What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

T5 Club... Show Us Your Stuff...

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Hey ZZT, just read your sweetbutter recipe. I've been using the cannabutter in 7 easy steps recipe. Even redoing in water a few times it still tastes rancid. You say doing it your way will get rid of that horrible taste? Except for the coffee press that's how I do mine. If I read right you used fresh bud, dried in the oven? I've use cured bud and trimmings. Would trimmings work or add the green taste, as I call it? I think I'm going to have to get a cheap coffee press.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
for a little more wattage a 1000 watt hps woulda killed it in there.

Local hydro shop around here was selling the heck out of T5s claiming that everyone was switching out of HID to them and that they were the way of the future.

I knew they were good veg lights so I had no problem buying a few for future use, but just had to see if they'd bloom as this guy was claiming.

Bottom line.. they can, but no depth penetration. No surprise we are still better off with HPS when it comes to production.

That little T5 attic show was in my earlier days.. snuck away far up in the attic. Nobody was the wiser. I shortly later started locking doors and hanging HIDs. Fun times none the less.

T5s have their place. I've got a buddy that SOGs with them (25 plants per 8 lamp unit) and gets very good results. He can stack garden spaces which means he kills it in Sq Ft efficiency.

:dance013:

BTW, Every Bad Boy T5 I ever owned had gotten returned back to the hydro-shop for replacement with a Hydrofarm Designer unit. Ballasts would die.. only half the lamps would light. Maybe a defective batch or something but,

Bad Boys = JUNK! if you ask me.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
T5s have their place. I've got a buddy that SOGs with them (25 plants per 8 lamp unit) and gets very good results. He can stack garden spaces which means he kills it in Sq Ft efficiency.

THIS.

My future garden will actually be banks and banks of T5HO's, 3 tiers deep, in a typical 8 ft tall bedroom closet. Basically, if plant numbers don't scare you, you can have the most efficient bud-on-a-stick factory that pumps out about 4 lbs every 10 weeks, and only takes up about 2' x 8' space. This would use six 8-bulb fixtures, and would total 2592 watts of easily cooled lighting. Yes, I'm aware that 2000w of HPS would yield this same amount possibly, but not in only 2' x 8' space.

ZZTops

Veteran
Hey ZZT, just read your sweetbutter recipe. I've been using the cannabutter in 7 easy steps recipe. Even redoing in water a few times it still tastes rancid. You say doing it your way will get rid of that horrible taste? Except for the coffee press that's how I do mine. If I read right you used fresh bud, dried in the oven? I've use cured bud and trimmings. Would trimmings work or add the green taste, as I call it? I think I'm going to have to get a cheap coffee press.

That's right Hank, No More Green Taste...!

Since we do not use water the Chlorophyll is not leached out of the material like it is with the water method, Chlorophyll is responsible for the green taste...

You can use Fresh or Dried Material the same way as described in my method, just watch it close in the decarb process...

A Coffee Press is nice, clean and cheap but you can do it the old way as well...

ZZTops

Veteran
THIS.

My future garden will actually be banks and banks of T5HO's, 3 tiers deep, in a typical 8 ft tall bedroom closet. Basically, if plant numbers don't scare you, you can have the most efficient bud-on-a-stick factory that pumps out about 4 lbs every 10 weeks, and only takes up about 2' x 8' space. This would use six 8-bulb fixtures, and would total 2592 watts of easily cooled lighting. Yes, I'm aware that 2000w of HPS would yield this same amount possibly, but not in only 2' x 8' space.

That would step it up and be very efficient way to grow...

If only numbers were not a problem but we're getting closer to it not being a problem...:)

I can see a conveyer belt Bloom Chamber, veg in bloom out...lol

2 Legal Co

Veteran
I'm liking the 4'ers because they are only about $30 more.

However with the added flexibility of the 2'ers I may change my thinking. lol

I now have one 4'er and one 2'er, but the 2'er is only 4 tubes.

ZZTops

Veteran
Spark It Up Noyd...!

Flipped the room in to Bloom today...

Finley decided to bloom the White Russian, so gave it a flat top and Lollypoped. A very slow grower so I'm going to try it without a screen and see what happens...

picture.php

Here's the Indica leaning Bubblegum, tied down and ready to go...

picture.php

picture.php

komboloi

Outstanding and inspirational, ZZ. I'll be interested to see how the WR does without any scrogging. Good luck! How long were they and the indica-leaning Bubblegum vegged?

N

noyd666

Do they grow lots bigger in open soil?

You have a clear top on the shed?:biggrin:

on edit; Now I see the pots, before it just looked like dirt floor.... "never mind" lol
:biggrin:1= yes.
2= yes.
3. yes mate dirt floor, and couple of buckets,useally 2lb ers.:)

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Darn noy. that looked like a bamboo stalk for a stem. Good working the t-5. You SOB's got me thinking now and that's always trouble.

ZZTops

Veteran
Outstanding and inspirational, ZZ. I'll be interested to see how the WR does without any scrogging. Good luck! How long were they and the indica-leaning Bubblegum vegged?

They're 65 Days from when I popped the seeds in dirt...

Will put up the Sativa leaning Bubblegum tomorrow...

2 Legal Co

Veteran
:biggrin: gotcha:biggrin: but it is a nice plant still climbing, i need some t.5s.

Me thinks that you need more than t5s for that plant! I don't know how you'd keep them close enough to do well.

But then again you aren't really using the light I suppose. Just extending the light cycle? Looking good whatever. :biggrin:

I'm also currently looking for a way to use the 'free light' that shows up every day, as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts