What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nutrients and Additives (UK)

bigwity

Veteran
so all i need to do is buy this stuff and i can use it as ferts? bloom or veg i dont play the expensive fert game if its over a tenner im out.

Thankyou shafty +rep

bigwity

Veteran
Not used Top Shooter but your method sounds the same as mine. Is TS a PK booster? I'm at day 30 of 12/12 today and I'm just starting to ramp up the P and K and reduce the N. Way I see it, P and K grow buds whereas N grows leaves and they are at the point where I don't want to grow any more leaf, I just want them to grow more buds.I feed veg nutes for the first two weeks of bloom then two weeks of bloom nutes then I start adding P and K and slowly tailing off the bloom nutes will upping the PK until last week before the flush they are just getting PK then I flush for only 2 weeks, not 3. I know 3 gives a little bit more smell and taste but I find it reduces yield and it doesn't improve some plants as compared to 2 weeks whereas some really do benefit from a 3 week flush.

Nice one, let us know how it goes. Remember to put the sulphate of potash in first then add the mpk second.
if that works out can you pm me mate

Dr. D

Veteran
Potsil is silicone. It is a direct replacement for the cannabis specific silicon products such as AN Rhinoskin, Dutchmaster Silica+, Budlink etc. They are all just potassium silicate disolved in water.

Glad it is interesting.

Lol sorry yeh i know had a moment and thought at work today, that is silicone!! Had to check my silicone bottle when i got home to be sure, was having a mad one ....

Dr. D

Veteran
bigwity best thing to do is to keep it simple, iv gone back to basics over the past twelve months and testing stuff out to see what actually works. Theres so much stuff on the market it's ridiculous.
I feed at the minimum as well 2ml per litre of the base feed unless they want more, thats an ec of only about 1.2.
What nutes and additives are you using and what media?

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What sort of amounts would you use with the HG drain unblocker ? I just bought some as I've run out of enzymes. :dance:

Might it be easier to dilute some into a separate bottle for use?

ever get an answer to the septic system digester stuff: drain cleaner? i have a bottle from www.uniquemm.com i just got. wondering the same thing. 35 billion bactera per quart, seems like a drop or two per quart. who the hell knows?

shafty420

wouldnt say use it as a full veg/bloom forumla would use something specifily for that purpose and use this as a additive to boost plants performance but thats my opinion i could be completly wrong

bigwity

Veteran
bigwity best thing to do is to keep it simple, iv gone back to basics over the past twelve months and testing stuff out to see what actually works. Theres so much stuff on the market it's ridiculous.
I feed at the minimum as well 2ml per litre of the base feed unless they want more, thats an ec of only about 1.2.
What nutes and additives are you using and what media?
i am using vitalink for flower and pure nitrogen prills mixed in water for veg in john innes no2 soil with 30% pearlite mixed in. im still learning i have only just realised that more ferts dont mean more bud lmao

funkymonkey

I just add a capful of the Hagesan stuff to my nute mix once a week. Because I recycle my nutes after each watering this seems to work for me. It's approx 20x stronger than Cannazym so you don't need to use a lot of it, best advice I can give is to experiment, starting with a very low dose of like 0.1ml per litre and go from there.

shafty420

i am using vitalink for flower and pure nitrogen prills mixed in water for veg in john innes no2 soil with 30% pearlite mixed in. im still learning i have only just realised that more ferts dont mean more bud lmao

sounds a gd start mate your right in fact that more nutes dont equal more buds if pick righ ones only need a few i use plant magic additives and soil as there an english company and really reasonable

i been using Micro, Bloom, and Grow for awhile and it seem to work ok, but me over here checking out your garden, ima have to switch over and see how everything come out.

bigwity

Veteran
im gonna use water untill my plants look like they need somthing then use 1 ml of vitalink bloom a and 1ml of b per watering. id like to find a cheap booster for flower

funkymonkey

Interesting shafty, I hear good thinks about Plant Magic.

Bigwity, that recipe I posted for Hammerhead can be made really cheap, you just need mono PK and sulphate of potash, being in a farming area, you should be able to find both of those easily.

shafty420

give em a crack see what you reckon ive had gd experiance with them really simple to use stuff just ordered some potsil and that hg drain unblocker from fleabay so thats going into the medicine cupboard
deffo wanna give your hammerhead recipe a go

theherbalizor

Veteran
Yeah plant magic soil rocks. Did all my peppers and chillis in it this year. Will be using it exclusively on the farm next year. They have done me a very good price.

Got my POTsil today. Nice and quick.

So, I have never used silicone before. Do I use from seedling until flush, or just on established plants - or just from flower.

At 0.25ml / L this is up with Root Excel on concentration.

funkymonkey

I use it as soon as my seedlings have their first true leaves, I stop using it a week or two before flush as it can make buds hard to burn (silicates are fire retardants) and too much silicon is why a lot of the commercial buds you see from the Asians won't hold a flame in a joint.

Silicone is particularly good if you like to crush the stems (supercropping) to control height, I do that a lot due to height issues and feeding silicon the day after really helps em recover. I've had some really thick and hard stems on my plants due to silicon and pinching the stems, I had a 2 foot tall KC that had a stem so thick and hard I could have used it as a weapon! lol

Because I use coco the Plant Magic stuff hasn't really appealed to me, but I see they have a coco nute out now. I'll not be buying any nutes for a long time till I've used up all the stuff I have.