What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis brew

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
I recently got into home brewing which is an awesome hobbie. I like it almost as much as growing herb. Just wondering if anyone had tried, or has come accross some recipes for canna brew?

cheers, Ez

N

Neptune

i brew, and made a successful canna Porter.

Boil trim during the "flavor" hop addition, 1oz trim per gallon wort. boil for last 20 minutes.

Lots of folk do dry hoping, but you WILL get contaminated beer if you do this.

Boil it for 20. 1 oz trim per gallon. probably 5g bud per gallon works too.

Point is to not make it devestating, but enjoyable.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Neptune - So you added it right at the start, straight into the wort, eh :chin: Sounds good.

So what type of effect does it have? Do you get buzzed from say a couple of beers, or? Do you notice a distinct flavour to the brew? Is it nice? I imagine a slight spicy herby flavour would be the result. Tell me more of your results Neptune.

- Ez

N

Neptune

slight spicy herbal flavor, use dark grains to mask it better... I chose a Porter Recipie.

Only boil it for the last 20 minutes of the 60 minute boil.

The effect was for me, too strong. Drink one beer, effects come on slow and build much like edibles would. Slow come up, and long lasting mildly psychedlic indica stone. could not sleep, lots of images flashing under eyelids. I gave it all away, I did not enjoy the potency...I wanted something social and sleep aid like.

I recomend you give it a go, all my friends LOVED it and always beg me to brew a full batch of it. I just can't justify it cuz I make other great beers too. I have won medals in various homebrew competitions.... i don't relly buy much "store bought" brew. I drink a 6 pack a day, and it's all homebrew!!! :)

peace

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Neptune - maybe 1 oz per gallon trim is a bit much by the sound of it. I wouldnt want it to be devastating either. Did you use less hops in the porter? I was thinking of trying it in an ale, but I dont think I want to do a full batch of it. Might have to find a way to do a small batch. I am only just starting to brew, so I think I will stick to extract for a while first. I dont have the equipment to do AG, but I would love to some day. How do you think I could best do it using extract?

cheers, Ez

G

- ezra - said:
Neptune - maybe 1 oz per gallon trim is a bit much by the sound of it. I wouldnt want it to be devastating either. Did you use less hops in the porter? I was thinking of trying it in an ale, but I dont think I want to do a full batch of it. Might have to find a way to do a small batch. I am only just starting to brew, so I think I will stick to extract for a while first. I dont have the equipment to do AG, but I would love to some day. How do you think I could best do it using extract?

cheers, Ez

Here's a little fact about hops in relation to marijuana that most people don't know. Both plants are in the plant family "cannabaceae." Hops have natural sedative effects, and if you happen to ever get fresh hops. they have little resinous glands similar to trichomes on marijuana that contain the sedative effects of hops. Now, with that said. Why couldnt you just find a low acidity strain of hops (for preservation and flavor... maybe like Amarillo hops) and throw in some piney (not fruity) flavored buds in the wort? Here's the wiki article on the cannabaceae family: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabaceae

Another interesting thing that you might want to try is adding 1 tbsp of wormwood (artimesia absinthium) in a porter. It makes it taste a bit closer to black coffee :)

I say that we try to get a sticky article testing out different variations of brewing with bud. Maybe even a Wiki page. P.M. me if you're interested in experimenting and sharing recipes about brewing with ganja.

Also, go check out www.freebeer.org

Latest posts

Latest posts