What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hellfire's Landrace Library

hellfire

Hey all,
I have recently started some new landrace seeds. :woohoo:
I have 2 Australian seedlings, 3 of the African Durban seedlings and one Sinai. I have one other Sinai struggling but I don't think it will make it. I look forward to seeing these develop and enter the library for breeding.

Getting ready to start a breeding project here.

We've decided to use a Lashkar Gah male to cross with the rest of the landraces. The Malawi male will probably be used sometime in the future, it will most likely create long flowering hybrids. The Lashkar will lend a good structure to the more sativa landraces like the Malawi and Swazi.

So it would be LKG male onto:
Jordanian
Moroccan
Vintage Afghan
Mini Malawi
Swaziland

Along with a few good good thc cuts. :tiphat:

Here's some older pics of the female mini Malawis
picture.php

picture.php

This Mini malawi strain you have looks like a sativa plant i have before in Africa. After looking it up at ********** found its 100% sativa and from Africa Mini malawi is now on my order list thank you for grate thread hellfire.

hellfire

Sure do, I have a couple pics I've been meaning to getting around to posting.

picture.php

This is one of the Australians, this one topped itself as a seed. It went from single leafed into 5 bladed leaves. The regions my Australians came from are Kalgoorlie and Nimbin. The one seed I thought was struggling made it after all, but it is behind. These seeds were collected in 2003.

picture.php

This is the first Sinai that popped. The second one made it after all! It is behind though. These were collected from Northeast Egypt on the peninsula, planning to look more into it. Not sure of collected dates. I was told that it is from the gene pool that the Scythians brought down to Egypt.

picture.php

Durban family photo. These were collected in 1995, I'm not sure of the exact area as of right now.

At some point I may have to make a formal announcement about our seed company ...once we release the seeds :tiphat:
There are some cool things in the works, collecting some interesting things from all over.

thejact55

Is the sinai from RSC or different source?
Ooo going into business eh? Ive had thoughts of doing so, i am sitting on 6000 or so seeds from my pollinations, but dont want to compete agianst those i get stock from. Plus i work too much already and dont like mailing things like this, gives me anxiety until i hear package has arrived lol.

hellfire

It was hand collected from the region. One of my aims is to try to get as closest to the region as possible, whether second hand or go there myself. I do like other companies offerings but I would prefer to use stuff 'from the source' so to speak.

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Yeah the Sinai genepool seems to be great for further researches and finding unique plants. Good luck !

Nup

Hope the grows are going well.
I'm curious to see how those Sinai turn out, grew a couple this summer to see how they coped. Poor things suffered.

hellfire

This thread is due for an update for sure.

The recent seedlings have been sexed, sorry to say the third Australian was lost. However,
1 Aus male, 1 female
1 Durban female, 2 males
1 Sinai male, 1 female
:tiphat:
I am quite happy we didn't end up with any being all male or all female.

The Sinai is a nice stout and sturdy plant, almost but not quite comparable to the Lashkar's thickness. The female is lagging behind the male as she wasn't transplanted at the same time.
Sinai male
picture.php

The first Australian to come up, the one that topped itself, is the male. It has an interesting phyllotaxy, quite a lot of trinodal action going on as well as middle/budlet leaves from some of the fans.
Aus male
picture.php

Last we have the female Durban. This is a beast of a plant, wonderful structure with a lot of unique looking branching. It looks like it should be in the jungle. It got topped and 'bled' a bit, I did not see that happen again while taking cuts though. When I was taking cuts I noticed the smell right away, it is pungent but I can't quite put my finger on what to compare it to. May have to wait for flowering to do that. The males came up with a bit skinnier looking leaves than the female and interestingly they were a bit shorter than it.
Now that I have taken cuts off it it will be getting thrown into the Lashkar male crosses, should be a good combination.
Female Durban
picture.php

Enjoy! :tiphat:

hellfire

The Lashkar Gah male is in flowering now. Been in for a little over a week, should start dropping pollen in due time. :tiphat:

I wanted to update the list of seeds as we have gathered some new things recently.

