What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethiopian Highland (African Seeds)

burmese

sorry for shitty Picture //only for ilustration//, F1 nanda devi x etiopian, have four f1 two months 12/12 from seed in 0,33 cups, no sings of sex yet //parents become flowered around end of 3rd month 12/12//
comments: good growing power 10/15 internodes, 80/120 cm, very stasbile looking, plants are the same //different cause i give em different position and light//

burmese

picture.php

burmese

keep 1 to bigger earth, last year i did it parents and they come double the internodes and triple the height so must cut her a bit

yaxu

Veteran
I would love to hear your thought on the smoke when she is finished.

Report,Ethiopian Highland. :tiphat:

23mrbt4.jpg
30jlpfp.jpg

The buds are foxtail shaped, well airy, what you can expect for a pure sativa, they open well when you grind them, the trichomes are small and the bud has a good amount of them

Flavor, nutty with wood aftertaste. the effect is not very powerful, but it is stimulant. It is the type of weed that you can smoke in the morning and it leave you with energy. The effect last about an hour and a half.

I should add that the flowers were seeded, I will have to make a report of seedsless buds later

pd: report made with the help of my friend Cosmonauta.

Regards from Chile.:)

Last edited:

mobi50

Nice buds yaxu, how long did the flowering last? I planted some a few years ago and they were very similar to yours but smelled like carrots.
The foxy tails is to my account better than a compact bud. In a compact bud most of the resin glands have never seen the sunlight so they can't be as ripe.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Nice buds yaxu, how long did the flowering last? I planted some a few years ago and they were very similar to yours but smelled like carrots.

This cultivar tends to finish around 12 weeks, some even a bit before, so it's fairly fast flowering.

They probably came from ElSocio. I've also found some "carrot" aromas that reminded me to some other classic landraces. This tends to be pretty subjective thought... only terpene testing seems to be an accurate tool to assess the aromatic profile from a certain plant.

In the past I've grown a great congolese that totally smelled like carrot greens while in vegetative. But later on she turned more into mango/grapefruit/guava smell. Same with the Zamal. It seems those are common traits among some Africans.

:tiphat:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Yah the carrot/cigar/earthy dark vibes, Swaz has some too as Durban, Zamal, Zamala, Malawi, Mozambique and up north with Congo and Ethiopia! Probably traces of old South African genepool?

Last edited:

Cloud Dancing

Friend of mine gave me seeds of those few years ago, sadly im living in northern climate and i couldnt tried it outdoors. I was trying to grow them indoors but they're very stretchy and long flowering so it didint worked for me.

zapallo

those are real wild buds ! haha wow, i had'nt seen them before, nice plants u got there yaxu :tiphat: the last plant is the one you're gonna use for the sinsemilla smoke review right? :tongue: good luck with that! :biggrin: see u bro

yaxu

Veteran
Hello zapallo jejeje, like compatriot read you ;)

Ethiopian Highland 3 phenotype

Phenotype wheat
ily3r8.jpg

Feno lila
r1aiiq.jpg
2lszp1f.jpg

Feno Green
33z7h9w.jpg

THCengineer

http://www.ehow.com/facts_7295286_ethiopian-highlands.html

FACTS ON THE ETHIOPIAN HIGHLANDS

Ethiopia is one of the oldest centers of human civilization in the world. This is partly because the Ethiopian Highlands, known as the "African Alps," contain roughly 80 percent of the highest mountains in Africa.

HISTORY

Humans and their ancestors have lived in and around the Ethiopian Highlands for roughly 4 million years. The highland city of Aksum is one of the most ancient cities in the world and is rumored by some to be the resting place of the Ark of the Covenant. The city of Lalibela is home to churches that were carved out of the mountainside in the 13th century.

ANIMALS

Many different types of animals call the Ethiopian Highlands home, including a vast array of unique bird species such as the wattled ibis and the blue-winged goose. The Ethiopian wolf and the gelada baboon are also natives of the highlands, and are found nowhere else in the world.

GEOGRAPHY

The Ethiopian Highlands are comprised largely of the Bale and Simien mountain ranges that contain some of the highest peaks in Africa. Cutting through them is the Great Rift Valley, a natural trench that runs through several African countries. The Blue Nile also courses through the northern part of the highlands.

PROBLEMS

Much of the natural soil in the Ethiopian Highlands region has been destroyed due to the farming of coffee and teff, a local grain that is harvested and eaten with many Ethiopian dishes. Droughts and famines have plagued the area in recent times, making Ethiopia one of the focal points for world starvation.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks friends!! I didn´t try the 3 EH, only the one from the pic. The smell is an 8 for me, smell like a lot of mixed, smashed citrus. Taste si similar but not so strong, i´d say a 7. Potency is a solid 8, only 4 puffs from a joint and i had a very long lasting high. Effect is the best, not hyper energyzing nor electric, very calm and intropective, very emotional. I was hearing my habitual music and seemed totaly new for me and with some "spiritual" messages:biggrin:. In the body it feels like a beautiful tingling, made me feel like there were something cleaning and enhanceing my cells.

Well I am sold! That sounds like a grail strain for me. I have a pack coming from ACE so hope they are similar to yours.

ULMW

Very nice documentation. Indeed the same strain of Ethiopian has been around now for 20 plus years. Very nice to see the 3 phenos plus the male studspics were nice too.
I can really recommend Ethiopian herb to all tgat enjoy African strains and flavors. She is a joy to grow as the more space and light the gets the bigger she becomes. Has a totally different profile when smoked in various ways. Chalice pipes and fat conical spliffs and she is full of dark earthy musky funk. Try her in a vaporizer and so much lemony funk very sweet and surprising. Strength is mild and very functional. A great herb to enjoy daytimes. Check Ace Seeds for the current standard Ethiopian.