What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Ancient Old Far

ICMag Donor
Veteran
plus being a better buzzz thanksto the grand baby!

shit i need to cut back on the smoke part myself ,maybe 68 ain't too late!
I said the same thing when I was a kid of 68. Now I'm 78 and I still smoke, Ive tried candies concentrates, vapes, etc. I like to smoke. I now am growing some Sativa's, hoping to grow something that a few hits is all I need/want. Ive been following this thread for awhile and am going to try cobbing. Hombre del Mont, Tangwena, and others have me excited to try it this fall with some of Ace's Golden Tiger and Malawi. I'm learning a lot from this thread, you're never too old to learn and change.

Tangwena

Veteran
I said the same thing when I was a kid of 68. Now I'm 78 and I still smoke, Ive tried candies concentrates, vapes, etc. I like to smoke. I now am growing some Sativa's, hoping to grow something that a few hits is all I need/want. Ive been following this thread for awhile and am going to try cobbing. Hombre del Mont, Tangwena, and others have me excited to try it this fall with some of Ace's Golden Tiger and Malawi. I'm learning a lot from this thread, you're never too old to learn and change.
Those are good strains to cob as well. GT is another world chewed ha ha.

I smoked every day for like 40 plus years it was only desperation that lead me to try chewing some cob.
I was coughing up blood from smoking, luckily for me I seem to have got over it quite well.
The first time I chewed what would have been about half a gram the world changed for me I realized I could get extremely high from the drug I loved without smoking it ha ha.

Its a different type of high for sure to smoking, but lasts all day from one chew.
Now I wish I had never smoked it and had chewed cob from the start. I love the effects so much.
Much deeper and way more spiritual very different from any other extraction I have tried and I have tried a LOT ha ha.

Super dependent on the strain only certain strains work well. Its easy to tell the average weed from the good weed.
Average weed (most) is bland in its effect, good weed is unreal and very very special in the effects it brings out.
Right now I'm chasing the effects I like and every grow is getting better and better and closer and closer to nirvana.

Last edited:

airplane

getting close to that myself _ instead of joints, joints per day -now it's a hit, a hit maybe another hit with 3-4 hits under my belt - is enough (no over-doing it at my age !!) It's god news "I'm 78" that you are still smoking

ost

Reading it it looks like a lot of research on the internet but no real experience in it.
Still its done with the right intent so thats all that matters.
I think those that are meant to discover it will. Those that are closed minded will stay that way.
Thanks for posting it though it was interesting reading.
The other world that chewing GOOD well cured cob enables you to enter is not for everyone thats for sure.
@Tangwena,there a few of us it fits like your favorite coat!

ost

i've never saw anyone from peru who had a coke problem, they all just chew the leaves,natural buzz ,and some states say sure you cam have cannabis you just can't smoke it ,soooo over 3/4 of this run will be cobs,and i will be fine with this. in my area .i have yet to meet anyone who knows anything about a cob,with the laws they tryed mess with everyone,I dont think this is going to suit the powers that be ,the rules they want are going to bite em in the end. i will keep my head down and keep doin cobs!

Tangwena

Veteran
i've never saw anyone from peru who had a coke problem, they all just chew the leaves,natural buzz ,and some states say sure you cam have cannabis you just can't smoke it ,soooo over 3/4 of this run will be cobs,and i will be fine with this. in my area .i have yet to meet anyone who knows anything about a cob,with the laws they tryed mess with everyone,I dont think this is going to suit the powers that be ,the rules they want are going to bite em in the end. i will keep my head down and keep doin cobs!
Sounds like the perfect fit my friend. I know not having pipes and paper or lighters around throws the cops off every time ha ha.
I can be high as a kite and no smoking gear stops them even thinking about pot ha ha.
A few months back I had some terpy cob that made me think about trying it in a joint. I had a drag and felt polluted even the effect felt bad to me now.
Once you start enjoying chewing cob its hard to go back to smoking.

Maco

Hello Master Tangwena how are you?

Could you guide me with the page where I can found the latest method.?

I try like a 2 years ago but wasnt the proper genetics but now I have almos ready a PANGI so want to try again, mi first time i over cook some and others where good the hi was different and i like but chewed not so much jejee

cheers :groupwave:

Tangwena

Veteran
Hello Master Tangwena how are you?

Could you guide me with the page where I can found the latest method.?

I try like a 2 years ago but wasnt the proper genetics but now I have almos ready a PANGI so want to try again, mi first time i over cook some and others where good the hi was different and i like but chewed not so much jejee

cheers :groupwave:
The best way is to dry the buds until the outside leaves (sugar leaves are dry) but the bud itself retains a small amount of moisture inside.
You should be able to roll a joint and smoke it but the joint will go out if you dont keep dragging on it.
Also the bud stalks can bend but not snap.
This is a most important stage get this right and most everything else will follow.

Page 345 shows the sort of color change you should look for when sweating the buds.
Temps for sweating should be low 30 to 35c during the sweat the higher the temps the faster the sweat occurs.
Once you get the sweet hashish type of smell dry it slowly until its dry to the touch but still a little moist in the center.

Reseal to age check weekly for the first month drying any time it feels moist to the touch.
After a month dry again slowly and then reseal to age 3 to 6 months although anytime after the first month you can smoke it.
But for chewing you need the aging to get the best effects.
Post pics of the buds and at every inspection there are lots of master curers her to give you instant advice.

Last edited:

Buzzzzd

Loss of terpenes yes, weight & colour, not cannabinoids.
I am not schooled in all the jobs that all these things do - If I am only losing flavour I'm OK with that because the crappy cob that I made out of too dried weed didn't taste very good - I needed a bit of butter to keep the chewing going!!! (Don't worry - I managed) The water cure would be handy if your humidity was too high.
Like I say, I'm not well schooled in any of this - flying by the seat of my pants!!!

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
sauerkraut made from weed?

An interesting thought. I love sauerkraut and Mrs DM makes it for me; she hates it!. She'd not be too happy if I gave her weed sauerkraut instead of her morning cob.

I'll probably have forgotten all about it by harvest time, but if I do remember, then I'll try it with an ounce.

Latest posts

Latest posts