Breeder Choice Organisation Panama Red Open Pollination (2012 Preservation) - Mota de Dios (Snowhigh)
Ethiopian - Shashamane
Hawaiian - labeled as 'old school Hawaiian'
Peruvian - A solid 18 to 20 week plant, big yield, giant colas, it has some nice fat seeds

Stuff from Bodhi at the Emerald Cup (who is awesome by the way)
PCK - 100s of seeds
Malawi X Afghan Hashplant - not sure if we'll use that
Bagseeds:
Thai
Nigerian
South African X Afghan

One of the Lashkar Gah females
picture.php

Ta ta for now

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hola hellfire,

That is an interesting list treasures with some from my friends Snowhigh and bodhi:)

Can you provide some more details on the 'ols school' Hawaiian?

Muchas Gracias

RC_Colas

The Lashkar Gah male is in flowering now. Been in for a little over a week, should start dropping pollen in due time. :tiphat:

I wanted to update the list of seeds as we have gathered some new things recently.

Breeder Choice Organisation Panama Red Open Pollination (2012 Preservation) - Mota de Dios (Snowhigh)
Ethiopian - Shashamane
Hawaiian - labeled as 'old school Hawaiian'
Peruvian - A solid 18 to 20 week plant, big yield, giant colas, it has some nice fat seeds

Stuff from Bodhi at the Emerald Cup (who is awesome by the way)
PCK - 100s of seeds
Malawi X Afghan Hashplant - not sure if we'll use that
Bagseeds:
Thai
Nigerian
South African X Afghan

One of the Lashkar Gah females
View Image

Ta ta for now

hellfire

RC, I currently don't have all the information for the Hawaiian. If I remember correctly it is old stock that has been consistently open pollinated after it was brought back from Hawaii. I will get more info on it when possible, they would be something fun to start.

Lashkar male doing his thing
picture.php

hellfire

The Moroccan is looking pretty good. It has a funky kind of upfront smell right now, underneath this copper-metallic like tinge comes out.
picture.php

The Durban is a nice looking plant. Very sativa like calyx structure up close, spikey and elongated with a lot of pistils coming out. Very whispy looking. It has an aroma similar to the Swazi but maybe not quite as pungent. An anisey, sweet like smell. The Swazi I've described as being cedar like, it is very in your face.

Durban
picture.php

Here is one of the compact Malawi females in flower. Sure does look like it has a long way to go heh.
picture.php

The male has a few more days left in the room, then he'll be cut down with some pollen saved. He's going hard right now, everything should get well pollinated. Anything that is hermaphroditic will be cut down, I've been checking things every day. Got to be careful with these genetics.

Peace

hellfire

Ah, sorry about lack of an update.

Currently drying out seeds and starting to separate a few. Not everything turned out properly, we're most likely going to use the Lashkar male again.

I have started up some of the crosses, great germination rates so far
LKG x Vintage Afghan pheno #1 (sour-like smelling pheno)
LKG x Moroccan
LKG x Swazi

Next time around the Australian female and Sinai female will be added.

We picked up some Indian genetics recently.
Araku Gold - Southern Indian NLD
Tamil ??? Cumbom - Southern Indian NLD (??? because I'm not sure on the full name, its middle rubbed off on the seed vial but I can find the full name/info later)
Malana Generic
Araku Valley - Southern Indian NLD
Wailing Malana

neongreen

Veteran
But has anyone here had experience with the Lashkar before? Did it do this weird fan leaf decaying kind of thing? It starts on the bottoms and goes up, they just kind of curl up and die off. It does this even when it has good soil with plenty of food.

When growing it once before it had this trait. Curious as to other experiences.

Did you ever find out what it was? It looks to me a lot like leaf septoria:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=184996

Other than that, loving the plants. Thanks for sharing!

hellfire

I think it was a calcium deficiency as jact and oldbootz suggested. I ended up topfeeding the lashkars with wollastonite, calcium silicate, and it stopped with the decaying. It did chew through the calcium pretty fast and I may experiment with more or multiple topfeedings next round.

The spots were more of a brown and tended to be on the outside of the leaves rather then directly in the middle. It wasn't as dotted/spotted up as septoria and I didn't see the bright white kind of leeching that septoria does. I'll definitely keep an eye on it though, hoping the calcium is the solution.

#3 from the previous post is Tamil Nadu, Cumbum India. Most likely grown in the Cumbum Valley.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

thejact55

Lookin good as always. I like that male, looks like a good specemine.
I got some seeds from southern morocco (irie mountain) in route to me. I can find much of anything on irie mountain, except for a short excerpt from the royal travel society. So hopefully theyll be authentic.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Beautiful tread,I appreciate the work of those who preserve the genetics as well as create crossings .... those strain Indians are interesting ....

Latest posts

Latest posts