What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Venomberry from Dutch Flowers

G

Does anybody remember about a year ago Dutch flowers had some beans that sold for something like $1200.00us for 10 called "Venomberry"?

I have never seen F2's or anything but I don't go on c-bay only seedbay as far as auction sites.

I wonder if it was up to the hype?

What about Dutch Flowers in general, Ghaze, Sugar Klingon, venomberry, hell that's about all I know. It seems like they are some mysterious cats.

Oh, back to Venomberry, if anybody knows were some might be acquired or any info. I'll check strainguide now.

Thanks in advance

Tex

tragic1

Hey TK. I have been wondering the same thing. All that hype and nobody ever mentions them again. I have looked around and nobody seems to know much about the venom.

G

GHaze I got some

GHaze I got some

Texas, I got some of the GHaze F2's in the Frig. Had them for awhile and got them as a gift from a friend over at CW. Seen the pictures of the grow from them and they are Pink and full of resin. Don't know anything about the others. I'll talk to you more about it later if you like.
Later

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
when u say GHaze, do u mean Gian haze?? heard this was sposed to be sum nice smoke, but hard to grow right. is it the same 1??

G

I think its the G13 x Haze. Could be wrong, but i'll find more out more and post the info. I haven't grown any out yet, been sitting in my seed contain in the Frig.

G

Ghaze

Ghaze

Ghaze

This hybrid is 75% G13 clone. The first such offering ever yet retains its Ghaze denomination because pollen was sourced from two special recombinant Ghaze inbred lines, rather than using a plain F1 male. This detour from standard backcrossing techniques allowed for more precise trait selection to be conveyed back to the G13 clone, thus raising the ante in power, resin, yield and taste.

In blind tests with experienced smokers, Ghaze Bx1 was chosen over plain G13 for raw power, high complexity, duration and intriguing acrid, greasy lemony taste. Ghaze Bx1 buds are abundant and quite dense considering the sativa leanings of the G13 phenotype, with a uniform cover of milky trichomes and brick red pistils. Its characteristic smell is pungently acrid like industrial oil or paint, although gently squeezing the bud will reveal lemony and rotten grape notes. Smooth smoke, with a hashy taste one tester described as "citrus-flavored motor grease wrapped in cellophane".

The mother of this cross has less Indica traits than other alleged G-13 clones (slender leaves in a taller plant, less odoriferous and longer flowering), and judging from the instability revealed when inbreeding its offspring, the clone is itself a hybrid. G-13 myth and speculation aside, it is extremely potent and hard-hitting, surprisingly so for an otherwise low-profile plant.

The high is overpowering and its effect sudden: it paralyzes the mind sending it out on an amnesic, trippy whirlwind that lasts for 4+ hours. Some very experienced indica-lovers have refused to smoke G-13 a second time, after being unable to recall behaviour or words uttered while under its effects.

On the other end of the spectrum, the Über Candy Haze was selected as a pollen source to contribute its acid-like quality and create a powerhouse. Our G13 clone met the best male out of many Candy Haze seedlings, selection criteria being short internodal length and early, profuse flowering traits to contribute its acid-like power for an explosive hybrid.

With over 75% G-13 genetics, Ghaze Bx1 brings together in a seedline two of the most powerful strains we have grown, a genetic goldmine representing opposite ends of the cannabis spectrum. We encourage experienced growers to look into this Ghaze, a clash of the titans resulting in a most powerful and complex high.

Specifications: ~ Flower: 60 - 70 days ~ Yield: 400 - 450 grams/m² ~ Type: Mostly Indica ~ (10 seeds)

Last edited:
G

Mighty Haze Candy

Mighty Haze Candy

Mighty Haze Candy

Quite a few growers e-mailed us requesting we put "that Mighty Candy" strain back on the auction block, so here it is with updated name. Offer these buds, you'll be the Candy Man.
A persistent wish of sativa lovers has been to grow full-rush sativa buds on an Indica-like plant, taking advantage of its early flowering convenience and tight crystally buds characteristics. To this end, we have tried several Indica-dominant plants as mothers for the outstanding Über Candy Haze, and have grown the resulting F1s to completion in order to find the best combination. The MCW x Über Candy Haze was the clear winner: it allowed for a dramatic reduction of flowering time (down to just 40 - 44 days on some individuals) while at the same time keeping the wonderful sativa head rush of the Über Candy Haze intact.

Our MCW's clone (Mighty Chemo Widow, an NCGA's vintage original) cross did an extremely good job, as it was able to fully convey its very quick flowering time and tight crystal structure. The average MCW x Über Candy Haze female takes 48 days to finish, matching the quickness of the better Indica dominant plants, but it produces buds that are full-blown sativa in its effect, with almost no body or physical effects at all. The resulting flowers have taken after the Über Candy Haze in their aroma and taste, a candy sweet, exotic "tutti frutti" scent with a contrasting sour & spicy background. Very smooth in the throat and lungs, even deceptively so, since the Über Candy Haze high takes a few minutes to kick in full swing.

