What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hazeo´s DIY easy AEROPONIC SYSTEM TUTORIAL

TLoft13

He said he prefers EZ clone misters as Gardena misters tend to clog.
Hazeo: Awesome system awesome buds!!!
Darf ich fragen was es dich alles in allem gekostet hat?
Edit: Another question: How happy are you with the spacing now? Would you do something different next time? Compared to some commercial systems like the Growrack 1.2 you seem to prefer lower plant numbers...Any particlar reason for that?

Hazeo

Veteran

Hey guys,

:thank you: to all for your posts!
i really appreciate you like my DIY AeroSystem!!! :tiphat:

Concerning the misters it is like TLoft13 mentioned (EZ clone mister or similiar constructed).

Hey TLoft13, you seem to be from around as well, eh!?! ;)
Hm i added the prices of the parts once^^ :D hehehe, but not sure anymore, let me guess... less than 200€ definitely; it depends on the parts you decide to use. the runoffs for example were quite expensive cause they are made of high-grade steel; could have taken plastic ones as well...
Most expensive part was the pump; but for this setup even a 2000l/h pump suits perfect.

The spacing.... good question:

Actually i think this issue is a subjective matter.
Lookin at these six holes in every box it seems to be a little empty in there,eh!?!
But due to the fast stretch the plants seem to fill in with faster growth of the lower branches. Of course it doesn´t occupies the same amount of space like if you have had pushed 3 times more plants in the system. But for me thats not a real disadvantage, bringing to mind it is less work to fill the netpots.

Definitely i will check other lids with a higher hole-quantity at some day; using this in a SCROG would be interesting as well.... :D

high regards
Hazeo

TLoft13

Sure iam from around here Kumpel! :biggrin:
200 bucks is quite a good price. And you even have quite alot of flexibility through the euroboxes. Trying another spacing could be as cheap as buying another top. Or do you think you would have to change the mister setup?

Hazeo

Veteran
...and it is 200€ bucks maximum; so it think as well, quite affordable.

Yes definitely, another spacing is simple, just buy another ld for the boxes.
So i would prefer everybody who wants to copy my system to directly oder some more lids, to be flexible to adapt to your plants/ space requirements...
Using more netpots with the same mister setup would work; but i definitely would recommend another setup then... good thing on the two lines per box is, that you can lead through the hose rather easy in the center.
So: the more lines per box, the more it gets complicated...
...three lines per box would be think possible as well, screwing in the misters in different angles and hights of the hose. One way or another in the end you have to try how it sprays and readjust of necessary.

High regards
Hazeo

Hazeo

Veteran

-

MK Ultra

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

regards
Hazeo

Hazeo

Veteran

-

Casessin

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the Casessin need about 8 weeks. this genetic is massiv trichome-covered; but sadly it´s not a high yielder... the buds consist of calyxes mainly, from taste it is not the best smoke you have had, quite rough, but this trichs are definitely kickin ass!...

high regards
Hazeo

Last edited:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMHO your roots would benefit from 2-3xs the air bubbles in each pod. Mine look like cotton candy- very thin and intricate= better able to feed on small micro sized nutrients/supplements

Hazeo

Veteran
Very nice tutorial hazeo. Thanks for sharing
HM
You are welcome buddy!

nice word,i cant wait to start my system rightnow.thank for share hazeo
-heheh nice! let me know how it works for you!
have some fn constructing it :)
seeing forward for your report!!!

thanks sir! :)

IMHO your roots would benefit from 2-3xs the air bubbles in each pod. Mine look like cotton candy- very thin and intricate= better able to feed on small micro sized nutrients/supplements
...actually their are no air bubbles at all in this system.
it is only the aeroponic misters. that shoul be plenty of oxygen in the nutrient solution imho^^
But i thought about pumping just some air into the plasticboxes to have fresh oxygenated root-zone in there all the time...

The colour of the roots depends on the nutrients, as well if you use h²o², chlor, and how you expose the picture.

I experienced so far two ways to go:
1. you can go with only mineral nutes at all, (no root-stimulator and stuff), keep the system allover "sterile", and use h²o² or chlor of needed.
2. go with some nutes (as well root-stimu; and other organics), using a bio-filter (where beneficial microorganism can settle in) and keeping the temps in good control.

First method will result in quite white roots; other won´t

greets
Hazeo

Hazeo

Veteran
Hey Payaso :wave:

thanks for the flowers :)
happy to hear you like my tutorial!

sunny greets!
Hazeo