What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blynx's 1 sqft CFL cab & other CFL micro cabs

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The C99 BX1 has finished drying.

Here's a shot of the larger buds

picture.php

and a shot of all the buds

picture.php

and here's the final weight

picture.php

The yield was 31.67 grams of nice dense pineapple smelling C99 BX1

I don't think this is too bad for an area that is only .84 sqft in size.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good stuff you have going. Have you thought of using reflectors on the cfl's? Curious if you find the LED smoke different than the cfl grown.

I have 2 63 watt LED's with pll flouro added.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good stuff you have going. Have you thought of using reflectors on the cfl's? Curious if you find the LED smoke different than the cfl grown.

I have 2 63 watt LED's with pll flouro added.

I don't use reflectors with the cfls because I let the plants grow up/near/around/above the lights and I feel a reflector would interfere with that.

I do put strips of metal tape above the cfls as a sort of pseudo reflector, but nothing more than that.

I did not notice a difference in smoke between cfl and led buds. The only difference I noticed was that the led buds were smaller than the cfl buds.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice looking scrog blynx. Is your lavendar from seed or cut? Take care:tiphat:

The scrog plant is not lavender, it's TRC's (Texas Resin Company) Sweet Widow Lavender.

The lineage is Sweettooth#4 x Soma Lavender x Sharon Widow

I was gifted some older original seeds and I managed to get 2 of the seeds to germ. I ended up with a male and a female. I collected a bunch of pollen from the male and kept the female.

The plants in the scrog are clones from the female Sweet Widow Lavender I kept from the seeds I started.

Seismic

Sounds like a killer cross dude, I have heard some good things about the old offerings from when TRC was still around. That's great you were able to save some pollen. Do you got any crosses in mind, or will you make some f2's? Take care dude

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like a killer cross dude, I have heard some good things about the old offerings from when TRC was still around. That's great you were able to save some pollen. Do you got any crosses in mind, or will you make some f2's? Take care dude

I made some F2s but only ended up with a small amount of seeds so I'm gonna try to make some more.

I shared some pollen and I know crosses were made with it, but exactly what I'm not sure.

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Blynx - I just want to say that your CFL cab work is absolutely stunning! AND inspiring.

I have one ready to go but not till Feb. 3 x 105w cfl's in just over a 3 foot square cab.

:)

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the 1sq ft cab at the end of week 7

1 sqft CFL Cab

picture.php

picture.php

I thought I'd show some shots of the plants in the cab.

Here are the back two plants in their place

picture.php

picture.php

The Grape Krush F2 is getting some nice purple colors and some of the buds are growing up behind the lights. You can see that better in this shot.

picture.php

Here are all four plants in the cab

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Three more weeks to go!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are my hero, low budget, low labor, low tech i guess and faily high yields. I am lazy and want all the work savers I can get, but want decent yield.

How is the buzz off that Grape Krush, if you have had it yet (ie. mellow, up, calm, etc). Also, did you notice the LED buds as being less dense than cfl? I ask because my 3 strains I have grown with LED(same unit as you) were fluffy. Could have been genetics as these are new to me.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are my hero, low budget, low labor, low tech i guess and faily high yields. I am lazy and want all the work savers I can get, but want decent yield.

How is the buzz off that Grape Krush, if you have had it yet (ie. mellow, up, calm, etc). Also, did you notice the LED buds as being less dense than cfl? I ask because my 3 strains I have grown with LED(same unit as you) were fluffy. Could have been genetics as these are new to me.

I haven't smoked too much of the Grape Krush F2. I can tell you it's very tasty, but affectwise can't really offer an opinion at this point.

The only thing I really noticed about the LED buds was that they were smaller. They were pretty much the same density as CFL/HID.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the scrog at the end of week 7

Sweet Widow Lavender

Day 49 Flower

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Three more weeks to go! :dance013:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was a little too optimistic with the new C99 BX1. I made the mistake of trying to put a really old rootball from a small container (3") into 2 gallons of re-used hot soil.

As you can see she really didn't like it. Here she is after 6 days of vegging.

C99 BX1

Day 06 Veg

I don't feel like trying to fix this plant while I'm trying to flower it, so I pulled it out of the cab/container and transplanted it into a 6" pot with a 60% Promix, 20% Earthworm castings and 20% Coarse perlite mix and watered with kelp water.

She was then put under some CFLs to veg and get stronger.

I had another C99 BX1 in a 3" pot that's been in that pot since the beginning of September.

Fortunately this C99's rootball, tho filled, was healthier than the C99 BX1 I just transplanted back to a 6" pot.

Since the plant was older and had a smaller rootball, I filled the 2gal pot with the 60/20/20 promix/ewc/perlite mix and transplanted the C99 BX1 into it.

C99 BX1

Day 00 Veg

Because the plant is so tall to begin with I will be training/supercropping the plant. First was simple metal hooks holding the two top branches down.

Here she is in the cab under the lights

I will be vegging this plant for a week, then flipping the lights to 12/12.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The new C99 appears to be doing a lot better than the first attempt with re-used hot soil.

Here she is the next day

C99 BX1

Day 01 Veg

and 3 days later

C99 BX1

Day 04 Veg

She's starting to put out new growth. A couple more days and the lights will be flipped to 12/12.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Dopeboy668

Here's the 1sq ft cab at the end of week 8

1 sqft CFL Cab

picture.php

picture.php

Getting closer :dance013:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I removed the 2 wires that were being used to lst the top two branches on the C99 BX1. The branches are now growing horizontally and putting out new growth along the branches.

C99 BX1

Day 08 Veg

She's really perking up and putting out new growth. I plan on flipping her to 12/12 in two days.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the scrog at the end of week 8

Sweet Widow Lavender

Day 56 Flower

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

She's coming down in a couple days!

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the C99 BX1 at the end of 10 days of veg. The lights are getting flipped to 12/12 today.

C99 BX1

Day 00 Flower

The growth is really starting to take off. I plan on starting to supercrop branches in the next day or two.