What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

T5 Club... Show Us Your Stuff...

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey ZZTops, do you lift the lights to take the pics? Def try to keep them bulbs as close as you can to the top of the plants, like 1-2" is where you want for maximum lumen output...

Looking good tho!

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Hey ZZTops, do you lift the lights to take the pics? Def try to keep them bulbs as close as you can to the top of the plants, like 1-2" is where you want for maximum lumen output...

Looking good tho!

Since you're asking about mine (maybe). Yup, pretty thin pictures if you don't, since the tops are less than 2"s from the tubes normally. Sssshhh, Girls are asleep now. :thank you: ZZ

on edit;
I hang the wire/fencing, and the light, with 'dogchains'. Easier to move that way. Of course the wire is buried in the tops now, so it's stationary. lol

Also Forgot to mention that I shut off the 4 middle tubes as well, otherwise it glares a bit.

Last edited:

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
interesting 3d's zz..some of best t5 garden...you simply rock the cab grower.RESPECT!!
recently i buy a tt 110w( ppl neon 2x55w) for my veg.cab and work veri well, sure my old mh 250w was more powerfull, in 3 week my plants in veg arrive to 6 internode , under tt110w in 3week my plants grow only 4/5 internode but dosent matter, they are same green healthy and beautifull and 100w less power i use LESS HEAT,so im happy with my new toys, now i THINK for summer ..i want buy t5 around 200w for flow cab for fight the hot temps, summer in italy is hot
im tuned for the progress!!

ZZTops

Veteran
Hey Killer Thanks for Stopping By...

Feel Free to post some photos of your grows, we need some Love around Here...

I love the look of the PLL's and I'm going to do some side lighting with them in my small cabs to improve their reach...

Come on Folks lets see some photos...:tiphat:

ZZTops

Veteran
Kind of Slow Around Here So a Blast From The Past...

Last time I fired up my 400w HPS with Light Mover in 2010 I had Weed Coming Out My Ears. At that time I was running full Hydro and loving it...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Loook at this P I G Hog, 180g - 20g 10" Plate = 160g or 5.7ozs Fresh Off the Bush...

picture.php

picture.php

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
we 'veg' under 14 4ft t5's in our 4x4 tent.. we tried to flower under them, but found the buds were not maturing as fast as they do under 3000w of hps/mh...i tip my hat..:tiphat:... to you guys flowering under
t5's... nice grows..mite have to try it again..

they sure do fine under em when veggin.. these r approx 3-4weeks... we veg em between 65/75days n then flower em...

Attachments

• 58.7 KB · Views: 26

ydijadoit

Lovin this thread. When I retire from larger HPS growing, I am really excited to try the T-5's through an entire run. I run a 4' 8 bulb rig for veg/cloning, and its great. Here's another source for T-%'s, that will likely make you folks laugh. Look who's in the hydro biz now... Of course, only for growing hydroponic orchids. Lot's of people do that right? Haha. Type in "Hydroponic" in the site's search window. You will giggle. Can't get much more mainstream than this. (Until Wal-Tard comes up with a crappier version, anyway.
Be well.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/cat...=None&Ntpr=1&Ntpc=1&selectedCatgry=Search+All

truepunk87

closet
20130109_103424.jpg

just waiting on room for the next run, a woody haze a SSSDH already placed in 12/12
20130109_103617.jpg
some dry Chernobyl
20130108_195111.jpg
woody haze a
IMG_20130103_135354.jpg

2 Legal Co

Veteran
we 'veg' under 14 4ft t5's in our 4x4 tent.. we tried to flower under them, but found the buds were not maturing as fast as they do under 3000w of hps/mh...i tip my hat..:tiphat:... to you guys flowering under
t5's... nice grows..mite have to try it again..

they sure do fine under em when veggin.. these r approx 3-4weeks... we veg em between 65/75days n then flower em...

How many watts total, were the t5s?

3000watts in a 4x4, can that really be cost effective?

Lots of lumens.:biggrin:

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Lovin this thread. When I retire from larger HPS growing, I am really excited to try the T-5's through an entire run. I run a 4' 8 bulb rig for veg/cloning, and its great. Here's another source for T-%'s, that will likely make you folks laugh. Look who's in the hydro biz now... Of course, only for growing hydroponic orchids. Lot's of people do that right? Haha. Type in "Hydroponic" in the site's search window. You will giggle. Can't get much more mainstream than this. (Until Wal-Tard comes up with a crappier version, anyway.
Be well.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/cat...=None&Ntpr=1&Ntpc=1&selectedCatgry=Search+All

Must be a 'Higher Quality' unit than mine. :biggrin: Got mine from a local Hydo store and it was only $227, IIRC. (HydroFarm)... They even changed out half/4, of the tubes for me N/C, so it's good to go 'full run'. I veg under 4 of the tubes until I need the larger footprint of all 8.

