What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vert vs horizontal in 4x4?

Hello people, I've been growing vert for a little while Now, usually with 6 or 8 plants. Just built a 4 site ppk setup and wondering if my 4x4 tent is really big enough to grow 4 plants vert? Would take a fair amount of training to fill in the gaps, which is fine as I usually tie to a screen behind plants. But for anyone with experience, is it worth it over say lst and horizontal? ( i will not scrog as it will be my first ppk run, and with 65% perlite to 35 coco... 🤔, I want plants to be removable if I have to make any adjustments)

It's coming in to summer here so heat is always more of an issue with my 3x3 reflector. If vert i will stack a 600hps with a 250mh, as have been doing in past, purely because I already have the 250. If horizontal I will just run the 600

Anyone have any advice?

gr866

Veteran
I run 5 plants in a 4x4 vert using stacked 315W CMH
Turned one plant into oil as it gave me shit the whole grow and did not yield, The other 4 plants, G13 Haze, yielded 24.5 zips, and 10.5 oz's of shake, untrimmed buds (were not worth trimming, too much time) and the one plant that gave me shit.

Never really had a heat issue, it was a summer grow. Just harvest about 4 weeks ago.
I have no qualms in growing in the 4x4 again.

GR
My last vert grow.

My last horizontal.

Last edited:

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
yeah dude, get 2 cool tubes, yank the guts from one and mount both bulbs into each end. draw air from out the tent through bottom out the top and outside. i run a triple stack myself
pics or it dint happen

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php