What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greek red landrace

D

dino0907

Red Kalamata ....

Red Kalamata ....

Good morning.Delicorganic hope you and your friends enjoying that special 'greek' and hopefully you can help me a bit with my two ladies.I see a lot of similarities with your photos, and,if luck(first time grower)and instinct is taking me somewhere nice.It has been a great, all organic, experience anyway.(Its the purple colour that got my attention, which comes in,at different stages of its growth?)

Attachments

• IMG_2450.jpg
    IMG_2450.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2451.jpg
    IMG_2451.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 25
D

dino0907

Greek red landrace

Just an extra photo to show you the purple colour of the stems.?

D

dino0907

Greek red landrace

Purple stems for now..

Attachments

• IMG_2458.jpg
    IMG_2458.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 29
D

dino0907

Greek red landrace

I found a photo of them just before flowering.

Attachments

• IMG_217327 2.jpg
    IMG_217327 2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 26
D

dino0907

Greek red landrace

Nice one Mex.Was smoking that about a month ago,ace stuff.That was my problem and the reason I planted my find(first time).Seed from Crete have been planted up in the mountains North of Greece as well.Its still ace!!My seeds came from a more 'golden hair' bud, and,thats why I kept them.Anyways October sun and both are doing fine,Xmas sorted :)

Attachments

• IMG_2459.jpg
    IMG_2459.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 22
D

dino0907

Greek red landrace

Better photos ?

Attachments

• IMG_2460.jpg
    IMG_2460.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2461.jpg
    IMG_2461.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2462.jpg
    IMG_2462.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 22

delicorganic

kalamata red

kalamata red

https://phylos.bio/sims/variety/PGT-206953/robert-c-clarke/greece-kalamata-red

The buds are pretty thin and fluffy compared to new varieties whereas the tolerance to insects and fungi is high. The yield is almost always medium to low and the buds are always covered in trichomes that make the red lady a platinum treasure. It becomes completely gold when cured properly.

After some research to find out the genes of this landrace i can see some similarities to the Lebanese hash plant but in terms of it's high and plant structure it's more close to an oldschool sativa or haze.
some phenos are NLD but the red specials are not the plants with the most narrow leaves,however they are old school sativa structure all the way.
the greek freak has a flowering period, about 11-13 weeks, and although it can be a very stretchy plant, it remains a low yielder .
it s true that the high and the whole appearance is very close to the mythic kalamata red that i had the luck to smoke a few times before 2002.

The most outstanding phenotypes, the plants that I call reds (cause of the red body/stalk and red stripes on the calyxes), are one of natures great wonders in terms of taste and aromas.
The main aroma is an undefined,extremely powerfull and penetrating earthy-hashy smell and taste with lemon and sweet red fruit undertones, all in harmony with eachother.
Also the best part is that the flavor lingers in your mouth and all the way down your throat , making the taste in your mouth more important than anything else.
Now in terms of the high the dominant characteristics are creativity, euphoria and energy for the first two joints, and while up to that point it seems like a clear daytime sativa, for biking and drawing, at 3-4 joints you realize that apart from that first “blast” your head gets from the first “dimension” of the high, there is a whole other “dimension” that came on so soft and steadily, joint by joint, that you didn’t realize when your body got so loose and fluffy and when you got so high. Your body becomes lighter and you get in a laid back mood for improvised fictional stories and music while sitting on a couch…but not for sleep.
I would undoubtedly rank it number one on my list, as my favorite for many reasons. But most of all for it’s high, which reminds me of the glorious pure-strong Greek weed which was around up until 2000 and that some of us, who were lucky , got to smoke and will never forget.

420empire

Veteran
Really cool delicorganic! And such a beautiful plant strucutre. Your smoke report really sounds like a blissfull herb, the herb that the worl needs more of.
Do you have any idea the purity about the linage you have? Could it be mixed with some newer strains Dutch / OG ?

Peace

ctg

Veteran
Red Greek sativa

Red Greek sativa

From thasos but is said to be a kalamata type strain. Bout 50 days in flower, two diff phenos

Attachments

• 16A4262F-2413-4F04-83C3-EABD4C31CE6F.jpg
    16A4262F-2413-4F04-83C3-EABD4C31CE6F.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 3C95F1D0-58E5-48DD-A57D-0991B83A0944.jpg
    3C95F1D0-58E5-48DD-A57D-0991B83A0944.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 30

thandee

Very beautifull Greek sativa ctg....
Thasos island is an ancient cannabis producer in Greece....Thraki region!
DELICOOOO put some lights on.....
How comparable is ctgs strain to the mythic
Kalamata red strain....?
To my eyes has the bloody/red stems,the dark leaves and if its killer in smoke....
I can say that its kalamata red or a comparable acclimatized genetic to Thasos island!...
Excellent ctg....
Waiting for smoke report!....
And a greek snowy mountain sativa in the start of flowering!...
Enjoy....
picture.php

picture.php

bioBeast

Good evening guys ..! I have the honour to share with you a smoke-report of @delicorganic’s Kalamata Red variety.
First of all, the seeding took place outdoors at the end of May in Peloponnese and the harvesting in early November..
Generally, it showed strength on high temperatures but also on the first chills. The most important? It didn’t get affected by caterpillars and mites .!! Additionally, the plant did not need lots of fertilizers..!
The produced quantity was sufficiently decent and the quality just amazing.
Unfortunately I did not have the luck to get the red phenotype ‘cause of the small number of the plants, but still I am fully satisfied.
When you see it, it’s full of crystal .!! Even the new generation hybrids’ breeders would get jealous on it !!
About aromas and its high it’s the typical old-school Kalamata.
The aromas and flavours of the variety are earthly for sure..
Wood, lemon and and a very strong hash smell that gets through your soul and leaves a crisp taste and a perfect hashy aftertaste.
Now about the high which is the most important:
Very uplifting and active (I use vaporizer). Every time I smoke, my head gets benumbed .!! For sure I will stand up on my feet to do something with full consentration .. The perfect “anti-depressant”, you never get bored .!!
Of course, you must not underestimate one of the two phenotypes I spotted .. If you smoke a lotthrough the day, you get really high,almost trippy but in the pleasant way of it.
Congrats @delicorganic for your work on the seed and congrats again ‘cause this variety worths to be preserved and saved, to be known to the majority and to seed it around the Globe.
It’s a honour for me that I tasted a local variety and not only I didn’t get disappointed (like many other times), but I got exited and became my first choice on high quality products.
You keep a high valued treasure in your hands.
Congrats my friend! Keep on the way you do ...

ctg

Veteran
Bout 70 days

Bout 70 days

She filled in, this is the more green pheno

Attachments

• 10A7E94F-6011-40A4-B278-2C81481F439F.jpg
    10A7E94F-6011-40A4-B278-2C81481F439F.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 24

ctg

Veteran
Red pheno