What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drying in tent?

Bobbo4200

Veteran
I need a better enviroment to dry in, does anyone dry in a tent with an intake and exhaust fan?

Thanks.

Rondon

Hell yes. I have a dedicated drying/curing room with cheap ac and dehuey to get precise drying climate consistently. And with 4 3x3 cheap tents for multiple strains. They work great. I got lines across the ceiling of the room for hanging the big stuff. And net racks in the tents for the golfball nuggets. Drying tents are awesome. I do both wet trim and dry trim. Indoor. Outdoor. Easy peasy. All by hand because to this day I havent rented/bought or borrowed a trim machine that doesn't fuk the flower up in some way. The room stays a steady 72 degrees with 50 to 55% relative humidity with non direct oscillating fans and its dark. Not pitch black 12 - 12 room dark but no real light dark. I leave the zipper doors on the 3x3 tents always open. I have a crew of grow buddys..kind of like a caregiver/growers club. We trust each other with our lives and some of them actually bring some of thier harvest over to dry as well. Its always loaded with something because alot of us run perpetual rotating systems. One of these buddys has a room in his basement that houses all of the clubs stock mother plants too. We got a good thing going. A group of medical caregivers. We all grow on our own seperate setups with our allowed 5 patients but sometimes share the drying room (mine). Especailly in October during the outdoor harvest season. When the the load comes down. And a mother plant room holds our main prized stock mothers (we do have backups). But anyways..go ahead and use a small tent for your drying bro. The work nice. A million ways to set them up for drying climate. You can use intake and exhaust fans. All kinds of ways to get a consistent perfect dry and cure.

Last edited:

aquavitae

a tent is nice because you can control the amount of light ( you want dark) and if you have the temp and humidity under control a tent is ideal

AV

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I have a tent that I use specifically for drying and curing and it works great.

It's a 3x5 tent with a CanLite filter, an exhaust fan, a dehumidifier and racks for the buds.

I leave my harvested pot in the tent for about 3 weeks before it goes into jars.

Most of my harvests are about 1 to 2 pounds and this holds it nicely.

Attachments

• dryingtent.jpg
    dryingtent.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Thanks for the input guys.

Do you have an intake fan Ring?, or do you leave the door mostly open like that?

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...yeah, i use a Secret Jardin DP90 dedicated drying tent that runs about $100.00 if you shop around, this one i link you to is over priced so shop around before you buy.

...anyway, i have a small squirrel cage fan and a 4" scrubber that i mounted to a piece of plywood so when i need to use the tent i just set up the frame, toss the plywood on top, slip the tent over the frame and i'm good to go. (if you'd like i can take a couple pics to show you this arrangement)

...the DP90 is made as a drying tent so it has a breathable fabric membrane that wraps around all three sides of the tent so there are zero conventional intakes, anyway, inside the tent i hang a net rack with 6 shelves each of which will hold maybe 2 zipz of bud.

picture.php

...all told i guess i have about $200.00 into this setup and i'd say it was money well spent considering how badly my place reeked every harvest before i broke down and took control, all for a measly $200.00, lol.

...let me know if you want me to take those pics.

peace, bozo

justanotherbozo

Veteran
:peacock:
Hey thanks Bozo, yeah could you if you don't mind?

I'm gonna shop on Amazon later, thanks again.

you're welcome man, glad i had something to share.

...and here are a few pics that should make my little shortcut easy to understand.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

...the tent isn't up at the moment but this just sits on top of the tent frame and the chimney fits exactly where the chimney of the tent is, ...make sure you set the tent up before you cut the hole for the exhaust in the wood to be sure you cut it in the right place.

...anyway, this makes setting up the dry tent easy peasy, takes me about 15 minutes to get it up and running.

peace, bozo

...btw, i have the fan on a speed controller and i run the fan as slow as possible while still maintaining a negative pressure.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
So you're exhausting really low out of the tent with it?

I think I'll just get a booster fan with some ducting exhausting out of the tent, I don't know if I'll use a filter.

Thank you.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Bobbo, thanks for the thread, exactly the information I came for.:tiphat:

Bozo, as always, real good stuff.:tiphat:.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
So you're exhausting really low out of the tent with it?

I think I'll just get a booster fan with some ducting exhausting out of the tent, I don't know if I'll use a filter.

Thank you.
...no man, the chimney exhausts out of the top of the tent and i doubt a booster fan would have power enough to create any negative pressure.

...i would also suggest too that for me the scrubber was the whole purpose behind the tent because i have neighbors and folks like my mailman who come to my door from time to time and the reek of cannabis is very strong during the harvest.

...the second time the UPS guy told me how nice it smelled on my porch was when i started putting my dry tent setup together.

...i would also say that the dry tent is flat black inside and has almost zero holes, just the chimney at the top and 2 small openings for wiring, the air intake is from a breathable fabric wrapped around the bottom third of the tent.

peace, bozo

Latest posts

Latest posts