What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

JLB F4 -The search for a super sativa!

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
These were made by JahGreenLabel, who gifted them to Roms ,who gifted them to me.
These JLB's have 20+/- wks flower time.
I had popped 3 beans last year, and got 3 males.
I just popped 4 more and will journal them here.

Heres the first try. 3/3 males :(
Fimmed seedling ~
picture.php

Male juvie ~
picture.php

idiit

Veteran
much respect to JahGreenLabel. what is the lineage of f4. went over to usc site and didn't see any info.

idiit.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Thank You Mustafunk. Ill be making F5's and also hybrids with these.
The Pure JLB F5's will never be sold....but gifted, around the world, to preserve these landrace genetics for future generations to enjoy.
The hybrids I make and work on however....LOL.

You'de be hard pressed to find a pure landrace sativa being grown in any growroom. Never mind the infamous, most potent, legendary, rarest genetics on earth...the JLB.
20+/- weeks flower time is a loooong time. Plus atleast 6 weeks veg before the flip.
Thats around 6 months until harvest. Thats why Im only doing a few at a time.
I run perpetual right now under 2 - 600 watters so I have room for 1 or 2 JLBs.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Yeah it definitely will be worth the long wait. Fortunately, many other rare genetics like this one are still kept by collectors and preservationists alike. It's a shame most of the people nowadays are just getting interest for the trendy commercial strains while we are loosing lot's of great rare genetics and diversity in the cannabis world and all the variety of weed personalities with it. But there are still lots of growers doing crazy stuff indoors with 20+ week strains! For sure not the average lol.

I honestly won't like watching anybody making any kind of profit on this kind of strains that have been shared from hand to hand, like it's been done for years since the original grower decided to gift his jewel to the community. In a similar way that many breeders shared his genetics and works with the condition that no one would be making profit on them (they wanted to keep the money far from his sacred plants!), this strains aren't for the greedy but for the trusted one who appreciates such fine plants and respects the spirituality and tradition behind them, passing it through.

I received some of this seeds years ago as well and I would never think about using them for other purpose than sharing them with other trusted fellow growers like they did with me before or taking any advantage on the great job done before by Rahan, GrowDan, Upok, Breizou, JGL, Roms and others who contributed to preserve the strain. If limited edition hybrids with Blue Mountain from Charlie G and Colombian Gold 1972 were released before by Underground Collective, it's because they were close to those who first worked on it and reproduced the line originally. It will be sad watching people crossing them to trendy strains and taking advantage on the hype of such legendary and rare strains to make profit or get easy props. Huesos crossed the Lamsbread with OG Kush already many years ago and it was gifted around the worldwide community and never sold. This is what I love from the cannabis culture.

Unfortunately, some people will still made profit on them without any respect for all the people trying to keep it real. It's the world we live in, where the people with principles are minority. And cannabussiness is full of crap nowadays and lacks ethics, many need money to enjoy while others simply enjoy the plants and the culture. This is exactly the reason why so many strains/clones are only kept and shared within trusted circles and never liberated freely. We must only thank the greedy people from the cannabussines for that.

Peace.

Last edited:
hey overgrow.......just a thought after reading your thread...... do you think that maybe fimming the seedlings could contribute to them going male?!? assuming you dont have loads of these seeds might it be worth just letting a couple go straight up.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
hey overgrow.......just a thought after reading your thread...... do you think that maybe fimming the seedlings could contribute to them going male?!? assuming you dont have loads of these seeds might it be worth just letting a couple go straight up.

I wouldnt think so. Ive never heard of topping changing sex.
Maybe JGL could say a few words about this? Ive never grown a pure sativa before. :tiphat:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I have 3 types of genetics in my cloner. Power Kush, GrandoggyPurps, & StrawDogshit.
The SDS's are all rooted and the PK's are there as well. The GDoggyP's still have a few more days to root. They are taking alot longer.

My JLB seedlings just popped above soil. .......They are sitting on top of my cloner in solo cups.
I was changing out the cloning light to a 4 bulb T5, so the JLB's could thrive under good light from the start, and in doing so, I knocked over a cup with the power cord and destroyed a seedling. :(

Im germinating 2 more so Ill have 5 JLB's to play with now. ;)

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
It will be sad watching people crossing them to trendy strains and taking advantage on the hype of such legendary and rare strain to make profit or get easy props.
Unfortunately, some people will still made profit on them without any respect for all the people trying to keep it real. Peace.

I hear ya and can totally understand.
I would never take a pack of StrawberryDogshit and sell them as my own. Nor would I ever take a spiritual plant steeped in history and slap a sticker price on it and rape a community for their hard earned money. Thats almost an abomination.
However.....If I take 2 genotypes and work a new line and stabalize it.......its mine to do with what I wish. Its breeders and pollin chuckers and accidental hermi x's, that further the genepool down the road with different offerings.
Sometimes, to get these new hybrids out to the world, you have to sell them cheap and make them easily available to the poorest among us.
If I sent Seedbay 100 packs of Strawberry Dogs Bread.....
and told Clarence to give them out for free, they would be sent right back to me. LOL.
Every worker is worth his wage.
I wouldnt ask a company, who performs a service for 2 other people, the buyer and the seller, to work for free?!??
All I can do as a breeder, is to give away what was given to me, and the Pure Landrace JLB F5's I make.
Any hybrid x I work on after that, has got to be on the market, so someone across the other side of the world can score a pack. :biggrin:
Its not about the money. Its about not putting a burden on a company thats working hard for us, and keeping them cheap enough to not put a burden on the buyer.
Thats if I had a seed company.
I dont, so this is just a discussion, and my point of view from a seed companies stand point.

P

Pinnate

I wouldnt think so. Ive never heard of topping changing sex.
Maybe JGL could say a few words about this? Ive never grown a pure sativa before. :tiphat:
I'd never top below the 7th internode because seeds with hermie tendencies can be stressed into producing male flowers . . .

And I've seen male pre-flowers on females a few times!

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I'd never top below the 7th internode because seeds with hermie tendencies can be stressed into producing male flowers . . .
And I've seen male pre-flowers on females a few times!

I usually start to top at the 5th or 6th node depending on how nice the first 2 sets of bottom branches are forming.
Thanx for stopping in.....:tiphat:

A

AlterEgo860

wow JLB F4s now that's a strain I haven't seen in a long ass time.. has got to be atleast 20 years.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Huesos crossed the Lamsbread with OG Kush already many years ago and it was gifted around the worldwide community and never sold. This is what I love from the cannabis culture.
Peace.

People like Roms, JahGreenLabel, Ben Holmes, and OJD make the cannabis culture a loving, giving, community of fantastic people.
I hope to be as generous and as giving as these fine men.
I'll be sending out testers for sure. To a select few of course. ;)

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Merci ODW but you know i was just a passer with the JLB, honors are for the french few collective around. Wish you all the fun and patience to repro and cross the stuff, simply The project, high n high. Well please just forget the pure JLB free samples idea to boutiques etc, Rasta thank you i think, and full vibes for your projects! By hoping good girls this tima with you, the JGL last repro ratio seems to be very male, good luck bro, peace.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Thanx for stopping in Roms.
Maybe the honors go to the french few collective, but you get my respect for being such a generous man and gifting out what was gifted to you. The purpose for "Gods Gift" to man, is being used the way it was intended and this makes me very happy.
I talked with JGL and he said that the JLB F4's are not to be sold or spread around freely to anyone. They are to be sourced out to the trusted few who will cherish and respect this God given strain.
I agree.
I hope to find a nice female this round. I germed 5 beans so...... fingers crossed.
THANK YOU Roms and JGL for your gift and your blessings on any future projects.

Seedlings ~
picture.php

picture.php

B

BlOoDShAnTi I

Lovely OTW!Guess I will have to start JGL's 4th generation,since I dont have any luck finding a male in 3rd.Out of +20 seeds I popped so far, only female's and 3 hermies showing male charateristics.

Latest posts

Latest posts