What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Has anyone used a Magic Butter Machine?

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
The unit was DOA...

The unit was DOA...

They are going to ship me another unit.

Manufactures defect ... Buttons did not work.

I guess I will try it out next week :tiphat:

Panama Fred

purchased a Magical Butter Machine about a year ago. it is one of the best investments i've ever made. usually i cook/bake with coconut oil, too much butter is left in the shake when i have to strain after a butter run. i prefer using Trader Joe's Ghee (clarified butter) to regular butter. for coconut oil i use 2 ounces of bud in 4 cups of coconut oil at 160 degrees F. i set the machine for the 2 hour butter cycle. then i take Nestle's Toll House cookies mix. place dough in oven at 300 degrees F for 15 minutes, remove and add i teaspoon of coconut oil per cookie, place back in oven for 15 minutes. Prop 215 patients from petite college coeds to senior citizens love them,

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Thanks !

Thanks !

purchased a Magical Butter Machine about a year ago. it is one of the best investments i've ever made. usually i cook/bake with coconut oil, too much butter is left in the shake when i have to strain after a butter run. i prefer using Trader Joe's Ghee (clarified butter) to regular butter. for coconut oil i use 2 ounces of bud in 4 cups of coconut oil at 160 degrees F. i set the machine for the 2 hour butter cycle. then i take Nestle's Toll House cookies mix. place dough in oven at 300 degrees F for 15 minutes, remove and add i teaspoon of coconut oil per cookie, place back in oven for 15 minutes. Prop 215 patients from petite college coeds to senior citizens love them,

I am looking forward to it's delivery :tiphat:

Miraculous Meds

Bunch of great info in this thread. Love the individual brownie trays. No need to pre decarb when making butter as that process heats if for u, plus u usually cook with it again, thus further decarbing. As far as servings or doses. Ur lucky u get to start with already known thc%. Now u can get pretty accurate with dosages. I use .1g bho as a baseline for edibles. So your ounce of 17.8% would be roughly 5g of oil or 50 doses. But some of my experienced friends say even that dose gets them talking with god. I find that dose to keep me smiling while not to dopey, only smoke once or twice durring. If I eat 2 sometimes I work all day without smoking a thing. If I eat 3 im couchlocked and looking out the blinds. 3-5 and I usually regret it saying ill never do this again, oh why did I do it again. lol So if ur medicating somebody I start with a 1/2 dose of the .1g oil. Of course this is strain dependent and everybody is effected differently. I have turned many a people white and pale from .3g to .5g. But there is always a friend or 2 that says they barely felt it. Now u got to figure how much butter for a .1 dose per your recipe. I used betty crocker a lot for an example calls for a stick of butter. If your using 4 sticks for one ounce then 1 stick in the cookie recipe u want to make 12.5 cookies to hit the .1g dose or 25 smaller cookies to hit .05 dose and just eat more if needed. Hope this helps. Holler if u got questions.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Thnaks !

Thnaks !

Bunch of great info in this thread. Love the individual brownie trays. No need to pre decarb when making butter as that process heats if for u, plus u usually cook with it again, thus further decarbing. As far as servings or doses. Ur lucky u get to start with already known thc%. Now u can get pretty accurate with dosages. I use .1g bho as a baseline for edibles. So your ounce of 17.8% would be roughly 5g of oil or 50 doses. But some of my experienced friends say even that dose gets them talking with god. I find that dose to keep me smiling while not to dopey, only smoke once or twice durring. If I eat 2 sometimes I work all day without smoking a thing. If I eat 3 im couchlocked and looking out the blinds. 3-5 and I usually regret it saying ill never do this again, oh why did I do it again. lol So if ur medicating somebody I start with a 1/2 dose of the .1g oil. Of course this is strain dependent and everybody is effected differently. I have turned many a people white and pale from .3g to .5g. But there is always a friend or 2 that says they barely felt it. Now u got to figure how much butter for a .1 dose per your recipe. I used betty crocker a lot for an example calls for a stick of butter. If your using 4 sticks for one ounce then 1 stick in the cookie recipe u want to make 12.5 cookies to hit the .1g dose or 25 smaller cookies to hit .05 dose and just eat more if needed. Hope this helps. Holler if u got questions.

