What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PTSD

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I believe that Tommy Chong's L A Amnesia definitely helps with PTSD symptoms. I wish I could hand it out to all surviving Vietnam Veterans. It has halted my rageful episodes, helps me sleep sounder and has mellowed my attitude. This is from using for 2 months. I like it very much. So does my boyhood friend who came to see me for New Year's. We got fucked up.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
:yeahthats.. been doin it for 50++ years... and they want me to stop and do pills instead..:moon:

YukonKronic

I have used sativas with very introspective trippy effects to interrupt and distract from memories and emotions that feed the flashback cycle... gotta be careful not to use one that's got heavy paranoia as it can cause even worse disassociation.

Heavy Indica can be useful for insomnia and to relax when your so tense that every thing seems to trigger... I get gnarly muscle spasms and use it to calm them down some.

Any herb seems to help with flashback dreams... doesn't stop them but I don't remember anything about any dreams so there's only all the sweat and a minute of panic when I wake.

I recommend a therapeutic approach as well as medication... it's really easy to start smoking constantly to avoid PTSD and eventually end up too stoned to function all the time or unable to get relief from marijuana any more. You don't want to abuse your medicine so much it stops working. I had enormous success with prolonged exposure therapy, it was unbelievably hard but after years of pain it was worth it. Took about 12 weeks of daily therapy that was HARD to do. But it worked. There ARE solutions to PTSD. Don't let it isolate you. That's the same tactic wolves use before the kill. Get some help to fight..:biggrin:

I get most of my seeds from ACE.

Dog Star

Veteran
Dubi told me before that Tikal and Orient Express are their strains to fight PTSD issues..

YukonKronic

:yeahthats.. been doin it for 50++ years... and they want me to stop and do pills instead..:moon:

I couldn't tolerate any of the six or so meds they tried on me... u may wish to consider stopping herb to try them if you feel that it's not doing it for you anymore. Speculation was that cannabis was interacting with meds to ill effect. I think I just couldn't tolerate their tinkering in my brain with untried tools.

If your lungs are cooked try edibles?
If your sticking with cannabis really try and delineate recreation and medicine.. different strains maybe? A certain mindset or acknowledgement of purpose before smoking? Anything to make sure you feel like your helping yourself and not just "doing drugs" to get high cause fuck it...
Most people won't understand anyway but they aren't the ones dealing with it.

Lol I'm little ripped..., kinda babbling now. Good luck!

YukonKronic

Dubi told me before that Tikal and Orient Express are their strains to fight PTSD issues..

Makes good sense. Both have uplifting sativa effect with little raciness or paranoia and a "feel good" kinda vibe from what I understand.

I personally use Zamaldelica (a selected pheno with little paranoia and a LOT of trippyness) for intense flashback episodes and Golden Tiger for general daytime use or as a backup/alternate for flashbacks.

I have a ZamxGuatemala line I've been working that has an even happier twist to the high which is quite effective and will probably be my go to once I get it where I want it...

PTSD can have intense physical side effects too , I use BubbaKushxPCK as a relaxant and sleep aid. I'm about to run some night Nurse that I expect will be even more effective.

YukonKronic

This makes me wonder if Dubi will find interest in developing a super trippy Zam style plant but with a more reliably kind vibe to it for ptsd patients... I keep wondering how to smooth out the "doom" without losing the intensity that is really the crux of why Zam distracts from flashback memories.

Guatemalan helped... it's even a little more trippy but with a cartoon goofy vibe replacing the Doom..

Dog Star

Veteran
PTSD can have intense physical side effects too , I use BubbaKushxPCK as a relaxant and sleep aid. I'm about to run some night Nurse that I expect will be even more effective.

Tell me about it.. right on Christmass i haved a attack of Fibromyalgia for first time in mine life,all mine muscles start to constrict in very hard and harsh way till i was taking a hot bath... wife saved me from drowning in 30-40 cm of water in last moment cause mine jaw muscles also got locked and i could not even scream for help.. scary shit and it was last for good 30 minutes..

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
It's interesting how pot affects different people. It's the difference between being able to sleep and facing days of insomnia for me. It gives my girl panic attacks though.

JetLife175

Veteran
Veteran myself. diagnosed PTSD over a decade ago. This is what works for me.

OG. Particularly Josh D , HA, BTY, and Face Off.

Sours and chems.

Drew others but most are variations of hybrid of the ones I mentioned.

Pretty much anything potent enough to have a quick onset of effects.

YukonKronic

Tell me about it.. right on Christmass i haved a attack of Fibromyalgia for first time in mine life,all mine muscles start to constrict in very hard and harsh way till i was taking a hot bath... wife saved me from drowning in 30-40 cm of water in last moment cause mine jaw muscles also got locked and i could not even scream for help.. scary shit and it was last for good 30 minutes..

Your not alone! I don’t have fibromyalgia but I have intense trauma reaction that causes me to convulse and seize up... I smashed my head on a toilet once doing circles on the bathroom floor.

Nothing quite describes imprisonment within your own body.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Luckily after decades of Alcohol, LSD, downs (all kinds), ups (all kinds/meth) and who knows what strains of reefer, I can say I'm lucky inasmuch as I'm a happy drunk,druggie, etc., camper on any of that but without them (only weed and a couple beers here and there now and then) I'm a PITA.. Ask my wife (2nd one):biggrin:.

I've recently recieved my MMJ card. Went out and bought few hundred $$s worth of oil and extract.. good for out and about but budz in the vape is still better. Maybe try vaping the oils? They are differnt.. at least to me.

dopebeaard907

PTSD is a bitch man for sure but weed does help and growing it helps too. That's where I conduct my "church" and therapy. Don't forget about music too, find the shit that speaks to you. Strains all have different effect especially on the way of your thinking. Stay with the ones that work with your endocannabinoid system.