What's new

It's been too long

toohighmf

Veteran
Hi all,

I couldn't find the right subforum to post this, so I figured the fert area that I patrolled, was ideal...

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't been around in over a year.. Like the real Kenny Powers, I have what you might call a substance abuse problem. I have been addicted to cocaine, opiates, benzos, and booze for over 20 years. For those of you who know me from other forums, my store, reppin AN, etc know I'm a pretty good dude, when I'm not all fucked up. However, when I'm high, I pull some stupid shit.

Everything I discussed, from robberies, shoot outs to heart attacks, to falling off my roof from the 2nd floor and losing my elbow in the yard are true. Most of this would have never happened if I wasn't high.

In September or 2011, I blew my 3rd crop in a row because I would rather get high, than take care of business. I spent my rent on coke and booze, and I lost my girl, my car, my house, and my sanity. I had been depressed for a number of years, and diagnosed with all sorts of physical and mental health problems. I wanted to die...

When I was preparing to move to the streets upon my eviction, I had my big moment of clarity. I wanted to live! I wanted to be happy!
I called a friend and told her my woes. She asked me to write out all my physical and mental issues, and email it to her. I did, and a day later I received an email with a "grant" to go to a special rehab cost free.

I never tried to get fully sober.. always tried to quit just coke, or just opiates. never tried to quit booze or benzos ever. and life without cannabis?? are you kidding me??? I'm toohighmf, motherfucker!!!

October 29th 2011 was the first day of the rest of my life. I went to detox, and then to this "rehab community" where I spent 3 months in primary care, got a job and moved to sober living for 6 months, before moving out of town for a promotion.

I have been sober ever since. My girl came back to me, I have a much nicer car, a beautiful home, a career, and my sanity! I am now over 15 months clean, and life just keeps getting better. The relationship with my family, and my friends have improved so much. It's been great not to worry everyone I know, and to be trusted!

I'm not writing this to try to inspire anyone to get sober, or stop growing weed. I wish I could still grow! I would much rather grow, than be this legit operator.. It's hard to give up something you studied and loved for over 20 years. I have to though. I can't be around it, as the temptation will get me! I just wanted to let you know that I still love to talk about it, and haven't forgotten any of it.
I read the +rep comments to threads I responded to and it I laugh my ass off most the time.

Thank you for letting me rant, and take you on this trip. I still check my messages periodically, and I'm still happy to help. Peace!

Ps.

FUCK YOU ADVANCED NUTRIENTS!!!

G

greenmatter

i wondered where you went

sounds like that saying about having to fall in shit to come out smelling like a rose is true

more power to ya man! be well and stay clean!

good to know sobriety didn't change your mind about big mike:biggrin:

rangergord

Hey there toohighmf! Thanks for sharing. I have always appreciated your posts here. Educational. Congrats on kicking some vices. If you can get things down to just the herb, you could be a saint LOL! But seriously when a substance ends up destroying your quality of life despite your best intentions, you have to draw the line and abstain. Glad to hear you have done that! Hope you find your way to serenity.

roasthawg

Congrats man! Ex-con and lifelong addict myself with 5 years sober... life sure does get easier once you're sober!! Keep up the good fight man and always stay on your guard!

toohighmf

Veteran
Thanks, man. It's been 4.5 years. Think I'm pretty ready. no more fuckin around though.
Go big or go home!