What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jackass destroyer SCROG 600W COB

unnamedmike

mutant leaf
picture.php

still waiting for coco coir,

picture.php

G

Great work. Will see some differences when they get into a bigger home.
What type of veg watering system are you considering

unnamedmike

Great work. Will see some differences when they get into a bigger home.
What type of veg watering system are you considering

Thanks dots:tiphat: I have not finished the design of the irrigation system yet, I depend a lot on the materials I can get. But more or less I want a loop of pvc pipe in the perimeter of the tray, and in that loop about 60 adjustable drippers. The nutrient solution would come filtered from particles to the loop, and the loop itself would maintain constant pressure throughout the pipeline.
I'm looking for a way to make plug & play drippers, if I grow 12 plants I do not want 48 microtubes bothering.
I also need the choice of material from the pipe and its glue, to avoid toxic

something like this:
picture.php

looks very healthy
Thanks mars hydro :tiphat:

Last edited:

unnamedmike

Yesterday finally the cococoir arrive. So far the best quality I have bought, 25kg of pressed straw / powder / granule. Hydrating it observe grateful that it is almost clean, almost nothing salty and ph 6.5.

The plants are in mixed newcococoir + old. nutrient solution: 1.2ec, pH 5.5 + fresh aloe vera + fresh green coconut water and aerated tea from worm compost 16h.

I think flip to 12/12 tonight, they will have a long pre-bloom where I hope they produce root instead of continuing to grow monstrously

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

Hi Mike
In how much coco are they? And how many weeks old are they?
I had the thought to use destroyer in f1 hybrid, which you have almost done here. What do you think of the effects of destroyer?
Ive never had good results in coco flipping to 12/12 straight after transplant, they don't produce good roots. I think at least 2 weeks is better. Height and size is an issue, but I'd prefer to deal with that then underperforming plants. Thats me though and your experience may be different. Also, I see some perlite in there which will aid aeration.
Re; the drippers/sprayers, you can get ones with little tap/valve that you can turn off/restrict flow (if thats what you mean).

unnamedmike

Hey Dots, they are in 1.5gl of cococoir. 33 days ago I put them in partycups.
The effects of my Destroyer cut are my favorite, it's my day time medicine. Clean, clear, long-lasting, it helps me with ptsd problems, the only bad thing I see is that she kills my appetite. this cut was the one choosen from 7 females, each one great for something, but some indomitable in my modest setup, I was left with the most suitable to my setup, with more space I would still have the 7 xD

I also prefer to give time to develop a good root system before flip to 12/12, but they are many plants. I calculate 20 females + - enough (I think) to fill the canopy (I think ...)
The perlite in cococoir is part of the previous substrate (cococoir, perlite, biochar, composted root mass) is 40l of used substrate and 250l of new cococoir.

At first I thought to use variable or self-compensating drippers, now I doubt, I do not know whether to use drippers, stakes or spray. I want to remove the microtube with dropper from the pressure loop, when I do not use it, just for a "clean" look.

G

Hey Dots, they are in 1.5gl of cococoir. 33 days ago I put them in partycups.
The effects of my Destroyer cut are my favorite, it's my day time medicine. Clean, clear, long-lasting, it helps me with ptsd problems, the only bad thing I see is that she kills my appetite. this cut was the one choosen from 7 females, each one great for something, but some indomitable in my modest setup, I was left with the most suitable to my setup, with more space I would still have the 7 xD

I also prefer to give time to develop a good root system before flip to 12/12, but they are many plants. I calculate 20 females + - enough (I think) to fill the canopy (I think ...)
The perlite in cococoir is part of the previous substrate (cococoir, perlite, biochar, composted root mass) is 40l of used substrate and 250l of new cococoir.

At first, I thought to use variable or self-compensating drippers, now I doubt, I do not know whether to use drippers, stakes or spray. I want to remove the microtube with dropper from the pressure loop, when I do not use it, just for a "clean" look.
Ya, little rubber plugs maybe. Cone-shaped would be good, not sure whether you could find them.
I may forgo lines altogether and drill holes on the underside of the PVC and feed directly. The plants closest to the pump will get more water as there is nothing to regulate the flow but the amount should be negligible to worry about. I plan to always flower the same amount, but if I am missing a plant can put a container in place to catch the solution and add it back to the res later.

The Destroyer sounds high quality, thank you for the description.

unnamedmike

Ya, little rubber plugs maybe. Cone-shaped would be good, not sure whether you could find them.
I may forgo lines altogether and drill holes on the underside of the PVC and feed directly. The plants closest to the pump will get more water as there is nothing to regulate the flow but the amount should be negligible to worry about. I plan to always flower the same amount, but if I am missing a plant can put a container in place to catch the solution and add it back to the res later.

