What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do you have Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Repost from the other CHS/Neem thread...

It's interesting to watch the effects of aza on people. Over and over I've witnessed other people use tainted cannabis and watched as the symptoms appeared and grew in size. The person swears there isn't an issue, but...

As the days go on, they begin mentioning nausea in the mornings, their injury pain levels increase, and their digestion slows. As they continue to use it, the complaining gets louder. You point out it's the neem/aza issue and they don't believe you. The situation gets worse over the next week or so and then, if they have an H.Pylori infection, a bit of wrong food can set off the cyclical vomiting.

Switch them to clean cannabis and they begin feeling better in minutes. Some charcoal pills, no aza and clean cannabis for a week and the symptoms go away.

I've watched this happen with dozens of people for quite a few years now. Nobody is going to convince me neem/aza is "ok" for people when it comes to cannabis. lol Neem/aza does not break down inside cannabis like it does on the outside of fruits and vegetables. Live with it.
smile.gif
(No Ozzie, I didn't read your filth)

beta

Veteran
I'm not taking a stance one way or the other on neem products being the cause of CHS, but I can say that plain old horticultural oil is every bit as effective as neem against a wide range of pests and pathogens in my experience, and it's nothing more than mineral oil.

I think all brands are pretty much the same but I like JMS Stylet Oil and Suffoil-X. 100% effective against thrips, spider mites, hemp russet mites, etc.

imo it's the oil in neem that's mostly the effective ingredient, not the neem itself.

justpassingthru

Repost from the other CHS/Neem thread...

It's interesting to watch the effects of aza on people. Over and over I've witnessed other people use tainted cannabis and watched as the symptoms appeared and grew in size. The person swears there isn't an issue, but...

As the days go on, they begin mentioning nausea in the mornings, their injury pain levels increase, and their digestion slows. As they continue to use it, the complaining gets louder. You point out it's the neem/aza issue and they don't believe you. The situation gets worse over the next week or so and then, if they have an H.Pylori infection, a bit of wrong food can set off the cyclical vomiting.

Switch them to clean cannabis and they begin feeling better in minutes. Some charcoal pills, no aza and clean cannabis for a week and the symptoms go away.

I've watched this happen with dozens of people for quite a few years now. Nobody is going to convince me neem/aza is "ok" for people when it comes to cannabis. lol Neem/aza does not break down inside cannabis like it does on the outside of fruits and vegetables. Live with it. View Image (No Ozzie, I didn't read your filth)

Doug, I cannot PM you due to my account being new for 24 hours, but I would love to discuss this topic with you more in private. Is there somewheres else I can contact you? Facebook? Discord?

Douglas.Curtis

I sent a message to your Doug Curtis profile attached to the one above as admin. Please check your inbox/other inbox.
Got it, and glad I could help. :D I've spent so much time on the down side of this, any help I can be is awesome. Remember to start with only one activated charcoal pill a day, because 2 can be a bit much when your system is already a bit slow. ;)

Keep us updated! :D

GrowingHigher

After a recent alcohol triggered episode (the first in >2 years) a doctor suggested I actually have abdominal migraines. This is something I had never heard of before. I used to have intense traditional migraines as well. I don't know if this is an accurate diagnosis for me or not. But the reported symptoms are very similar (and similarly vauge) to CHS, so I thought I would post it here for other people to consider if it may apply to them, rather than CHS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdominal_migraine

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Guys go see a herbalist/naturopath who can look at the underlying cause of your syndrome. Stop stumbling around in the dark and get an opinion based on your own constitution as how to best remedy this. Drs dont know shit about chronic imbalances they have to wait until you have a full blown disease and then they start their poison..

beta

Veteran
Guys go see a herbalist/naturopath who can look at the underlying cause of your syndrome. Stop stumbling around in the dark and get an opinion based on your own constitution as how to best remedy this. Drs dont know shit about chronic imbalances they have to wait until you have a full blown disease and then they start their poison..

DnkAAUAUcAA-JOR.jpg

Douglas.Curtis

**facepalm**
Sorry, but it's a crapshoot these days. 8 years ago I was in a walker because of "medicine." Today I can bend over and pick up a 5 gallon jug of water and carry it around, due to 'alternative medicine.'

'Medicine' cuts off your foot when you have a diabetic sore which has begun to turn gangrenous.
'Alternative Medicine' significantly reduces the diabetes with cannabis and truth, and heals the sore with cannabis oil.

Which would you prefer? A healthier life? Or a lifetime prescription to Prothesis Daily? There's a lot of truly destructive garbage in the world right now, with the word 'medicine' plastered on it. Do your homework.

GrowingHigher

I have had another 24 hour vomiting episode for the first time since 2018. My Cannabis use has been high the last 5 years (high THC/THC dominant). During that time, I have regularly had morning nausea and occasional vomiting, but it quickly would go away. One somewhat strange symptom I experience that I have not seen reported elsewhere is nauseous sneezing. I will have a nausea feeling then immediately sneeze and it goes away. These were acceptable side effects for the benefits I recieve from Cannabis (pain, insomnia, anxiety treatment). The intense 24 hour vomiting is completely unacceptable and are all easily the worst days of my life.

I have stopped using high-THC completely for now. I have been vaporizing CBD isolate (which I don't normally use) which acts via the 5HT1a receptor to reduce nausea. For CBD this effect is blocked by CBG in rats. (Ondansetron acts on the 5HT3 receptor).

I will likely stop using this as well soon. When I do try THC again, I will ease in with high CBD ratio material.

Last edited: