What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Becoming an ICMAGAZINE (online) Subscriber....Your Chance To Help....

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi,
Count me in my man...let's see 27.3 cents a day times 365...uh...yeah...uh..hey gypsy...can i borrow your calculamator thangy?

Oh well just twenty more mattresses to test!

Yeah, that there Gypsy is proud of it all right! But, I would be too!

C'mon now dig up under them cushins...

Li'l Abner

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Isn't it easiest to throw a money order in an envelope and mail it in? That leaves no paper trail.

Could someone simply buy a 100 dollar prepaid credit card and give you the numbers?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
JJScorpio said:
Isn't it easiest to throw a money order in an envelope and mail it in? That leaves no paper trail.

Could someone simply buy a 100 dollar prepaid credit card and give you the numbers?

Man.....if you could feel the trouble I have had with CC's......fraud (mostly from Brazil and Romania but plenty of other places).....charge-backs.......trying to figure out whats valid and whats not.....it's a head-ache I would rather not have....a catalogue of disasters....

G

Thanks Gypsy for this great site! I like the sounds of this system and will be a lifetime supporter when I have the money, I think the prices are more than fair. I like the fact that those of us that can, will have a chance to help out to keep the rest of the forum open for those that don't have the money or don't yet know how valuable this community is. I applaud you and all your marvelous ventures which I enjoy on a regular basis!

Another seed retailer uses egold & liberty reserve? Maybe you could email us a number when we make cc payment and we would then have to pm this back to you to have our tag added?

rk

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I'm amazed at the replies here. As has been said before, running a site of this size with so many members costs REAL MONEY. To compare it to what it costs to run your own personal site is naive and unrealistic.

I will gladly become a lifetime subscriber, even if it wasn't for all the mentioned perks. $250? I've thrown at least that much away on stupid shit I didn't even use when building cabinets and stuff. I'm not rich either, I work part time, I am in college, and have a good amount of free time.

This site is an amazing resource, and if someone were to come here and take the time to read and absorb information here, they could be growing the best weed they've ever seen in months time.

Just think of how much money you save by learning to grow your own bud here. I can't get much around here besides $20 a gram headies, and that is expensive! For the price of buying a half oz, I can build a cabinet that can produce any kind of headies I want! I will gladly send my money in support of this site, and continue to learn from other people's experiences and share my own in the hopes of helping others.

personally I won't be able to pay that much for a subscription, but I can see what a nightmare it would be dealing with hundreds of $10 donations.

digitalhippy: don't send it express, just send it regular mail. it only costs you a couple of dollars and sometimes gets there just as fast.

gypsy: have you considered having a massive cleanup of the site? there's a lot of old threads around with good info in them, but many others with nothing important in them and there must be thousands of abandoned accounts without anyone using them. no use in paying for it all.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
Kenny Lingus said:
In regards to payment tags it should be just fine with subscriber. It'll stay forever or how long you sign up for... Why make it harder by differing and glorify any of it?
personaly, ive got no beef, alot of people are mentioning it though, i dont mind having the same tag as people who dont pay as much, but if there is different classes it might be worth representing them.

truthfuly gypsy had it right when he said 'for 3 months' or however long, because then the tag would go away...

sorry about your paypal problems gypsy, i just hate fedex/ups/dhl etc.
its enough to make me think 3 or 4 times about doing somthing, shit ive got this motherboard sitting here from 3 months i still havent taken to fedex.

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
I'm in for donating money, seeds, love this place!!! IC Mag is like my neighborhood bar, and if it cost a few bucks to keep the lights on I say "fuck yeah". I'm sure if you ran a pole you would see that most of the membership would support this.

B/R

G

BR, I'm sure the poll would be overwhelming in favor of this. Now-how many follow through?

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
its sad gypsey has to ask for help, i've been here long enough to know he means bisiness, but i wish sbay had more customers like zoolander, myself, and others. its always the disperportionate few who have to step-up and do the bulk of the giving, there are great people here and the comunity in general is on the positive side. in general its worth paying a "few bucks" for...

dkmonk

Gypsy Nirvana said:
Man.....if you could feel the trouble I have had with CC's......fraud (mostly from Brazil and Romania but plenty of other places).....charge-backs.......trying to figure out whats valid and whats not.....it's a head-ache I would rather not have....a catalogue of disasters....

Couldn't you just make whoever donates wait until it is cleared and such I understand the frustration of this, but i think you would gain more than you would lose by putting a pay pal or what have you that i could give money to my friends or family to use their cc and do it in seconds.

Also i think there should be different tags like a general one in case people just want to donat a dollar, atleast they would be doing what they can to help out and i believe that deserves credit.

Gypsy you have a very good idea it just needs a little polishing and i hope you take some of what we say into consideration, i just joined but i have a lot of faith in this web site enough were im only going to ask for the 250 for bday to support this site or might just pay it out of my own pocket when i start getting graduation money.

B

Bubble Puppy

Ill be listed as a donater here .

