What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1-2-3 Sweet CannaButter

ZZTops

Veteran
ZZ,

what is the dosage like with 1 cookie? I'm looking for a way to medicate (willingly of course) an elderly person with no cannabis tolerance whatsoever.

It all depends on the quality of your mash/bud, that said my dosage works out to 1/3 gram mash/bud per cookie so with good mash/bud one cookie does the average person perfect for a light buzzzz...

Some are very sincative like 2LC and 1/4 cookie does them good, so I'd start there and wait at least one hour before upping the dose...

It's Always Best to dose light with someone of age and not use to the effects of THC. They're are told there whole life it's Reefer Madness so I think some of the effect is psychological...

ZZTops

Veteran
no bro my cannabutter is not a water based cannabuter.. water is only used for cleaning the cannabutter after its made

mine is made from greenish volcano vaporizer duff(decarbed weed) and butter.... then I clean it

if you mix that butter pictured on page 1... with water....the water will turn brown

This is called a liquid-liquid extraction, and takes advantage of the different solubilities of polar (salts) vs nonpolar (hydrocarbons) compounds in polar (water) vs nonpolar (oil) solvents

....................ANY CANNABUTTER CLEANED THIS WAY WILL HAVE BROWN WATER FIRST CLEANING.....................

Orignal Poster ZZTOPS..... try cleaning one of your jars of cannabuter...tell us what you get

View Image

Interesting... I have never wash this type of butter, has no green taste at all and taste like butter so never crossed my mind...

One thing I can think of that would matter would be if you used high quality Ghee or just Straight Butter as it has a 15% water content. This 15% water is removed by making Ghee so leaching of the water soluble material should be zero...

Sounds like a side by side is needed...lol

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
From wikipedia (I know... not the greatest source but it will do for this instance)

wikipedia.com said:
Ghee is ideal fat for deep frying because its smoke point (where its molecules begin to break down) is 250 °C (482 °F), which is well above typical cooking temperatures of around 200 °C (392 °F) and above that of most vegetable oils

So... one should actually be able to decarb IN the ghee? It can handle 250F just fine 'cause it doesn't break down until 482F. Sweet!

Gonna try this the next time. Oven decarbing gives a vape-toasty taste I'm not overly fond of. Nice... but not my cup of tea. :)

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
It all depends on the quality of your mash/bud, that said my dosage works out to 1/3 gram mash/bud per cookie so with good mash/bud one cookie does the average person perfect for a light buzzzz...

Some are very sincative like 2LC and 1/4 cookie does them good, so I'd start there and wait at least one hour before upping the dose...

It's Always Best to dose light with someone of age and not use to the effects of THC. They're are told there whole life it's Reefer Madness so I think some of the effect is psychological...
i like this butter going to make some it would take 4 to 6 cookies for me thanks im going to try that cookie resip to:blowbubbles:

Grow_engineer

Per aspera ad astra
Veteran
picture.php

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran

:laughing: Ain't that the truth!

2 Legal Co

Veteran
:laughing: Ain't that the truth!

Reefer Madness? Probably true for someone who was close to being an adult in the 1950s. Probably 'Not so Much', if you were only a teen in the 60s, however? lol

Welcome to Viet. what? Korea had good stuff in the 60s as well. Thai stick was coming back to the states by then too.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Three of those cookies in a day? You've built up a Tolerance. :woohoo:

By the 70s 'Reefer Madness' was revived by comedians.
Only thing I remember as PHYCO was 'frying eggs'.

And my slogan still reads 'A mind is a terrible thing, unless it's wasted'. lol

ZZTops

Veteran
Reefer Madness? Probably true for someone who was close to being an adult in the 1950s. Probably 'Not so Much', if you were only a teen in the 60s, however? lol

Welcome to Viet. what? Korea had good stuff in the 60s as well. Thai stick was coming back to the states by then too.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Three of those cookies in a day? You've built up a Tolerance. :woohoo:

By the 70s 'Reefer Madness' was revived by comedians.
Only thing I remember as PHYCO was 'frying eggs'.

And my slogan still reads 'A mind is a terrible thing, unless it's wasted'. lol

lol... I was Talking about You...:laughing:

ZZTops

Veteran
Cookie Time...

Here's a photo essay on how I make my cookies...

This batch throw 89 - 2" Cookies and are AK-47 Day Time Med...

Mix dry and wet as Directed...

picture.php

Mix dry/wet together...

picture.php

Use a level Cookie Scoop cut in half...

picture.php

Roll half portions in palm and slightly press...

picture.php

Here ya go the Finished Cookies, This batch throw 89 Cookies...

picture.php

I like these cookies for taste and convenience, they're a lighter dose so you can have 1 to 3 cookies depending on your tolerance...

Plus they look like store bought cookies and travel well with the rest of your food stuffs without suspension...

2 Legal Co

Veteran
lol... I was Talking about You...:laughing:

Like I said;;;;;; First time I knew of Reefer Madness, it was from a comedian. lol.. and I was born in the early 1950s.... so uh, not so much. Been more concerned with 'hot' UAs, than 'madness'. lol

Not so much now, however.:woohoo:

I R.tired...

bmaster

Hi ZZTops

Thank you for creating this thread. I have had bad luck in the past with my cannabutter. I used the water method and it was never potent enough and a lot of bother. Both your 123 cannabutter and cookie recipe was easy to follow and both worked perfect. I tried two cookies and 1 1/4 hrs later and I'm feeling good.

Btw... I got 88 2" cookies

ZZTops

Veteran
That's Wonderful, Great Report...!

How's the taste, any green...?

I make about 180 cookies a month, did not know I had so many Friends...:huggg:

bmaster

They tasted great! You wanted to eat more just for the taste...but..lol
My wife even enjoyed them. The last ones I made she had a hard time eating. Personally I didn't think they were bad,idk.

Kushed_

I like this method better than the water method. We used 40 grams of Bubba Kush bud and a pound of butter. I don't have a small crock pot, so we used a double boiler. We got in 3 hrs @ 180F last night, turned-off the stove and let it sit until this morn. Brought it back-up to temp. , let cool slightly and put it thru the press. Made cookies. #1 they are above average for potency and taste great.

Does anyone know of a use for the butter-soaked herb? I suppose you could put it on the skin for pain relief.

ZZTops

Veteran
I like this method better than the water method. We used 40 grams of Bubba Kush bud and a pound of butter. I don't have a small crock pot, so we used a double boiler. We got in 3 hrs @ 180F last night, turned-off the stove and let it sit until this morn. Brought it back-up to temp. , let cool slightly and put it thru the press. Made cookies. #1 they are above average for potency and taste great.

Does anyone know of a use for the butter-soaked herb? I suppose you could put it on the skin for pain relief.

Cooking half way and cooking the rest the next day works very well, gives the butter time to work...

Careful with your mash, dispose in the trash were animals cant access it...

Kushed_

Cooking half way and cooking the rest the next day works very well, gives the butter time to work...

Gray Wolf heats/cools his vegetable glycerin (hot method) five times for the extraction. I wonder if it would improve the butter, coconut, or olive oil extraction?

Latest posts

Latest posts