...

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know the story. Bad blood after a shipment of fixtures with issues and warranty claims that resulted. I like DGS alot but they are not happy with LI.

thewhite

Lot of info in this thread so i'll add some more.

Was growing hydro in a tent with two cool tubes (600w) and was pulling about a p. Wasn't enough space. I looked into Gavita and like everyone always said you need high ceilings. That's technically not true. What you need is the correct distance of space between the plant and the canopy. If you have a 2 foot plant on the ground, a 8 ft ceiling and you lose 1 foot because of the ballast itself, that's still 5 feet in between which is more than enough.

I do not have an air conditioner, and I do not have 10 ft ceilings. I have a nice cool house in the winter, especially at night (in CA).

I used a 8" max fan for my intake and my exhaust. The exhaust is pulling the cold air from the inside of my house through the bedroom, along with some oscillating fans. If you have cool air from your house and you can leave a hole in a wall, or the door itself, or leave the door open its certainly possible.

I'm doing hydro and I had to cut my saw horses down just enough to be able to crawl under them and I also had to move the reservoir out into the open which was actually a blessing.

I'm currently in week 6 and so far so good. Over ONE 4x8 tray with ten plants vegged for 6 weeks, it's safe to say it will pull at least 3 from it. I'm going to add one more to the bedroom and see if I can get 5-6.

Current setup:

(2) Gavita 600/750's turned up to 825
Temperature at the cola (75f)
Temperature at bottom of plant (70)
Indica, 10 plants over 4x8
Vegged for 6 weeks to fill entire tray with colas

thewhite

Lot of info in this thread so i'll add some more.

Was growing hydro in a tent with two cool tubes (600w) and was pulling about a p. Wasn't enough space. I looked into Gavita and like everyone always said you need high ceilings. That's technically not true. What you need is the correct distance of space between the plant and the canopy. If you have a 2 foot plant on the ground, a 8 ft ceiling and you lose 1 foot because of the ballast itself, that's still 5 feet in between which is more than enough.

I do not have an air conditioner, and I do not have 10 ft ceilings. I have a nice cool house in the winter, especially at night (in CA).

I used a 8" max fan for my intake and my exhaust. The exhaust is pulling the cold air from the inside of my house through the bedroom, along with some oscillating fans. If you have cool air from your house and you can leave a hole in a wall, or the door itself, or leave the door open its certainly possible.

I'm doing hydro and I had to cut my saw horses down just enough to be able to crawl under them and I also had to move the reservoir out into the open which was actually a blessing.

I'm currently in week 6 and so far so good. Over ONE 4x8 tray with ten plants vegged for 6 weeks, it's safe to say it will pull at least 3 from it. I'm going to add one more to the bedroom and see if I can get 5-6.

Current setup:

(2) Gavita 600/750's turned up to 825
Temperature at the cola (75f)
Temperature at bottom of plant (70)
Indica, 10 plants over 4x8
Vegged for 6 weeks to fill entire tray with colas

You need the correct distance between the top of the canopy and the light. That's what I meant.

the gnome

Veteran
You need the correct distance between the top of the canopy and the light. That's what I meant.

sage advice.
I went with the DE digilumes and they are very impressive.
ordered 4, withina week i had 2 more on the way
thanx snowcrash!
I have 8ft6" ceilings and although they recommend 48" to canopy I mounted the lite and separate with the ballast laid flat.
36-40" is doable and working out good on the 1000w setting.
harvest is in 3-4wks
it's already looking to be a bumper crop
digilumes were put up 2 wks in 12/12.

Great info in here. This thread looks old but I'll bump it up anyways due to some conflicting information about plant hight. Anyone else care to chime in on their experiences running Gavidas with low ceiling height? I have an 8X8 tent going up soon and I'm considering running two 1000w Pro's turned up to the max. I will be running a small portable 12K AC though.

Last edited:

oti$

I've got 6\750 flex' 2' above canopy set at 750. I get the slightest bleaching on the leaves directly under the bulbs. Ceilings 7.5 feet. Air exchangev2x\min. Maximum air circulation in the room. I'm trying to dial in the stretch to allow 2.5 feet between canopy and fixtures. This is only my second run with them, the first I had a pump failure frying 2\3 of the plants in the room. I could still see the yield potential on the surviving plants in spite of the severe stress.

Anyone here dedicating a 3X6 table to a single De turned up? I'm dying to know the potential and what those outside edge plants look like. My 8X8 is going up soon and I'm think about running a few 3X6 trays back to back with two DE's over them.

i grow with 1 750de in 1,2x1,2x2,5 and it's abolutely a super bright light.

With five plants, 9lt hempy 100% perlite and 1 month veg i get constantly 650, 700 grams.

I found the height of the lamps the real key (me also have done the mistake).

If you really keep the distance from it at 70cm, it will yield MUCH MORE than keeping a closer one triyng to give them more light.

Otherwise the brightness of them will literally dry them or force you to raise the RH in flower!!

I just pulled the trigger on the 6-750 de gavita. On average i pull 450g from my 600 hps. I hope the gavita smashes it. Will post a report as soon as i finish a grow

oti$

It is taking me time to dial them(750flex gavitas) in. My most recent run was the best @ 3.75 lbs. Under 2x 750. Previous to the gavitas I'd run mostly vert bare bulb 1k's. My average yield with vert 1k is 1.75- 2 lbs +/-. So, if I continue to dial them in, the gavitas 750 should yield as much as the 1k's, possibly more while using less power. You have to have 2' between the tops and the lights and 2.5' would probably be ideal for these lights. I had a pump fail on my first run with them and because it's a remote grow I didn't catch it for three days. The whole room was fried. I've had plants under and around standard 1ks go without water for as long in similar situations with no issues. Be prepared for the intensity of the light and heat.