We heartily recommend this plant for commercial growers seeking to produce buds with that roller-coaster, trippy effect of the best sativas in a medium-short plant, with very early flowering traits (about 25% of the females will be an extreme early flowerer at 40 - 44 days). Lovely tight buds with orange hairs, totally covered in resin, borne generously (the plant is quite branchy and thus productive) on a well-behaved, nice-looking plant. Very low odour when growing, does not present security issues on that front.

Very early flowerer, takes from 48 to 52 days to finish for buds which pistils are 60% brown. About 1 in 4 females will be extremely fast, finishing after only 40 to 44 days in flower (these females tend to be the better yielders too). Obvious commercial potential -allows growers to churn out Hazy buds real fast.

Indica-like phenotype, very easy to work with, with a final height of around 3 feet when flowered at 12 inches or less, pretty stealthy plant in that it does not reek or stink. Willing cloner, roots readily, above-average feeder.

Very tight buds with a solid coating of white crystal are liberally borne on a plant that tends to branch naturally (we recommend pruning to 4 branches for heavy yield). Excellent visual appeal, buds sport an intense krypto-green colour and are nicely aromatic.

Excellent yielder of trippy, head rush buds, quite suitable for screen of green type of grows. Does extremely well in bubblers (recommended!). The better phenotype (tight-noded, shorter plants) tend to be the better yielders and also the most powerful (unlike many Hazy strains, where real potency is found in the stretchy, tall phenotypes).

Very smooth, non-coughing smoke, with an extremely tantalizing candy-sweet "tutti frutti" exotic taste, with a trace of a spicy-sour incense smell. Smokers liken the smell and taste to sweet tropical Kool-Aid, and some females are really close to Wrigley's Juicy Fruit bubblegum. Definitely recommended for those who appreciate good taste.

Über Candy Haze full racy head effect, near no body stone at all (some individuals hint a little body stone). Long lasting trippy UP high, fades away without crushing, simply lands the user in a clear, lucid state, no munchies or body aches.

Specifications: ~ (10 seeds)

Last edited:
G

Sugar Klingon

Sugar Klingon

Sugar Klingon

Royal ancestors on this hybrid: Bubblegum clone, original Sagarmatha's Blueberry and Aloha 98 Widow background for the Klingonberry; Fig Skunk, Aloha 98 Widow and Cinderella 99 on the Fig Widow Queen side. We applied a sativa bias in our parent selection to breed out unwanted "blue" genetic traits, and the results were sugar-berry potently euphoric. The Klingonberry name? A Swedish tester thought of Lingonberry jam at first toke (fruity & buttery), and a Trekkie familiar with the Romulan strain came up with "Klingonberry."
Our aim was to breed out the undesirable traits of the "blue" genetics (difficult to grow, brittle, too many leaves, poor calyx to leaf ratio, tale-tell stink, boring low power stone) while maintaining the hashy berry flavor and clear high of the very best Blueberries and Bubblegums. The addition of the Fig Widow Queen has contributed extra power and superb bud structure, its crystal content reinforced by the cubed Aloha 98 Widow (pollen source for both NCGA's Blue Widow and Mota's Fig Widow).

The Sugar Klingon is the result of painstakingly heavy selection out of dozens of potential Klingon mothers. It's built for quality of high, ease of growth and yield. The reliable Midas touch of the Fig Widow Queen pollen source has made Klingon progeny an outstanding, all-around plant very well suited to commercial operations seeking to cater to the "connoisseur" market.

Phenotype: Its sheer vigor makes this plant extremely easy to grow, taking care of itself under a variety of conditions, reacting equally well to both high and low nutrient situations. Very well suited for screen of green setups. Small, medium width glossy green leaves are borne sparsely, concentrating all energy in producing thick colas that are silver with resin, allowing for an extremely high calyx to leaf ratio that makes manicure almost unnecessary. The Sugar Klingon is an elegant Christmas tree shaped plant complete with snow covering, a very grower friendly phenotype that markedly contrasts with the brittle, finicky traits of most "berry" strains. Low odour when growing, too.

Buds: Bud formation is outstanding, picking up volume and speed in the last two weeks of flowering, with surprisingly thick resin-encrusted pistils that cure to a dark golden colour. Dense, near solid buds are completely covered in shiny resin. Even the fan leaves have big portions of its surface covered with crystals, excellent material for bubble hash. Top notch cosmetic appeal: very frosty, hard nuggets, with elegant thick golden pistils and berry aroma.

Yield: The Klingon mother was the result of very heavy selection, and yield was the deciding factor. Commercial growers can expect to yield an average of 2 oz per square foot (about 1 oz per gallon of soil). This high yielding ability is a direct result of its impressive calyx to leaf ratio, buds form solid colas of exceptional girth that are silver with resin (another difference with the average "blue" strain, that tends to be very leafy and brittle). An excellent choice for screen of green.

