What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heavy Metals in Plant Fertilizers - State of WA Index

Kimura

found this website recently while trying to learn about Bud Factor X being pulled from the shelves in the US, and thought it was some very good information!!! i looked through a ton of nutrient companies and products and it's amazing to see what companies have such high levels of heavy metals in them... (im lookin at YOU roots "organic")

figured i'd post this here in case anyone else feels like doing what i did; go through and see what i'm using and what levels of heavy metals are in my products, then re-design my nutrient lineup without those fuckin metals!!! no more bud candy for me, i switched to GH floranectar FruitnFusion - not for the fruit flavor, but for the fact its the only one without any heavy metals in it!!! (maybe just selenium...)

https://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/Supply1.aspx?action=ViewTable&ltr=A

BongFu

found this website recently while trying to learn about Bud Factor X being pulled from the shelves in the US, and thought it was some very good information!!! i looked through a ton of nutrient companies and products and it's amazing to see what companies have such high levels of heavy metals in them... (im lookin at YOU roots "organic")

figured i'd post this here in case anyone else feels like doing what i did; go through and see what i'm using and what levels of heavy metals are in my products, then re-design my nutrient lineup without those fuckin metals!!! no more bud candy for me, i switched to GH floranectar FruitnFusion - not for the fruit flavor, but for the fact its the only one without any heavy metals in it!!! (maybe just selenium...)

https://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/Supply1.aspx?action=ViewTable&ltr=A

Bud Factor X was pulled because they found 5000 ppm (5 grams) of salicylic acid in it. It needs to be registered with the EPA (pesticide) so it was found to be non compliant. There is a thread on IC Mag about it and other products found to be containing salicylic acid.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Organic doesn't mean safer. Just look at the content of different metals in Azomite or various sea salts.

Latest posts

Latest posts