What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Saurkraut in the soil ?!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
The best way to go about it would be to take some of the crout juice dilute it heavily and then aerate it to get the good lacto bacterias to start multiplying. Then u could water it in to boost the micro life in your soil. People use raw milk in soil and it works in a similar fashion. Straight crout juice is going to be way too acidic and salty.

Or rince white rice and keep the water and let it sit for a few days. Experimenting when you know the answer is playing with fire.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
You'd be better off just to throw raw cabbage into your compost.

The cabbage that has been made into sauerkraut should just be eaten and the leftovers just thrown in the garbage..
As many have posted here, the salt and vinegar aren't gonna do your garden any good..

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Hmm.. maybe iv been wrong about the ph in the soil after all and perhaps its not that important ? Should i be more focused on the waters/feeding(1/10urine/water) ph cause when i think about it my ph meter is not all that great and i dont think it works to stick it down the soil to get an actual reading due to it being to dry ?
I have one of them and strictly use it as a moisture meter as, the other 2 functions are totally useless and inaccurate. Although I use it as a moisture meter, I go by pot weight. The reading is a ref only :tiphat:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
You'd be better off just to throw raw cabbage into your compost.

The cabbage that has been made into sauerkraut should just be eaten and the leftovers just thrown in the garbage..
As many have posted here, the salt and vinegar aren't gonna do your garden any good..
my thoughts exactly :)

H

hard rain

I said it in the previous page but will say it again. I am getting amazing results using bokashi. Fermented food scraps. Just amazing.