The Destroyer sounds high quality, thank you for the description.
Self compensated drippers + PVC can help you regulating flow, my last automated watering system fail in that. What destroyer cross are you planning ? i cross with monkey for a good day time, both are great day time meds, but different strains.

A rubber plug would be the right thing as you say, I'll look for something similar to the one in the photo.

picture.php

picture.php

unnamedmike

3 days from flip

from 37 plants, now are 24 under the light. At the beginning of the growth 4 plants were not healthy and eliminate them. And in these two days to 12/12 have been defined 9 males, the 24 remaining plants I think they are all female. im keeping males while I decide if I want them for something or I eliminate them.
The last 3 irrigations have been twice the EC, coco was not saturated with nutrients yet. I'm glad to get the diagnosis right, the other option I thought was excess salts in the coconut. Raising the ec they have responded very well, returning to develop at their usual speed and recovering color.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

Glad you got it sorted.
Destroyer perhaps a good P1 stock for f1 hybrids. Yours are showing good vigour

unnamedmike

Day 5

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Maybe my impression, but I saw new coco less permeable. Trying to solve it, the last irrigation before lights off was 20l of SN + 5 large leafs of liquefied aloe vera. The plants have dawned healthy, visibly more developed than yesterday and the substrate seems more "dense" and easy to keep water / nutrients.
Share a copy / paste about aloe vera.

amino acids:

• Isoleucine
  • Leucine
  • Lysine
  • Methionine
  • Phenylalanine
  • Threonine
  • Valin

• Alanine
  • Arginine
  • Asparagine
  • Cysteine
  • Glutamic acid
  • Glycine
  • Histidine
  • Proline
  • Serin
  • Tyrosine
  • Glutamine
  • Aspartic acid
2. Anthraquinone

• Aloe emodin
  • Aloetic acid
  • Aloin
  • Antracin
  • Antranol
  • Barbaloin
  • Chrysophanic acid
  • Emodin
  • Ethereal oil
  • Cinnamonic acid ester
  • Isobarbaloin
  • Resistannol
3. Enzymes

• Aliiase
  • Alkaline phosphatase
  • Amylase
  • Carboxypeptidase
  • Catalase
  • Cellulase
  • Lipase
  • Peroxidase

4. Hormones

• Auxin
  • Gibberellin

5. Lignins
6. Salicylic acid
7. Saponins
8. Sterols

• Cholesterol
  • Campesterol
  • Lupeol
  • Sitosterol
9. Vitamins
  • Vitamin A (Beta-Carotene)
  • Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
  • Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
  • Vitamin B3 (Niacin)
  • Vitamin B5
  • Vitamin B6 (Pyridoksin)
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Vitamin E
  • Kolin
  • Folate
10. Minerals

• Calcium
  • Chrome
  • Copper
  • Iron
  • Magnesium
  • Manganese
  • Potassium
  • Phosphorus
  • Sodium
  • Zinc
11. Sugars
glucose and fructose

Last edited:

unnamedmike

Every morning the first thing I do is watering plants and doing a quick review. With horror today found one of the Monsterization males with symptoms of root rot... as I had nothing planned for those males, they have all gone to recycling. Those males were where I have my mothers and it is not the most ventilated place, now without males and a couple of modifications the air circulates perfectly, I hope it does not go over and become contaminated.
picture.php

Following in the frenzy of recycling plants, a female jackass has also fallen with which she wanted to do s1, but she was contaminated with indeterminate pollen. And a female space monkey#7 with which I wanted to do s1, but it did not revert well. Now im keeping just a STS destroyer to do some s1 and some sm#5*destroyer fem (sm#5 is a perfect day time space monkey pheno)
picture.php

I have found two more monstrous features in Monsterization. tri knots and twin branches
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Jare

Genetics' hunter
Veteran
So sorry for the root rot man, hope the mothers are fine.

Keep the air circulation strong, the bricks that i see in the background seem to absorb a lot of moisture due to porosity. Be careful or try to isolate the plants from the wall in any way.

G

Fabric pots on a damp floor, maybe plastic pots are better for this area., sitting on something like a tile to keep it raised out of the dampness.

Hey man, ive never had a double branch:laughing:

unnamedmike

thank you guys, it seems that it was only that male...

I have left aside the grow "zone", this scare with root rot has convinced me to give them a suitable home as soon as possible.

day 7
They have recovered green color and begin to accuse excess nuts, so I have lowered some nutrients from this last irrigation. I really like the way they grow compact, with a lot of vigor, large but separate leaves from the trunk that allow light to pass, I can not wait to see them bloom.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited: