What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

McPpk

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
backyard ....

picture.php

meanwhile, in the garden ...

picture.php

ah, that feels better ... time for everyone to take a deep breath and let it out ... D9 you are always welcome to share your thoughts in my thread, i for one appreciate the effort you have put into developing this so i don't have to.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
today

picture.php

the form factor of the system is useful. the tub lid makes it convenient to drill holes or have a flat horizontal surface.

i am playing around with training a bit. first time so i'm just messing around with the CC. since it self topped itself I have played off and on with this plant. it doesn't show up in the pics well but the central stem is starting to develop again. it is coming back up tho which i didn't expect.

CC
picture.php

close up of CC. main shoot is developing back

picture.php

GLP
picture.php

CK
picture.php

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the SWD in site #4 and what i'm going to say must be another critical kush so CK2. pretty sure it could not be a liberty haze so i'm going with CK2.

picture.php

not really sure what I'll do with her when I flip. still thinking about it. itll be a loooong veg if I veg her before I can flip her tho. so i'm not sure yet

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
think i might install a couple of knife valves on lines to 1 and 2 instead of a loopfield. then if I decide I'll put them on 3 and 4.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
today 5/23 81.5F 50%RH res slightly over 600ppm

growth in veg is going ok. maybe 1/2 to 1" a day at this point. my posting frequency has been somewhat eratic but i'll try to do a weekly or so.

edit: didn't mention this but taking these pictures thru my new method 7 hps+ glasses i bought myself for my 50+something birthday. not the greatest set up for photography but it helps.

epap 18/6 @ 600 watering about 2x day

all are doing fine.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
interesting, here is one day's growth difference from the same angle. these are not exactly 24 hours but more or less a day to a day n half.

5/22

picture.php

5/23

picture.php

i didn't say it was earth shattering but interesting to me none the less. the diff is most noticeable in CC. I did adjust the tie downs one time during this time interval. The GLP has swelled up a bit between the two, it grew ~1".

from the ledge

picture.php

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
today cont'd

CC
this was re-tied late last night around 11pm. doesn't seem to slow it down at all. this is about a 10-11" plant

picture.php

close up of the cabbage being grown over by a new shoot. not really sure if this is a main stem or not...(?) maybe a stray branch kicked out of that deformation, dunno. its tough to see in these pics, sorry thats the best i can do with this camera

picture.php

GLP 13-14"
picture.php

CK 9"
picture.php

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SWD ~8" and the CK2 ~4"

picture.php

with the exception of the CC the oldest, sizes are all in line with their ages. not revelatory i grant you, but nice to see it in person and take note of such things as the mind tends to do

peace

av8or

Brother Kush I like the bondage on the CC. I've had lots of success with it and it looks like you're about to, as well!

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks man. i've been thinking about fim'g the ends also. but I'm so new to training that maybe I should go one step at a time. not sure what that would mean to the veg time either. i'm already impatient.

i'm a bit thrown off by my experiences with autos. these are the first photos i've run. this far into a sweet auto grow, they would be huge. prolly nearing completion by my current start dates. I understand why someone would grow autos for production. i'm looking for something else at the moment but it would be fun to run some more sweets thru here for a comparison with maxi DTW coco. I had no complaints with that combination.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
happy memorial day all. took advantage of the weekend to put in a loopfield manifold. was going to use valves but I couldn't find any that I liked so I decided to go the cheaper route and just get a few more 3/4" fittings. after a test I removed position 4 90deg angle in hopes to bias a bit more water in that site. I also put the timer on finally. checked the programming at least 5 times, prolly more to make sure I made no mistakes. my timer does seven programs but the minimum duration is 1minute. So I adjusted the master flow control valve down a bit to make sure the first night was ok. I'll probably open it up a bit more tonight.

anyone recomend a timer that does seconds and multiple on/offs? i have a ct-1 but it only has one setting so I can't figure out a way to make that work. bueller? bueller?

new plumbing
picture.php

DunHav`nFun

Although that is indeed a loopfield manifold and may have helped with flow , pressure , and distribution , loopfields are meant to go "around" the plants and back to rez with driptubing length to plantsites being "exactly" the same length as well.....that said....

Since your plant placement is as such , control valves on the longer feedlines to choke back the flow will prolly be your best bet in the future , although with just 4 plantsites you may be already fine now with no worries......just putting it out there for the other folks to see.....now....

I used outdoor irrigation system timers so can`t help yas on droppin below 1 minute feeds , but I`m sure D9 or somebody`ll chime in and help out....anyways.....

