What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

immune to ingested cannabis?

Swamp Thang

Veteran
I tried different kinds of cookies and cakes and never felt anything. The last time I actually kinda felt narcoleptic, but no high or stone, I just went to bed.

Same here. I have so far made two batches of canna coconut oil, taking care to decarb the bud in the oven for 20 minutes at 180 degrees, before pouring it into the croc pot for a nice long 8-hour simmer in the coconut oil, with water added to absorb all the chlorophyll and bad taste, and keep it from getting too hot.

I have only ever gotten sleepy from the resultant oil I produce, even though I QUADRUPLED the amount of buds used in my second batch, such that the resultant canna oil is a beautiful lime green color. I so wish I could catch a decent buzz from ingesting oil in cookies and other edibles, but sleepiness is the only effect I have observed thus far, even though I am using some quite decent sativa buds that get me good and high if smoked in the usual manner.

The minute I saw the guides for canna oil production posted in this forum, I knew that ingesting THC in foods is the next evolutionary step up from smoking weed, since all the health detriments of breathing in smoke are bypassed by going the edibles way.

Not being able to get a noticeable buzz from eating food made with extracts from weed disappointing for sure, but I also noticed a side-effect of eating canna oil by the teaspoon or in cookies, that I want to run by y'all to see if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

What I noticed is that within a half-hour of eating canna edibles, I get a (mild) dull pain on both sides of my lower abdomen, right about where the kidneys and liver are located, and that pain stays with me until a day or so after I stop eating the edibles. I understand from this forum that THC is processed by the liver when edibles are consumed, and that got me wondering if the liver is any way taxed by that function of metabolizing THC, such that a dull pain would be felt after the consumption of canna edibles, by SOME unlucky people.

Any thoughts on my musings here would be much appreciated. I sure would like to say farewell to the smoking of weed, by moving on to the much more stealthy realm of eating cookies and such to get high, but my efforts to create canna oil and edibles that do the job have so far failed, though not for lack of trying to get it right.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Had my wife's friend tell me edibles never effected her..

Had my wife's friend tell me edibles never effected her..

Then she ate one of my brownies...

We were in the Spa when it started to hit her. I told her husband to watch her.

My extracts will kick your ass. A lot of people are making mistakes.

Never cook THC at a temperature higher than 350 F !

It vaporizes the THC :tiphat:

I ate a half a cookie Friday night and I could still feel it Saturday.

I feel sorry for those who are immune, but I wonder if it's not the edibles themselves.

I use an ounce of Dank OG at 15% THC or higher per pound of butter/oil.

Good Luck :ying:

bobblehead

Veteran
Suggesting that cannabis ingested with food doesn't get you high would lead me to believe that there is a problem with the preparation. Whether you get the cannabinoids in you by inhaling or eating doesn't matter, they work on the same receptors once in your body.

So you're not doing it right.

Edit: for those who would like to argue with me... If your lipid metabolism was impaired, you would have greater health issues than not getting high eating cannabis. In effect, claims to being immune to cannabis ingested with food are effectively debunked. You're welcome.

Latest posts

Latest posts