What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica x Kali China feminized

Koondense

Veteran
Lovely ZamKC

picture.php

Have a great weekend everyone!

Cheers

rlsmooth

This strain is a monster. Stretched like 15cm during last 7-10 days and light period is still 14/10. Bubba Hashes have problems keepin up, this tries to take over the tent. Gotta flip now, ain't got much vertical space and don't know how much this girl keeps on growing. This plant has stems like rubber and reacted to mainlining and topping like a champ, Bubba Hash stunted it's grow after toppings and also managed to break a few tops while super cropping and lst, but that happens..too careless nowadays.:tiphat:Anyway Zd x kc perfectly suitable for scrogs and so on..!

Added cob led to the tent, dimmed at the moment if I succeeded at it, if temps allow we will soon go full power 515w at 3x3 area :D

Q5LRWdXm.jpg

donargen

Couple more pics of the plant as she matures. I think she's probably about two weeks or so from being ready to harvest. The ginger smell is really coming through now and this one is smelling like a gorgeous zesty thai salad.

Attachments

• IMG_5963 2.jpg
    IMG_5963 2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_5964 2.jpg
    IMG_5964 2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_5965 2.jpg
    IMG_5965 2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 102

donargen

attaching files the right way this time

Attachments

• IMG_5978.jpg
    IMG_5978.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_5979.jpg
    IMG_5979.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_5983.jpg
    IMG_5983.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 98

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi rlsmooth,

Really nice lush growth on your Zamaldelica x Kali China :)
Love the pattern of those chinese leaves.

Bubba Hash has a very columnar pure indica afghani growth so it doesn't react very well to topping, at least not so well like other hybrids with more sativa 'blood'.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi donargen,

Your Zamaldelica x Kali China is passing mid flowering in good shape :)
I think she still can pack more weight in the upcoming 2 weeks and then start to ripe.
Anyway, feel free to share pics before harvest so we can check it out whether she is in the right moment for harvest. Hope the weather stays sunny, hot and dry!

donargen

Hi Dubi - thanks for your response. This is the first time that I've grown outside in Spain so I would appreciate any help here. I've taken a few more pics this morning as the plant is changing quite quickly now.

I did start this plant fairly early from seed - perhaps at the start of March. The tricomes appear to be changing now and more of the pistils are looking brown too.

These phots are from the south facing part of the plant which does get more sunshine. My guess is that she'll be ready in about a week or so.

Could you offer any comments?

Attachments

• IMG_6022.jpg
    IMG_6022.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_6021.jpg
    IMG_6021.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_6020.jpg
    IMG_6020.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_6017.jpg
    IMG_6017.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_6014.jpg
    IMG_6014.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 96

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
She certainly looks more advanced in these latest pics but don't think she will be ready in one week, give her a couple of weeks if weather allows it.

donargen

Posting a few more pics taken with a decent lens this time. Although you can't see in these as I've had to re-size them the tricomes have mostly changed to cloudy so I'm thinking that this plant is ready to harvest now.

Attachments

• Malawi almost done
    Malawi almost done
    105.5 KB · Views: 157
  • zama22.jpg
    zama22.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 119
  • zama33.jpg
    zama33.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 139

deepwaterdude

Posting a few more pics taken with a decent lens this time. Although you can't see in these as I've had to re-size them the tricomes have mostly changed to cloudy so I'm thinking that this plant is ready to harvest now.

Good lookin girls, donargen! This is hands down one of the nicest strains I've ever grown. I did 2 runs with 7 fem plants from seed, then 1 outdoor run with 2 clones. I had one "meh" plant and six with the best nugs I've ever grown.

I'd say wait another bit if good weather and rH; it looks like you have a good, fat example - those plants look ridonculous when swelling is done. Plus, I saw a lot of radical blackening in the last week... got proof;)

First two pics at 8 weeks, then 6 days later, like she just got back from Cancun.

The last phew terrible pics are of Oct 19 last year. They were pretty done at that point and it was bitter cold at night. If you can let her go two more weeks, she should be a lot plumper and more gruesome;o)

Attachments

• Zamaldelica x Kali China (3:7 were black).jpg
    Zamaldelica x Kali China (3:7 were black).jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 131
  • A lot more to her than meets the eye.jpg
    A lot more to her than meets the eye.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 181
  • Some Lady S tops at harvest.jpg
    Some Lady S tops at harvest.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 195
  • Zam x KC 1-good lookin'.jpg
    Zam x KC 1-good lookin'.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 147
  • Almost got it-spyderlight.jpg
    Almost got it-spyderlight.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Forest of little tops.jpg
    Forest of little tops.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Lady S clone.jpg
    Lady S clone.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 128
  • Lady S clone detail.jpg
    Lady S clone detail.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 141
G

Completely agree with the Dude...I think it should definitely be on the permanent Ace catalogue! Great flavours and high!:tiphat:

donargen

Good lookin girls, donargen!

