What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leg Pain

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They will probably do a balloon to open up artery, then a stent keeping artery in place.
Having total blockage (think of a garden hose blocked....it'll blow with enough pressure)

Warfarin is the least inexpensive "blood thinner". Been on it 6 yrs. (multiple [5!] blood clots in lungs, possibly from lupus/RA- almost died) and will be on it for life. If taking proper precautions, it's a great drug, but has to be monitored.

Blockage probably a symptom of some other causation...sedentary lifestyle. This is a wake up call and a chance to make things a priority in your life. Consider this a "gift" of life, another chance.

Smokerman

Veteran
They will probably do a balloon to open up artery, then a stent keeping artery in place.
Having total blockage (think of a garden hose blocked....it'll blow with enough pressure)

Warfarin is the least inexpensive "blood thinner". Been on it 6 yrs. (multiple [5!] blood clots in lungs, possibly from lupus/RA- almost died) and will be on it for life. If taking proper precautions, it's a great drug, but has to be monitored.

Blockage probably a symptom of some other causation...sedentary lifestyle. This is a wake up call and a chance to make things a priority in your life. Consider this a "gift" of life, another chance.

Vascular Surgeon said balloon wouldn't work, he is doing a bypass if he can find a suitable artery ( I had a double heart bypass 15 years ago and they used a left arm artery and a left leg artery) if not he said he would use a synthetic one. Hospital called this afternoon to tell me I have to be there for 6:00 am, surgery starts at 7:45 and should take about 3 and a half hours. Just did first shower with the soap they gave me and shower tomorrow before I leave.:woohoo:

Smokerman

Veteran
I am back, thanks for well wishes. Surgery went well,while on telemetry doctors they notice something something arrhythmia. they want ne to follow up my cardiologist saying it can become a serious\life or death issue. I will address it. I will post pics of the leg ( which is extremely ugly) as soon as I can figure out how to get them off icloud. I also have to figure out what I just did to the font. Again thaks for the positive vibes

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Glad to hear you're still on this rock with us, buddy
Enjoy the rest, you'll be back to work soon enough -- no point in stressing over that which you cannot change.

Enjoy your 2nd lease on life buddy.

I hope the arrhythmia gets corrected soon and easily

dddaver

Veteran
I can really relate. Man, this getting older shit really sucks sometimes. I went to the dermatologist yesterday. After cutting a thing off my face and zapping me with that frozen gas shit (nitrogen) a few times on my arms and pulling a black-head off my belly with tweezers that has been there for years, he now says the sebaceous cyst in my neck has grown and is scheduling surgery for me to have it cut out finally. It's been there since the 90s. FUCK! Now?

Meanwhile, when I saw my regular internist a couple weeks ago my BP and heart rate were pretty high as I was in pain from falling hard on my ass back in June. That guy said he was referring me to cardiac back then, but no one has called from there. I even talked to his receptionist again last week about his postponing his follow-up appointment and told her no one has called about the referral. She said she would take care of it. STILL, no one has called.

Anyway, this getting older shit can really suck sometimes. I think if you are younger, just stop getting any older. NOW! I cannot recommend this. :biggrin:

Best of luck dude.

Runt

ddaver: I seriously secong that. If age would at least bring me some wisdom...a teeny bit at least.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Cute nurses?
That's the one thing that keeps me happy the times I end up in the hospital -- cute nurses with friendly smiles

Runt

I guess night nurses are more or less the ones that can´t be shown to the general public during daylight hours :)

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Nothing better than an awesome, cute nurse.
Nothing worse than a horrible nurse.
I had a shitty nurse right after my spinal fusion. lady was pushing on my back to roll me to a different bed only hours after the surgery. I've always wondered if that was the cause of all the problems with my back after the surgery.
I have since learned to speak up -- If there's a nurse I don't like I speak up and tell my nurse that this shitty nurse is not allowed in my room and not allowed to take care of me (the Patient's Bill of Rights allows you to refuse medical treatment from any person you chose)
The funny thing is, this actually puts me in good graces with the other nurses because that shitty nurse is often hated among the other nurses so if you speak up about the shitty ones it kind of validates the good nurses' feelings that the shitty nurse really is shitty

Smokerman, let us know when you're back home and walking around again