What's new

Making some CannaBudder...

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Just finished and cleaned up..

Just finished and cleaned up..

Keep us updated when the potency tests have been carried out.

I used my Magical Butter Machine :party: My wife will make some Snickerdoodle Cookies when she gets home.

I'll try one tonight and report back :woohoo:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Just ate a cookie...

Just ate a cookie...

Tastes great with No Marijuana aftertaste.

I usually use Coconut Oil and these taste just as good. (Made with ghee)

We'll see how they work :party: in about an hour

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Tested O.K. - slight hangover

Tested O.K. - slight hangover

Ate one cookie last night. Started feeling it after 45 minutes.

Knocked me out for 7 hours :party: That's why I take them at night

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Good job on using the ghee. Been trying to get that information out to everyone I can. Amazing effect on onset and efficacy times for everyone. :)

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Ghee and weed No water...

Ghee and weed No water...

Good job on using the ghee. Been trying to get that information out to everyone I can. Amazing effect on onset and efficacy times for everyone. :)

Using my Magical Butter machine with Ghee and weed No water.

Got about 15 ounces out of the pound. I had this ghee in my pantry for a while.

:woohoo:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Amazing effect on onset and efficacy times for everyone. :)

I didn't notice any change in the onset or efficacy compared to the Coconut Oil.

The taste was about the same, but that could be because the Snickerdoodle Cookie mix covers it well.

Cookies are nice and fluffy compared to the Coconut Oil.

Love those cookies. :underwater:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I didn't notice any change in the onset or efficacy compared to the Coconut Oil.
I've found the onset and efficacy time to be fairly predictable for everyone, when using the ghee. Coconut has a larger variance, depending on the blood type of the person.

The other factor controlling edible absorption is the contents of the stomach. ;)

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I would say that the most important factor in edibles is proper Decarbing.

I have found no difference in onset or efficacy between Ghee, Butter, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, etc. (I've made more than 50 pounds)

I'm using Snoop Dogs decarbing recommendation of 240f for 1 hour. After years of trial an error this seems the best.

All of my testers (not patients, I am not a doctor) are very happy with my Cookies. Most eat 1/2 a cookie. They use them for pain and to help them sleep. I use them to help me sleep through the night and Cancer pain management. I vape or smoke joints with Ibuprofen to stay off the heavy meds and eat a cookie at bedtime. (I don't eat cookies during the day as they really wack me)

Peace

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I haven’t made cannabutter in at least ten years. I made some over the holiday season and am having soo much fun :party: with it that I’m wondering why I quit... only thing I can come up with is that it is time consuming and the cook-down stinks up the house.

I’ve been thinking about getting a MBM. Mostly to get away from those two irksome aspects. But I didn’t know about the need to decarb in the oven... thought I could just throw everything into the machine... I don’t imagine the oven route gets around the stink... Is it pretty bad? As bad as a stovetop cook-down? (Obviously I need to read up).

And I think it was you, possibly someone else, who shared a photo of Krusteaz Triple Chocolate Chunk and said they make great cookies. I tried it out and WOW. Blew away the Toll House mix I was using. Did you ever try the cookie bar option? I baked some up this morning for the first time and ate one about 45 minutes ago. It’s building! Also I was wondering if you use full canna or if you split the butter amount with regular? This mix calls for a whole stick of butter. I’ve only been doing half and half. A whole stick, now that would be a real ride... maybe I’ll build up to it. Anyway, thanks for this thread ‘cause I was thinking about bumping your MBM thread to ask if you still use it and like it. Looks like the answer is yes! :tiphat:

picture.php
picture.php

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Sounds great!

Sounds great!

I’ve been thinking about getting a MBM. Mostly to get away from those two irksome aspects. But I didn’t know about the need to decarb in the oven... thought I could just throw everything into the machine... I don’t imagine the oven route gets around the stink... Is it pretty bad? As bad as a stovetop cook-down? (Obviously I need to read up).

You will need to decarb and there is some smell

Anyway, thanks for this thread ‘cause I was thinking about bumping your MBM thread to ask if you still use it and like it. Looks like the answer is yes! :

I love my Magical Butter machine and am thinking on getting the newer version
View Image View Image

I have a small crack in the plastic housing but it doesn't effect anything :party: This is my only issue after (about) five years of continuous use.

E-mail them and get a $25 discount coupon

Edit: I use 4 oz a batch of 25 cookies, 1 oz of 20% Bud to 1 pound of butter

zoic

Edit: I use 4 oz a batch of 25 cookies, 1 oz of 20% Bud to 1 pound of butter

LOL, that is a very strong recipe. I use 40g of cuttings and popcorn buds. The slow cooker, 1lb butter and 8 hours on low. My cookie recipe calls for 1/2 cup and the salted unclarified pound of butter only yileds a bit over 1-1/2 cups. So at 18 cookies per 1/2 cup I get 54 cookies from each batch.

After some experimenting I found 3 cookies a day gave me great medicinal effects without too much couch lock and I sleep well at night. When I have 4, the last one turns me into a statue for the evening, no fun.

At some point I want to use unsalted and clarified butter, ghee is clearly much better for me.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks guys. I’m realizing that I need to get a method down so that I have a better understanding of dosage, and to achieve consistency. I used trim and popcorn buds at only 30g to roughly one pound of butter after clarifying 1 3/4 pound of unsalted butter. Shishkaboy’s recipe. I don’t think I did that great with the clarification process and am really interested in using ghee for my next batch. And most likely that will be in a MBM. Interestingly the recipe I used to follow (Chef Ra) didn’t involve clarifying or decarbing, unless maybe the decarb took place during the cook-down.

One Saturday night I made the Toll House mix, which calls for 1/2 cup (1/2 stick) butter. I had been mixing the TH mix at 1/4 cup cannabutter to 1/4 cup regular butter. That night I went whole hog with the cannabutter. I ate two cookies at about an hour and a half from one another. I had also had two drinks. Well, buzzed up with the munchies I ended up eating another one and went to bed shortly after. Slept nearly eleven hours and woke up still wrecked. Couldn’t believe how squinty and bloodshot my eyes were that Sunday morning. Yep, I need to work on a consistent dosage. And munchie restraint. :biggrin:

Really liking these cookie bars. Think I’m going to work on fine-tuning this instead of the cookie form.

Have a great weekend!