What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

REAL Landrace Colombian Gold.

OldCoolSativa

Puntodorado (punto rojo x '78 olombian gold) at 13 weeks. First plant chopped at 12.5 weeks, other will go 20 weeks. Aromas are outstanding and complex. Preliminary smoke test is potent, psychedelic, euphoric. This is the '70s weed I have been seeking.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• PD colas F93.jpg
    PD colas F93.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 117
  • PD6 cola1 F86.jpg
    PD6 cola1 F86.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 71

Nexus7

^^^Looking good there OCS. So is the CG '78 from the same line as the OP?

Just got me some of Snow's Golden King = '68 Colombian Gold/Colombian Gold Heirloom x '72 CG

Hopefully I can find what I looking for in there :)

picture.php

Crazy Chester

Aromas are outstanding and complex. Preliminary smoke test is potent, psychedelic, euphoric. This is the '70s weed I have been seeking.

Congratulations on uncovering that, OldCoolSativa! :whee:

The terps and effects sound like the Colombian Gold I've been seeking and have been grateful for having experienced once in my life about four decades ago - before she disappeared... :cry:

OldCoolSativa

Here's the 20-week keeper. I also kept a 17-weeker. Flushed for the last 6 weeks. Aromas are pine and ginger. Effect is classic Colombian gold - electric, long lasting, happy, euphoric. My friends and family tell me I've achieved my goal of bringing back that 70s weed. I had a little of the 78 CG pollen left which I used to make a small number of backcrosses from each of the F1s I grew. My next run I'll probably explore the F1 bx seeds I got from this plant...75% of the genetics are straight from 1978.

Go ahead and laugh at how schwaggy this bud looks, but it's truly excellent herb.

attachment.php

Attachments

• PD1 colas7 F138.jpg
    PD1 colas7 F138.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 67

Crazy Chester

Here's the 20-week keeper. I also kept a 17-weeker. Flushed for the last 6 weeks. Aromas are pine and ginger. Effect is classic Colombian gold - electric, long lasting, happy, euphoric. My friends and family tell me I've achieved my goal of bringing back that 70s weed. I had a little of the 78 CG pollen left which I used to make a small number of backcrosses from each of the F1s I grew. My next run I'll probably explore the F1 bx seeds I got from this plant...75% of the genetics are straight from 1978.

Go ahead and laugh at how schwaggy this bud looks, but it's truly excellent herb.

View Image

Congratulations, OldCoolSativa on having the patience, skill and diligence to find those colombian gold genes! I learned to never laugh at the lack of "bag appeal" pure sativas often have. Funny how they can often look "schwaggy" - and then they blow your mind with how strong they are!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran

View Image

That is not schwaggy looking at all. Glad you found your dream there.:headbange

Nexus7

Looking good there OCS! Just like a true heirloom Sativa should.

If my '72 CG and Golden King turn out half as good I'll be a happy chappy.

rolandomota

Yea man this stuff is the real deal it's not your usual super frosty barely any high strain, of course some of these sativa's suck too they ain't all strong that's for sure for example Ethiopian by ace was very weak I will never grow that again so it's not all good and that's why people like to talk shit bout them sativa's

achille

Veteran
Strange, I found the Ethiopian by Ace quite strong, I even managed to overdose on fan leaves !

HAZENACIOUS

Hi all, so occasionally gold phenos turn up in Nevil's haze, anybody else experience this? I've heard about it but not experienced it until recently. Some of these phenos remind me of the Columbians I used to get in my youth.
(5hzC X Heirloom California)X(NH21 X MML)

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

Nexus7

^^^^
Looks a little Hazy for sure. Would be nice to see it under natural light ;)

I think the gold mostly comes after the cure. I had it twice. Once from a Kerala pheno of Krystalica. The other was Romulan but only after a year cure!

I did get a "gold" looking CG '72, probably more of a rainbow type tbh but it's all subjective really.

HAZENACIOUS

^^^^
Looks a little Hazy for sure. Would be nice to see it under natural light ;)

I think the gold mostly comes after the cure. I had it twice. Once from a Kerala pheno of Krystalica. The other was Romulan but only after a year cure!

I did get a "gold" looking CG '72, probably more of a rainbow type tbh but it's all subjective really.

Hi Nexus,

How was the CG 72? Sounds nice.

I had a Malawi Gold that I acquired in SA back in 92, when I grew it out it just budded to the color of straw, just grows that way, buds were long strings of calyxes seeds were black and disc shaped, hardly looked like weed. I've heard it's the same with Columbian Gold, in that it gets pale on the stalk, naturally loses its chlorophyll, making for a much smoother smoke, but not sure. I also have seen strains that start light green and turn goldish after a long cure, I've had skunks that do that, and other strains as well. Combination maybe.

Found some, these were from the same crop, below pics taken under metal halide, a bit later in budding. They are somewhat gold, I would say. It wasn't like the old Columbian gold actually looked like a brick of gold, compared to most Columbian, it was a little pale, somewhat yellowish you know?
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Nexus7

Hi Nexus,

How was the CG 72? Sounds nice.

I had a Malawi Gold that I acquired in SA back in 92, when I grew it out it just budded to the color of straw, just grows that way, buds were long strings of calyxes seeds were black and disc shaped, hardly looked like weed. I've heard it's the same with Columbian Gold, in that it gets pale on the stalk, naturally loses its chlorophyll, making for a much smoother smoke, but not sure. I also have seen strains that start light green and turn goldish after a long cure, I've had skunks that do that, and other strains as well. Combination maybe.

Found some, these were from the same crop, below pics taken under metal halide, a bit later in budding. They are somewhat gold, I would say. It wasn't like the old Columbian gold actually looked like a brick of gold, compared to most Columbian, it was a little pale, somewhat yellowish you know?

Unfortunately I'm yet to sample the CG '72. I've had 4/4 males so far. Hopefully I'll get a chance this season :)

I always thought they "crucified" the plants to get that "gold" color out in the field. But no doubt metabolism and nutrition play a big part too. You definitely have a paler one on your hands there. How does she smoke compared to the greener types?

You're quite right about the color too. I guess Colombian Yellow, Straw or Hay just isn't as marketable as the Gold.

ahortator

Veteran
Unfortunately I'm yet to sample the CG '72. I've had 4/4 males so far. Hopefully I'll get a chance this season :)

I always thought they "crucified" the plants to get that "gold" color out in the field. But no doubt metabolism and nutrition play a big part too. You definitely have a paler one on your hands there. How does she smoke compared to the greener types?

You're quite right about the color too. I guess Colombian Yellow, Straw or Hay just isn't as marketable as the Gold.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=99597