What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hush's hidey hole

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I just found the most euphoric strain I've ever smoked

I just found the most euphoric strain I've ever smoked

This pheno from the KxNL F2s is seriously the most euphoric strain I've ever smoked. I'm not saying I've smoked all the euphoric strains in existence, but this is the absolute most euphoric one I've ever had. It beats all the blueberry genetics I've ever smoked, the OG and chem I've ever smoked, and it actually reminds me a lot of like MDMA or something like that! I mean, without the amphetamine feeling. It's actually rather relaxing, but not stupefying. Waves of warm loving euphoria are just coursing through my nerves... Tingling in the hair follicles... Butterflies in the stomach... I think the potency is just right for me, because I don't like getting real baked except for right before bed... But I think many people might prefer something a little more narcotic than this is. Personally, I don't want my euphoria-inducing strain to also be narcotic, so that way I can stay awake and enjoy it!

This is really almost like hedonism bud or something, lol. I'm so happy right now! :D

NhspMci.jpg

Good to hear u found something special! Good luck with the reveg! Does your recent find change ur planned breeding strategy? (You had mentions f3s from the 5 potential keepers)

Also, have u sampled any of the other 4 potential keepers? How do they stack up?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
That's a good question. :tiphat: I'm not sure if it will change any of my pollen chucking plans, actually. I figure since I still plan on keeping them all, at least for one more grow each, I might as well pollinate them all.

Yes I've tried them all. But I'm still formulating opinions on them, and this is just the first one that really stood out to me, and it still does. It has the biggest yield, there are purple notes for color, large calyxes, awesome structure, smells kinda sweet and fuelly, and the high is fun!

But I can say that there are two phenos I've already burned through so I have opinions on those already, but they were my two least favorite. That's not to say they sucked at all, it's just they didn't particularly stand out to me. I'm still keeping them to see if they do better next time. One was very beautiful and deep purple colored, but the high was just so-so, and the other was really great in several ways, especially the aroma which was something like melon foot cheese, but it has a low yield. So I'll see how those two do after another round before letting them go. I might as well make seeds with them though, why not.

Of the remaining other phenos, there is this one that I'm still trying to figure out, which started off having not much smell but the cure is bringing out brewery aromas, lol, and the yield was decent, and the high is also fairly euphoric but a bit heavier and sleepier than the rest. And the remaining one I'm still unsure about because the smells are still developing, and the high is fairly similar to the previous one, but it had the nicest bud structure of them all, with a HUGE top cola and just solid bud all the way down, like 14 inches without a gap. So a sea of green with that would just be extremely high yielding, for sure.

Also, the reveg is completed already... I've got several clones of each revegged plant already rooting. I'm confident they'll all root, too. They seem very vigorous. I just checked them yesterday and they still have a week or so to go. I go by the wilt test: I remove the humidity dome and see how long it takes for the clones to start wilting. If it takes a long time, they are almost ready, and if they don't wilt at all, they are good to go. Of course by that time I can usually see roots coming out of the cubes, but not always.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
that high profile sounds delightful! what's the background on the kush and nl grandparents?

love those large calyxes.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
KxNL is a hybrid by Peak Seeds BC that was made by crossing their own inbred Northern Lights line with a commercial cut of a BC Purple Kush popular in BC. I enjoyed that F1 very much and made F2 seeds from it so that I could select backwards for the Kush genetics, because something about it all was very different than the OG Kush genetics that are wrapped up into so many of the strains we smoke here in the US. The smells and flavors are very different from OG, as well as the colors.

I'm guessing that I'm trying to resurrect the traits of the BC Purple Kush that this strain came from, but having never actually sampled that cut before, I'm guessing. I've grown other hybrids from Peak that have their NL in it, and I'm now fairly certain of what kind of influence the NL has in them, based on the various phenos I've encountered, so I'm pretty sure what I'm after here are the genetics of the Kush they used. According to their website, it was just a commercial cut that is known all over BC.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Ahhh.. Always good to get here early ;)

Funnily enough I've been thinking of investing in some northern lights genetics recently. Have you ever grown out the pure peak NL#5 hush?