The tubes in the HydroFarm are and were Phillips. I think Phillips is one of the 'better' brands? Thx, Way to Grow.... :thank you:

So either HomeDespot, needs to make more profit,,, or they aren't buying them for the right price?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
How many watts total, were the t5s?
3000watts in a 4x4, can that really be cost effective?
Lots of lumens.:biggrin:

hey legal... in the tent we have '2' t5 fixtures an 8bulb n a 6 bulb, as 2 8bulbs will not fit so well..

we have a 10x12 flower room with the 3x1000w fixtures... i dont think u could ever exhault even 1 1000watter... those suckers put out a lot of heat..

2 Legal Co

Veteran
hey legal... in the tent we have '2' t5 fixtures an 8bulb n a 6 bulb, as 2 8bulbs will not fit so well..

we have a 10x12 flower room with the 3x1000w fixtures... i dont think u could ever exhault even 1 1000watter... those suckers put out a lot of heat..

:biggrin:I was wondering about that 3k number! So your t5s are 14@54watts. How extended was the bloom, and how much yield decrease did you see?

I'm just curious as to your results. I'm new to this, and don't need/want huge production numbers. Just want efficiency and top drawer product. Stay'n Colo. compliant, Ya know.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a 4ft 8 bulb HOT5 Bad Boy- 2 o/o switches + each 2 bulbs have their own reflector. I use aquarium bulbs

I recommend 2 @ 4 bulb, much easier to replace bulbs over the plants, or 1 @ 4 bulb + 2 @ 2 bulb for side lighting- not needed if you are scrogging

Veg

UVL Aquasuns + Zoomed Florasun + 1 Wave Point Coral Wave

Flower

2 Zoomed Florasun + 2 UVL Aquasun + 2 UVL Red Life + 1 Wave Point Coral Wave + Quantum 2700 on the outside to complete 8 bulbs

In late flower, last grow I dropped to 6 then 4 bulbs (2 UVL Red Lifes + 1 UVL 660 + 1 Wave Point Coral Wave), but next grow I will finish with 6 bulbs

3 different strains all vg bag seed, so unknown genetics

View attachment 201926 View attachment 201927 View attachment 201928

Last edited:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
:biggrin:I was wondering about that 3k number! So your t5s are 14@54watts. How extended was the bloom, and how much yield decrease did you see?

I'm just curious as to your results. I'm new to this, and don't need/want huge production numbers. Just want efficiency and top drawer product. Stay'n Colo. compliant, Ya know.

we had a bunch of plants in the tent veggin.. we took 1/2 of em (12) and put em in the flower room under 2000w, and left the other 12 in the tent and went 12/12...within 3 weeks we took the 12 from the tent, and put them in the flower room and turned on the 3rd light...

the diff in budding was nite and day... the plants in the flower room were 'light' years ahead of the tent... hence why we only vegg under
t5's... but after seeing some of the pics posted, we mite have to give it another try...

ZZTops

Veteran
Wow... Busten It Out With T5's, Thanks for Visiting and Sharing Everyone...:tiphat:

truepunk87... Been following your thread and was hoping you'd stop by, nice Skills My Friend...

Yoijadoit... Got to love the Home Depot or any company with Pot in there name...lol

PetFlora... Sweet, a prize in every bag. The 400w grow above was a bag seed from some nice Mex that I grow out. Ended up in several dispensary's here in Colo and several Friends Gardens as it was a keeper...

Zach... I look at the T5's more for Personal Grows, they'll give ya the Quality and Quantity needed for Personal Use. Now 3K's is going to give you a lot more product faster if you know how to run them and your room is dialed in, if not... not so much...

Making Some Butter Today out of the Sugar Buds, will up-date with photos of how I do it...

Again Thanks for Sharing Everyone...!:tiphat:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Making Some Butter Today out of the Sugar Buds, will up-date with photos of how I do it...
tiphat:

PLEASE DO.... we have a friend who is sick n wants cookies/brownies.. i take it the proper way to make em is sub the butter for canna-butter.. but it appears tobe a pain making it... give us a nice quick n easy way.. :dance013: