What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bonnie Raitt

Gry

Happy Birthday Bonnie.

Bonnie Raitt/Quotes
Religion is for people who are scared to go to hell. Spirituality is for people who have already been there.

I think my fans will follow me into our combined old age. Real musicians and real fans stay together for a long, long time.

I've watched my peers get better with age and hoped that would happen with me.

ronbo51

Veteran
A true pioneer who mastered the guitar and delivered some sweet soulful Americana when most chicks were just front singers and the boys played the hot licks. I saw her and David Bromberg get off the helicopter together at Stompin 76 in Galax Virginia in front of 250,000. She did a tour that same year with John Prine and I saw them in DC. I bet there was some booze drunk on that tour.

bigAl25

Veteran
Happy birthday Bonnie, We have seen you perform live in Indy and I still love to play your music at home. I only wish I could play guitar as well as you do, you rock.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of my favorite performers, having seen her in concert 6-8 times! Thank god, Gry, it was celebrating her birthday instead of the other....departing this world.