Taste & Smell: The Sugar Klingon is a favorite for taste, with a buttery, sweet hashy berry flavor that has nice expansion in the lungs. Undescribable berry-fruity taste, always smooth and creamy. A lip-smacking mellow smoke, a consistent crowd pleaser.

High: Very potent, extremely euphoric high, conducive to partying and socializing. A strong, clear up, always very active high that lasts for a good 4+ hours, with very nice visuals and serious zoning. Full motivation, never mentally debilitating. It is very cerebral, no paranoia or couch lock, exhilarating, funny giggling, perma-smile type of effect. Easy letdown, no hang over. Remarkably, very experienced smokers report their bodies build no tolerance for Klingon buds: it's not just very potent, but it's reliably potent over long term use. Will come out as the all-around winner, even against the most prominent "heavy hitters".

Specifications: ~ (10 seeds)

G

Metal Haze

Metal Haze

Metal Haze

Experienced smokers know nothing comes close to the potency of a true Haze. Growers also know this, but long flowering periods, unruly phenotypes, and the infamous 1-in-5-crapshoot chance of finding a special female have held many back. Breeding an indoor-friendly Haze strain that consistently delivers superior potency has been the very focus of DF breeding efforts since its inception. To that end, the team has collected and grown enough clones and crosses to setup a small Haze museum. Synthesizing our best Haze genetics into one line posed a considerable challenge. In early trials, proven clones passed down their potency genes on to the next generations using an unacceptable, unpredictable domino pattern. To develop a superior seed line, males were tested the hard way, growing out their offspring to recognize the best possible pollen source. Winning donors pollinated our choicest females, and their offspring was then heavily selected at the second generation. Recombinant individuals displaying the desired potency, phenotype, flowering and yield traits were identified and inbred into separate lines. Three years after the project begun, the resulting lines were finally blended, giving rise to our Metal Haze, a hybrid that received high praise from skeptic industry testers. Named after the metal-lit room that keeps our Haze clone collection alive, Metal Haze displays the brain-warping quality that fueled the legend. It is a modern, trippy cerebral sativa, with classic psychoactive soar and scant body cues. Connoisseurs report a deadly, creeper with no ceiling, combination of effects. The phenotype is fully suitable for indoor growing, with a branching habit resulting in an abundance of dense, oily, attractive buds. Aromas range from animal sour spice to sweet piney mint, often accompanied by rotten meat undertones. Overindulging the Metal Haze is not recommended for the sativa sensitive or the inexperienced. It is a deceptively smooth smoke that starts out uplifting and super-active -ideal for musicians and creative types- and climbs ever higher in a succession of intense waves, taking perception to uncharted lands. We trust the virtues bred into Metal Haze to earn its place in discriminating gardens, and satisfy demanding sativa aficionados.

Specifications: ~ Flower: 56 - 77 days ~ Yield: 450 - 500 grams/m² ~ Phenotype: Indoor-friendly Indica-sativa ~ Effect: Ultra Strong Sativa ~ (10 seeds)

G

Dutchflowers (no relation to the Dutch coffeeshop!) writes fabulous ad copy,but the grow/smoke reports have been FAR less stellar than promised by the twinkling ad copy.
It seems it's good herb,just nothing extraordinary.

I have GHaze f2s (thanks,RoZ!) but no time as of yet to be bothered....

G

Your right Rez, They have some excellent writers overthere at DF.

If it was half of what they say it would be killer, plus they have created a little mystique around their releases it seems. I don't think I have seen one grow thread here at all.

Seedbay seller, take note of the writing style they use, it almost paints a gooey picture for ya.

Tex

G

DF is top notch.....

DF is top notch.....

........am familiar with ghaze, have smoked it and helped grow it out. really some of the best stuff around. they are a bit stretchy.

indigo blue beans from willy are suspect. seems some unwanted pollen made it into the seed grow.

chocolate trip has had numerous rave reviews on CW.

green napalm is currently up on Cbay, and reports from these have been above average.

IMO DF creates weed that is above avg, if you dont get F1s at auction, you have to depend on the breeders selection for the F2s, which can be a crap shoot.

have most everything from them availible in the last few years. just other stuff takin up my time.

20.00 to 30.00 for F2s IMO is a bargain. and worth pickin up a few packs. then again I collect beans so I usually pic up everything I can. i dont think you can go wrong either way.

lots of breeders are a bit green with envy, as DF does command some serious jack for there F1s. check out CW as seems growers there pretty much get all there offerins.

just another note.......if there weed was inline with what everyone else offers.......do you really think the would pull the prices they do? hell NO.....there gear is the shit, serious growers wouldnt touch it if it wasnt what they say. plain and simple.

CBF