Icmag
Seedbay
seedbou

Are all separate entities,but i look at it like Seedbay and seedbou are cows ,and Icmag is the truck that takes the milk to the market .This site has ,to generate massive sales on seedbay .So although separate ,there both pretty much joined at the hip ,what other outlets ,are people sent to buy seeds from ,from icmag?

Anyhow im hot complaining ,ill be donating alot of seeds here shortly .After i iron out the delivery processes.

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
$250 a lifetime is way less than I'm willing to pay. It's a great idea. It wouldn't surprise me if he still runs in the red over a lifetime. The message board that is. As for the cost. I read somewhere he posted 2500 a month. He's got tons of space taken up by 5-6 and sometimes 10 pictures on a single post x who knows 1000's.

As soon as I got it, I'll send it. I'm still being run through the machine.

Please don;t emove thread for a few months or send me a PM with the mailing address.

Have a great day!

G

gdawg

no problems here Gypsy, nothin but thanks and good vibes. the seed donating sounds great too.

Ming

DIGITALHIPPY said:
its sad gypsey has to ask for help, i've been here long enough to know he means bisiness, but i wish sbay had more customers like zoolander, myself, and others. its always the disperportionate few who have to step-up and do the bulk of the giving, there are great people here and the comunity in general is on the positive side. in general its worth paying a "few bucks" for...

Who are you to authorize yourself as a martyr for "sbay". First of all- the need of funds are being requested for ICMAG. Just a few pages back, you were complaining about the $250 lifetime membership asking to deduct a fedex fee. This topic has been in discussion for several days in the tokers den with many people that had no gripe with any amount that it took to keep this forum going. Myself excluded. Most of those people have much greater history and roots with this community than you or I will ever know. It would do you good to show some humility before addressing the entire community as the savior especially when you request compromises for something that is voluntary.

pHaroaH

When Gypsy first posted about ways to help pay for this site I knew he had to be paying thousands a month for bandwidth. With all the grow pictures, he has to be using thousands of GBs a month in bandwidth. Do a little research and see for yourself what a hosting site charges for that kind of bandwidth.

How could anyone expect Gypsy to pay for that? It's like expecting the local sports shop to pay for a sports complex because some of the people buy sporting goods from the shop to use there.

I don't understand why some people are griping. What are they going to lose by not becoming a member that they already have now? Nothing. What will they lose if Gypsy can't get enough member support?

The worst posts should be, "Thanks for all you have done Gypsy. I can't help right now but when I can afford it, I will be glad to help." It sure would make it easier for me to pull the plug with all the ingrates posting. Anyone who becomes a member deserves a big thanks because they are keeping this place alive for all of us.

One last thing... because of this site I have learned invaluable information and gotten safe access to quality genetics which has saved me more money then I'll likely ever know. I am also safer since I no longer have to put myself at risk with dealers. What kind of value do you put on that?

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would like to say whether you can afford to donate or not, it's a great thing to see the loyalty and support of all these members coming together. Im betting it's one of the biggest reasons Gypsy pays to keep it all going.

I can live good for four grand a month. I give him credit. With all the slander, libel, threats and abuse Gypsy and DG take, it would be real easy to say the hell with all of it and pull the plug. For that alone I respect and salute them.

full time daddy
Veteran
245 members and 350 guests

.................................................... close the guest door gain 50%+

charge members $5 a yr * 35,000 = 175,000 no kid's or trolls priceless

if guest have to reg i bet 35,000 turn into 50,000 :jump:

Last edited:

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sammet said:
Please don't get this thread locked, it's pretty important. Argue elsewhere.

The man (Gypsy) simply said pay or pass your choice if ya pay you get extra if not so be it YOUR CHOICE.

Once AGAIN KIDS:

To argue on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics,even if ya get the Gold your still retarded.

I'm sure it cost a hell of a lot of money to run this site thats a given,but wth is with all the hate when all he did was ASK?

I'm sorry guy's but I don't get it.

So if you wish to help ICMAGAZINE.COM.....the best way to do it right now is to subscribe.......Subscription is completely voluntary and hopefully I can find enough of you willing to help out to make a sizable dent in the costs of keeping the site up and running and here for all to use.

Do I not read this correctly? Sounds like to me Gypsy threw a plate down on the floor and is asking for some change if ya got it if not no problem enjoy the site anyway.

Boxy Brown said:
1. I already knew how to grow good bud before this site was even created, I just came here to teach and help out others.

2. I have never traded anything here, and probably never will

3. 95% of my posts pertain to growing, and all but one of my threads are about growing.

Im not trying to start an argument with you mrwags (I hate arguments) but rather just answering your questions :smile:

I sent Boxy some Mod karma for this post because he speaks of what this site is a place to hang out and help and share not Fight or bicker especially on the freakin internet.

Pay or Pass the Man said no more no less.

Please Make A Note Of It!

Mr.Wags

Status
Not open for further replies.