This is the kind of feedback I need. Rep+ :ying:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
OK Folks my replacement machine has arrived ..

OK Folks my replacement machine has arrived ..

I took it out of the box, washed it out and plugged it in.

Lights lit so I unplugged it and loaded it :

1 pound of Unsalted Butter
1 Oz of Grapefruit Indica THC 17.8%, CBD 0.38%, CBN:ND

I just started it 5 minutes ago and you can hear it mix every couple of minutes.

I will report back later :peacock:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I took it out of the box, washed it out and plugged it in.

Lights lit so I unplugged it and loaded it :

1 pound of Unsalted Butter
1 Oz of Grapefruit Indica THC 17.8%, CBD 0.38%, CBN:ND

I just started it 5 minutes ago and you can hear it mix every couple of minutes.

I will report back later :peacock:

cool, glad to hear you got your new unit np. let us know how it goes.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Hmmmm.....

Hmmmm.....

1st Observation - it ground the weed so fine it is difficult to get all of the butter out.

I got less than 8 ounces of Cannabutter out of the pound.

I will re-process the rest of the pulp the old way and see how much more Budder I can get.

It may be that the filter absorbed it. I will try and find out.

So the jury is out. It may be that I need to process the material as I have in the past.

I'll know more tomorrow :tiphat:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i was wondering about that chopper. i think the butter needs to be hot when you filter it, but i also think it would go faster to filter it with some cheese cloth, that way you can realy press the pulp to get as much butter back as possible.

so how finely did the material end up getting from being chopped? was it like powder?

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
The butter was hot.
The weed was ground really fine, like a powder.
I will probably try the cheesecloth, next.

The butter I was able to retrieve looks great, I'm just wondering where the other ounces of Budder are.

I will work on it.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
my friend got one . he likes it..me I still use a crock pot...going to upgrade to that nu wave induction hotplate next as It got precise digital temp controll

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
just add water to the whole thing and you have automatic temp control. it can't get hotter then boiling water, which is safe temp, if you keep it on a low simmer you can leave it for half an hour at a time on the stove and just stir and add and other glass of water when needed. it can only get too hot if you have just butter or oil, they can get burnt. but with the water in the mix you have nothing to worry about except evaporation, lol.

Miraculous Meds

With butter I always add 25% more butter than I want to yield cause ur never gonna get it all back out. The hotter u can press the better the yield.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Testing the Budder ...

Testing the Budder ...

OK, time to test.

I just ate 1 teaspoon of Budder, that's 5 grams.

We'll see how it hit's me in a hour :tiphat:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I've made lot's of Budder and Canna Oil

I've made lot's of Budder and Canna Oil

I'll make some brownies tomorrow.

Most people have sworn off my edibles because they are so strong.

I have a very high tolerance so I am not worried about the strength. I just want to make sure I know how strong they are before I let my patients try them.

I might make some Canna Coconut Oil later or tomorrow.

Then CannaCaps :tiphat:

So the MagicButter machine works, I just think it grinds the weed too much.

I will continue to use it and see if I cam iron out the kinks :ying: in the process.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Try starting with Canna Oil

Try starting with Canna Oil

Want to start making some butter soon, interested to see how it goes for ya

If you haven't made Budder before, I would try making Canna Oil first to get used to the process and avoid some of the mess.

Good Luck

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
I've done it a couple times, but didnt work very well. Ended up burning it I think and it never was too strong. I always did feel like I got a buzz when I was standing over it stirring it though, probably just too hot.

I really like the idea of the water and the butter, sounds like it would work really well. I also have a high tolerance for edibles. Havnt had any since I quit the shady dispensary I worked at, but when I did I always did 200mg+. Never really got very high off them, they just slow me down and relax me and that's what I love. Great sleep afterward as well :)

Latest posts

Latest posts