Even.if you haven't, can you give me an idea of some of the NL traits you're seeing in the Peak NL hybrids?

Excellent clean grows as always :)

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
No I haven't had the pure NL, but I see the influence coming through by the fact that there are phenos of Northern Skunk that are practically identical to phenos of Kush x NL, and they are basically the textbook definition of pure NL. They are almost entirely odorless, they are medium sized plants with a prominent central cola but a handful of lower branches too that have a decent amount of flower on them... Plant turns into a reddish, golden color when ripening, and the flowers are covered in tons of brownish-red hairs that don't ever fully recede into the calyxes. Provides a powerful, narcotic high that puts you on the couch, but otherwise nothing to really write home about... Just your average, but powerful, knockout high.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Thanks! :tiphat:

My reveg method isn't anything special. The trickiest part is just leaving enough foliage on the plants at harvest. I have to fight the urge to chop the whole plant, basically. On huge branchy plants it's much easier, but single cola plants are a bit tougher because you have to leave perfectly ripe flowers on the stalk. Also, leave as many fan leaves as possible, even if they've started yellowing or shriveling. Every bit counts.

Then you immediately put the plants under 18/6 lighting, and start feeding them a high nitrogen diet. I usually switch over to Dyna Gro grow formula. You also want to cut back on watering because a revegged plant has way more roots than it needs, and the root zone will stay wetter than you would otherwise think it would based on your watering schedule. So adjust accordingly. All that's left at this point is waiting. It can take 2 to 4 weeks before you see new growth. After there are a few new growth tips, I take cuttings and root them. The healthiest one becomes the new mother plant, and the process is complete.

Hush. Do u/have u ever vegged out and reflowered the re-vegged plant? (I think they call it monster cropping) . Looking around here on icmag, I see some AMAZING results with it. It would fill a scrog screen in no time flat!

I am currently attempting it with the zamal hashplant I revegged. I see potential, but with my constraints on space not allowing me to open things up I am not getting as amazing results as I had hoped for. Its still early on, so hopefully she fills in a little more for me...its almost as if there are so many growth tips that it just makes all of the growth mediocre.

Anyways, would love to hear your experience with the technique.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I've never done that method you mentioned. It sounds like a wonderful way to fill a scrog screen though, like you said. Or just to have a bushy plant real fast. Truth is, I prefer to have more symmetry and manageability with my plants when they are in flower, which aren't words I would use to describe a revegged plant... They tend to be very asymmetrical and just branches everywhere. I would also think they are good for a single plant type of grow, where you just want one monster plant with tons of branches. So, for my styles and methods, I'm better off flowering plants that haven't previously been revegged. That's just me though. The theory behind the technique is solid, for sure.

The reason I use Dyna Gro is because it's the shit! It's the cheapest and most potent fertilizer out there that is 100% complete. If it wasn't for the fact that their flowering formula tends to fall out of solution, I would be using that instead of Maxibloom. But every time I pick up a bottle of it in the hydro store, I shake it, and I can hear crystals bouncing around inside. So I'm pretty sure it's a flaw in their formula, being that it's a one-part solution. Oh well, though, their grow formula is the absolute best, most complete, and most concentrated liquid grow formula in existence. I can't recommend it enough.

Hush, do your flood trays drain completely or is there always left over water lingering. I have some left over water and was thinking I could make a small, 1/8 inch hole to drain completely. My thought being the rate of flooding will easily outpace 1/8 inch hole so it would be good to completely drain the tray but not disrupt the flooding process.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Yes, my table has good drainage because there are small holes life what your just described. Go for it. :)

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Hush long time no see...tis always good to get a new start on things surprised the BB project didnt produce a better keeper but hey wat are ya gonna do, ill be over here in my fold out chair with my beer and joint :tiphat: :lurk:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I've been absent for the past few months because I was looking for another job, and I found one! So I moved across the country, and now I'm in a temporary house, so I have no grows at the moment. Everything is in storage, and my genetics are all in the refrigerator. I'll hopefully find a house to rent soon, and then I can start growing again.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Great to see you posting again! Hope it all goes well with the new casa & life in general!

Latest posts

Latest posts