What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

candy error - can it be reclaimed ??

420forme

I have a failed attempt at making hard candy with bho. I know I didn't get it hot enough so it never got to the crack stage. Now I'm left with a big bowl of cinnamon flavored sugar/honey with 7-8 grams of good bho. Is there any way to extract my bho back out of the mixture?

Heusinomics

Lol ^^^ :D

With all due respect, sounds like you will be "eating it" eather way.

Sorry to laugh! Don't get too discouraged, there is always value in experance!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think its pretty important to have a "candy thermometer ". Temp is pretty critical when making hard candy i believe

Ickis

Veteran
Use it in your coffee.

You could put it in boiling water with a stick of butter and then use the canna butter to make brownies.

420forme

I followed grey wolfs instructions, but no matter how I tried( double boiler, even straight on stove top) wouldn't get hot enough so I kinda gave up.
I ate a big spoon of it, got a decent buzz, but I think the massive sugar high kinda offset it. It will actually be great in hot tea.
Will it go bad? If I keep it in fridge?

Hash Man

It takes awhile(30 min) to get to hard crack. Try again and realize thetemp will get there in due time.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm just guessing, but if it was me I'd put it in smallish jars to store in the freezer. Keep one jar thawed for adding to tea, coffee, milk, etc.

Hard candy is one of the few things I haven't tried yet. I should probably make a test batch before trying it with BHO.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I would get a candy thermometer and reboil it. Bring it up to temp (305-310 F. or so) slowly and hold it there for a few minutes. Then test it with a cold spoon to see if it is ready before you take it off the heat. You may have too much moisture in your mix as it is so I wouldn't add too much if any water to it.
Maybe use some to mix with vodka or grain alcohol for a cinnahashcello drink?

710Chef

If I was you I would make a few batchs of candy without bho so you can understand the process better. I like the additive ideas if it's soft you could still use it in something else edible cookies or ice cream or apple pie

Latest posts

Latest posts