What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

J. Chicago's Garden

JohnnyChicago

Hey all, this my little journal to share my findings and those I will to do in the future I hope. Actually I have no access to elite cuts, that's why I only grow from seed and do pheno hunting. Have been lucky enough the last years to find few interesting plants. I am more into old school genetics, but also like the modern offerings.

Love to keep my seed plants small in order to grow and test as much as possible. Long flowering sativas, I usually flower the clones.
Using 315w cmh 3000k/4200k and 600w hps for flowering. Veg I do under leds.

Did my first real grow in 1994. Here the proof I have found at my fathers home few month ago. The first fert I ever bought... And still some left in the bottle. I usually try to go low on nutes.

picture.php

JohnnyChicago

On the list this year:
Panama x Original Haze (Pan-o-haze cut)
Ace's Purple Haze x Original Haze
Animal Mints (cut)
Atomic NL (Sour cut) & Atomic NL repro I made with the sour cut
Jalisco Ibl
Sour Bubble
Gorilla Bubble BX4
Burmese IBL
Redneck Kush x LMI
LVTK

Always have been looking for incense Hazes and found it finally in my own Panama x O. Haze cross. This my favourite plant and smoke, that's why I'm beginning with her:

Pan-o-Haze veg
picture.php
picture.php

almost 2 weeks after 12/12 switch
picture.php

day 18
picture.php

JohnnyChicago

Thanks. The Haze male had been selected and I progeny tested more males, but the pink Panama was just luck.

These here are 4 Jalisco ibl and 3 Purple Haze x Original Haze.
picture.php

X

xavier7995

Real nice man, the pics over in the sativa thread are beautiful. Following along.

olday

Veteran
Sorry to dig up the old thread, but can I ask about your tent and tips for growing the hazes? It’s something I’ve been wanting to do but wasn’t sure if I could pull it off indoors.

JohnnyChicago

Sorry to dig up the old thread, but can I ask about your tent and tips for growing the hazes? It’s something I’ve been wanting to do but wasn’t sure if I could pull it off indoors.

I do keep them rootbount in very small pots and transplant them into their final pot when they are at this stage

(Oldtimers Haze x Original Haze)

Doing like that they are easy to grow, if done well they also yield nicely and you can grow many of them.

This was my Pan-o-haze cut from clone, trained in a very small pot, sent into flowering and moved into a 54l grow bag at week 3 of 12/12 I guess.

picture.php

So you can keep them small but also let them grow untamed, just need a bit of experience to find the right timing and the right pot size.

olday

Veteran
I didn’t think of that, thank you. That last pic looks like all the motivation one needs!

Now if we could get the temps out of single digits it may feel more tropical here as well!

Latest posts

Latest posts