Keep strokin Kushy ....Happy Memorial Day....Burnin some serious meat down heah in Fredville , come getchas sum....

Peace....DHF......:ying:....

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I considered more of a traditional loop but dismissed the idea and went with something simpler instead. i just didn't want to have to run the feed lines all the way around the room, my line is 3/4 and he runs are not hugely different. removing the first 90deg elbow helped some too. i'm going to watch it and tweak the master flow valve some more. then i'll decide if I need to make another mod or not. thing with the valves is that they are not friction less, if valves were installed in only 2 of the sites, just the backpressure from the constriction in the valve assembly would put too much pressure back on positions 3&4. so i would need to put 4 valves on or none really. decided to just see if i could get "simple" to work first before i spent another 50+ bucks

it finally dawned on me last night during a smoke and look at the plants session, how I should use my CT-1 timer to function like I want. The thing that held me back was thinking I should not water during night, the CT-1 doesn't have programs so I saw no easy way to do this. after you and av8or's posts I realized people must be watering around the clock, which i never did in DTW, so bingo. set the CT-1 to 3hrs countdown and the duration to be waterever I like 60, 65, 73 seconds... the ct-1 cycles thru that countdown and runs for the specified time interval. i realize i could probably combine two timers in series to kind of get no night feeding but it seemed a bit of a cludge. my smallest interval on my current timer is 1min but I want more control than that. unless someone posts on here to say, dont fucken do that mckush you idjit, i'm going to switch out my current 7program dig timer to the CT-1 on 3 hr flood cycles 24/7........

so anyway I am currently feeding a near full flood (pulse, wave? hell i really don't know which it is.. hehe Bonzaaaaaiiiiiiiii mcpppppppppppkkkkkkk!!!!!! --picture me running at you with sword held hi over my head while I scream that at the top of my lungs-- lol) every 3 hrs starting 5:30pm about 30min prior to lights on and going until last feed (7th) at 11:30am bout 30min prior to lights off.

we'll see how they like it. this morning they are looking happy and a bit bigger so coola.

keep strokin'

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
very early i realized that feeding 24/7 produced a bigger plant. it's probably more of an o2 phenomenon than a nutrient one. but it also prevents the medium from drying past a certain point that may be below the level necessary for nutrient uptake and prevents salt accumulation.

thank you for documenting speed of growth in real time.

if the 1 min duration is too much water put a T with a valve diverting flow back into the reservoir. if one valve doesn't do it you can put a second one on the other side of the T to restrict flow to the plants even more.

nice work!

Buddler

Veteran
Hi ya MK nice job on the LST there. I was wondering what happens when plants get big can ya spread pots out with the current irrigation setup ?or modify again. How long are you going to veg for ?Oh ya keep the sword down eh..Bud

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Bud good to hear from ya. with this current system i have fixed sites so i dont plan to move the plants. The tubs dont allow me much room and im only going to flower 4 at a time. Hopin to get both quality and qood quantity.

Gotta build a veg cabinet next.

But before that im going camping this weekend at the John Hartford Memorial Festival in Beanblossom IN.
Should be a good time last year was fantastic. So hoping the mcppk runs smoothly.

As far as veg time im just not sure yet. I want the youngest at a decent enough size. So maybe a couple more weeks or so.

av8or

anyone recomend a timer that does seconds and multiple on/offs? i have a ct-1 but it only has one setting so I can't figure out a way to make that work. bueller? bueller?

new plumbing
View Image

Brother Kush,

I use the sentinel drt-1, found used on eBay. It's awesome. Also, the smaller timers I use (one receptacle instead of two) are amazin. Blueprint BDCT-1 is the name. Neither has caused a single issue whatsoever, running non-stop since October.

Attachments

• IMAG3516.jpg
    IMAG3516.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG3515.jpg
    IMAG3515.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
5/25

picture.php

5/26

picture.php

5/27

picture.php

Ran unattended for about 4 days for the first time. Upon returning to the garden tonight I had about 2" of new growth. so am currently getting about 1/2" growth per day at this point in veg. feeding 7x day for 1min at 600ppm.

5/31

picture.php

the cc was retied after this photo. trying to decide how long to make the radials. should i run them past the tub before letting them go up, or stop 'em just short of the tub and let em go up but staying more or less in the tub.... dunno, food for thought.

Last edited:

av8or

With that space, I think you're probably plenty good on lateral growth. When that girl fills out, she'll easily take up a third of that room at this rate! Looking great, brother. Super healthy!

Latest posts

Latest posts