What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis for knee/lower back pain

Scroggy B

Dear medicinal forum readers, what strain would you recommend for treating knee/lower back pain? Does such a specific strain even exist? I don't care if it's psychoactive, on the contrary, even better..

Scroggy B

You should research strains bred to be high in CBD, and have more CBD than THC. http://cbdcrew.org/varieties/cbd-critical-mass/

Critical mass is one of the most popular such strains.

Also I think a lot of medical patients with physical problems prefer the medicine by eating it or through drops, not by smoking.

Thanks for the reply. I've researched strains.. I've also tried some local medical grade cannabis - that's almost pure cbd..
I implied that I want it to get me high too. Actually, this is pretty essential. I know it won't be the best high, but high is still high, right? Of course, if such an option doesn't exist, the mostly-cbd-strains will suffice.
I can and will make edibles, but sometimes the pain isn't so prolonged, as it lasts only after physical activities.. So smoking a relaxing, pain relieving joint seems like a good option.

rogerw

I like the diesel , widow, or just about any high grade indica for sleep. any cross with sativa in it for day time

Scroggy B

Thanks roger, I'll keep them in mind. I only grow indicas anyways.. I toke 'em in daytime as well, no problem with sleepiness..
I had a decent Cheese grow, but it didn't really help. It numbed me mentally, but did not eliminate the pain.. Maybe it's because of early harvest.

waveguide

Veteran
one guy liked a harlequin-tsunami cross. there have got to be people who have been breeding for generations for pain, i'd figure the terpenes would influence the effect as well as CBD.

I've never came across specifically high cbd strains. However I find heavy indica's to work great with my pain for the most part (there are a couple which sometimes may make it worse).

The OG Kush's, Afghani, Hindu, Bubba, Trainwreck, Blueberry, all seem to work really well.

Scroggy B

Thanks scooby.. Cheese didn't help at all. Got me blasted good, though.
Probably gonna try LA Confidential.

Cannavore

Veteran
Loompa Farms Moondawg F2 is great medicinal bud. Eased up my neck and back discomfort. Also check out Bodhi Seeds Sunshine Daydream, it comes recommended for pain and more specifically nerve pain from the breeder's own description.

diffusing

ive seen that pretty much any high thc stain, decarbed and applied topically via coconut oil or some other medium works great for lower back/knee pain. haven't had the luxury of too much cbd around for feedback though, but i am very curious to see the difference in results, i expect the high cbd would be as good or better. you can always smoke whatever as well, but dont discount the topicals just cuz they dont get you high, they do work very well from what i've seen anyway.

lewiswhite

There might be an explicit strain or gathering of strains out there that can help with back and nerve torment. Despite the fact that this is episodic and not experimentally demonstrated starting at yet, Afghan-based strains are said to be powerful painkillers. They have high measures of both THC and CBD. But I think sleep is more important for relieving back pain, As we know cannabis give more sound sleep. Sleep and cannabis are both interrelated. Secondly, avoid excessive sitting try to sit on recliners. Recliners are also more effective.

Ciancell

There might be an explicit strain or gathering of strains out there that can help with back and nerve torment. Despite the fact that this is episodic and not experimentally demonstrated starting at yet, Afghan-based strains are said to be powerful painkillers. They have high measures of both THC and CBD. But I think sleep is more important for relieving back pain, As we know cannabis give more sound sleep. Sleep and cannabis are both interrelated. Secondly, avoid excessive sitting try to sit on recliners. Recliners are also more effective.
Hey lewis you sound like a doctor, I am a also from a same league. I have a back pain from last 2 years, I used indica for myself for relieving my pain but I don't use recliner nobody tell me about this. Are you sure recliner will help in relieving pain. Suggest me some recliners if you are 100% sure.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Try some herbal anti inflammatories and things for arthritis.. like blood cleansers (alteratives as i call em)

Cats claw, astragalus, turmeric, ginger, rosemary, red clover, cleavers etc etc..

Arthritis is your body attacking itself because it has got carried away perceiving you as a foreign antigen..

Clean up your blood and liver and support your immune system more.

A quick cure and kinda cheat/indespensable tool to help is hot and cold hydrotherapy.. run a very warm shower head on your knees until they are feeling hot and full of blood and then do cold water to flush the blood back out, continue 3 + times and this will show you why flushing fresh lymphatic fluid and cleanish blood to areas of inflammation and autoimmunity is the best cure.. take some herbs to clean you kidneys and liver which cleans your blood and the severity will come right down i guarantee you.

Also skin brushing with a natural bristled brush all over the body, in short brush strokes working from the feet up and head down towards the heart, the lymphatic and immune system LOVE skin brushing..:tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
ive seen that pretty much any high thc stain, decarbed and applied topically via coconut oil or some other medium works great for lower back/knee pain. haven't had the luxury of too much cbd around for feedback though, but i am very curious to see the difference in results, i expect the high cbd would be as good or better. you can always smoke whatever as well, but dont discount the topicals just cuz they dont get you high, they do work very well from what i've seen anyway.
I picked up some high CBD infused olive oil from a member here one time. It was pressure cooked, and the material was just a bunch of trim from a lot of CBD plants. All different levels of THC and CBD.

I really screwed myself up with this stuff, because I rubbed it on strained muscles in my arm. It **completely** removed all pain and I almost had difficulty feeling my arm. Never had that experience before.

Sucked, because I forgot it was hurt and used my arm. 6hrs later the oil wore off and I was in excruciating pain!! Holy crap!! I used the oil for 3 days, with my arm in a sling so I wouldn't use it. lol

This is the kind of pain relief people need. Only time I've ever had cannabis oil remove all pain like this, fantastic. Definitely interested in figuring out how to duplicate it in the future. lol

lewiswhite

See first of all I'm not a doctor :p
Secondly, I'm not sure about recliner but they help me in relieving my body,https://sortedforyou.com/best-recliners-for-back-pain I buy a recliner for myself from this site. This site is basically a review site where there are many recliners reviews are presently related to recliners. Last but most important you should visit the doctor until it became too late. Take care

A

acridlab

I'm a chronic back pain sufferer. from years of hard labor and a car accident..and the one that works for me is gg4. shatter . I'm 10 yrs off pills/heroin now and i honestly believe strong thc strains with terps that plz YOU are the only thing that works.. be careful though because when u get high, you usually have a shitty posture from being too laxed and it actually can make it worse.. so keep good posture/where braces need be. and dab like every other hour.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I’ve ruined my knees with Karate
Ive broken my spine...too many times.

So Ive been breeding strains for these needs for a long time.

Thai’s, Africans, Hashplants, CBD

My favorite lines for pain:
My Blueberry Muffin, Jaguar, BB Bx, Cherry Tiger F2, Green Tara, Tiger Claw F2
And of course Chem91

CBDman

PainKiller
Dr Underground

Painkiller XL
Royal Queen Seeds

Blue Dream CBD
Humboltd Seed Company

CBD MIX
Royal Queen
3pc different high CBD strains, or 5pc different
The 5pack with 5 different named high CBD strains is good try out and find the one or two best

CBD Crew INDICA MIX 5pack is good try also