The last phew terrible pics are of Oct 19 last year. They were pretty done at that point and it was bitter cold at night. If you can let her go two more weeks, she should be a lot plumper and more gruesome;o)

hey deepwaterdude thanks for sharing those pics - looks stunning. Weather wise all good here so no real rush to harvest - I was just concerned about leaving it too late and the buds starting to lose potency.

I do have some leaves going much darker but not as black as some of the pics that you posted. If I can ask was the quality of the good product spot on when you harvested later last year?

deepwaterdude

hey deepwaterdude thanks for sharing those pics - looks stunning. Weather wise all good here so no real rush to harvest - I was just concerned about leaving it too late and the buds starting to lose potency.

I do have some leaves going much darker but not as black as some of the pics that you posted. If I can ask was the quality of the good product spot on when you harvested later last year?

The outdoor did great, except for staying small because of cold. The plants had the character of their very distinct mothers + whatever the sun gives.
The 5th pic in the last post is the indoor harvest of the green mother of the spindly outdoor clone. She got much darker outdoors, while her indoor buds were dense pyramids that cured from harvest green to a dark red. Fascinating.
It should also be said that the first plant I harvested at 8 weeks 12/12 (I hermied her) was one of the best and biggest. Blue nugs with electric orange hairs, much like Kali China. Gorgeous, creamy mango smoke. Called her Miss perfect. Her OD clone didn't herm at all.

I'd wait until all her hairs turn and there's an obvious swelling and closing out of calyxes. There'll probably be still only a small amount of amber trichs. This stuff ain't sedative at all. Couple other ZAm x KCs close to finish-I think Koondense has finished a few of these as well.

Attachments

• Tops are fattening.jpg
    Tops are fattening.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 119
  • beast.jpg
    beast.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 118
  • getting there, getting heavy.jpg
    getting there, getting heavy.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 157

donargen

I'd wait until all her hairs turn and there's an obvious swelling and closing out of calyxes. There'll probably be still only a small amount of amber trichs. This stuff ain't sedative at all. Couple other ZAm x KCs close to finish-I think Koondense has finished a few of these as well.

thanks for your response - much appreciated. I'll hold on with this plant and post some more pics before harvest.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi donargen,

I think your Zamaldelica x Kali China will be ready for harvest around 3rd week of this month. Post some pics when the date is close so we can check again whether is the right moment for harvest.

Thanks deepwaterdude and Syd for chime in with your positive feedback, it's much appreciated friends :huggg:

Theorganicguy

I thought african hybrids would have discreet aromas when flowering. Turns out she has one of the strongest scent I have ever witnessed. If you stand near the plant, you will smell some dried roses, but, if you squeeze the resin, you will be hit with a strong carrot, tangy, spicy smell, with a strong caramel/honey background lingering on your fingers.

This is some high quality stuff. No wonder theenglishcut used her for some extractions.

attachment.php

View image in gallery

attachment.php

View image in gallery

attachment.php

View image in gallery

I can see some Kali China on the bud structure. This provides tight flower, coated with sticky thrichomes

attachment.php

View image in gallery

attachment.php

View image in gallery

Must be a hell of a terpy smoke!

Cheers people

Attachments

• IMG_4418.jpg
    IMG_4418.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_4417.jpg
    IMG_4417.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4416.jpg
    IMG_4416.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4415.jpg
    IMG_4415.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_4413.jpg
    IMG_4413.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 108

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Theorganicguy,

Usually P1 pure sativa african landraces have quite discreet aromas in flowering, but Zamaldelica elite mother is well known for having a really outstanding terpene profile, Kali China too. So as stated in the official strain description, one of the strong points of this hybrid it's its loud and refined terpene profile, along with a short/moderate flowering time, high resin production, high THC content, strong hybrid effect, remarkable bag appeal, etc ....

TheEnglishCut indeed produced an amazing rosin with Zamaldelica x Kali China, probably the best extraction he did with our strains last year. :yes:

donargen

Hi donargen,

I think your Zamaldelica x Kali China will be ready for harvest around 3rd week of this month. Post some pics when the date is close so we can check again whether is the right moment for harvest.

thanks for your feedback Dubi and deepwater I do appreciate your comments.

So we've had a bit of rain here recently and whilst the temperatures are fine it's certainly more unsettled weather now. I'm away for a few days next week so either I could harvest this weekend after some sunshine to dry out the plant or I could wait another week when I'm back and look to harvest the following weekend.

The plant looks mature to me now and from closer inspection from the loupe I see that a good amount of the tricomes are cloudy in colour.

Any advice on when to harvest this one?

Attachments

• zama5.png
    zama5.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 100
  • zama6.png
    zama6.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 104
  • zama7.png
    zama7.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 109

rlsmooth

Zamaldelica x Kalichina 1 week flowering, hope it stops stretching soon.. I need to buy bigger tent next run :p

MbOdCGxl.jpg