What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Thai Sativas

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sampson....have you checked you pH....may be locking out what its wanting?...Just cause a certain pH ranges works on some it def dont on all...But if not also try adjust the formula so theres almost no N involved...may fit your bill....a good Thai or Haze formula IME is a 1-4-5 low dose for a longer time...That way it uses the N it stores and uses the P_K more efficiently...On some I drop all N totally cause they store N and use it very slowly thru their bloom cycle.....
On Blues and Hazes I do this and it rock their sox...Longest Ive run a Sat out is 32 wks..so yea I been there...
If I could find good Thai stock I'd try it on those to but Blues has a bit of thai so used to it really...these are only suggestions but I never suggest something I don't do....keep rollin
FOE20

Samson4

Veteran
lol try DJ's Flo/F13. Not a pure sativa but it'll get the job done for sure without sacrificing quality. Should also add that comfort/euphoric appeal DJ's blue family is known for. If you're only interested in using something pure for an outcross I'd suggest Ace's panama green over haze. Finishes in 11 to 12 weeks and a bit euphoric as well :blowbubbles:
I actually was thinking of crossing with the highland mexican x blueberry from chimera or an Acapulco line I have. Maybe even HM/Acapulco x Thai.

Samson4

Veteran
Sampson....have you checked you pH....may be locking out what its wanting?...Just cause a certain pH ranges works on some it def dont on all...But if not also try adjust the formula so theres almost no N involved...may fit your bill....a good Thai or Haze formula IME is a 1-4-5 low dose for a longer time...That way it uses the N it stores and uses the P_K more efficiently...On some I drop all N totally cause they store N and use it very slowly thru their bloom cycle.....
On Blues and Hazes I do this and it rock their sox...Longest Ive run a Sat out is 32 wks..so yea I been there...
If I could find good Thai stock I'd try it on those to but Blues has a bit of thai so used to it really...these are only suggestions but I never suggest something I don't do....keep rollin
FOE20

I'm feeding with organic teas. I'm quite sure the problem is the obvious lack of root space. However, I too use a very similar method. I think the right way to grow her would be with top dressings and water only. Of course, planted in the earth instead of pots.

cannabisnz

Regarding the question about WOS wild thai strain. I have a friend that grew a lot of this seed and almost all the plants seemed to be a KushXthai except one which grew into a twenty foot Thai tree and was obviously a pure Thai. There are pix of this grow on another site.

My friend reckoned it was more than worth the crossbreeds just to get to that one big pure Thai. I have another friend growing seed from this plant right now but we're not sure what the male was.

There are a few of us around that really like growing big Thai trees (Bushweed springs to mind) outdoors and it should be noted that the longer a plant takes to flower then the bigger it grows so there are a few crazy people out there like myself who are constantly looking for the longest flowering strains possible. There's something about a big cannabis tree that just blows your mind when you stand under it looking up.

cannabisnz

Tamalero

Hi

Pretty Thais Samson, have a very nice structure and leaves as pins. What can you tell us about the time of flowering of those girls?.

A small contribution. Koh Chang Thai Thai x Meao. They have a very sweet smell even now in the growing period.

I dont know where come Thai Stick from Gypsy, but cleay different from Koh Chang and Meao Thai.

DSC00334_zps79ce5be5.jpg

DSC00317_zps39886086.jpg

Thanks for Sharing!

Siever

Veteran
I've heard breeders choice also sells a 16 weeks Thai, but I don't know if it's any good.
Their other pure sativa strains make me craving for more just as the Double Jam from the Underground Seed collective. Didn't do business with him either, but since Cannabiogen sells his seeds, he's a lot more trust worthy to me.
B.T.W. Destroyer does not flower long for a pure sativa

b8man

Veteran
It's great to see some love for amazing Thai strains.

I lived out that general direction for a while and got all sorts of amazing buds from my connections and travels. Really fell for the stimulating euphoric high and find every strain I try nowadays just lacks that kick - and I miss it.

Looking forward to trying some ace and cannabiogen Thai related strains soon so hopefully can get the high I'm looking for. Though I've got a feeling you need that intense sunshine and unique conditions to truly recreate it.

Anyway - yayyy Thais!

Samson4

Veteran
Hi Samson 4,

Which seedbank offers such long flowering Thais?
Kind regards

Siever

There are two strains. One is from the GN Collection. It is very long flowering, 24 weeks+. The other strain is even longer flowering, probably doesn't finish.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
However it had a branching structure that looked unusual. You might find it interesting...

Reg Dixon - Could you elaborate more on the unusual structure? Thanks.

Looks like a nice good old fashion Thai. Whenever I see that kind of Thai, like I saw in the good old days, I am reminded of bamboo.
:canabis:

I went looking for a jealous emo-icon, and that is the best I could find. I'm happy to see pure Thai still floating around. Good job.

Cheers,

ThaiBliss

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
What I should have said was the branching was unusual to me!

There were no real side branches just leaves growing upon leaves. Strange. (to me)

It seemed that there was no real support for the side growth and that it would need a trellis at some point like a vine!

Anyhow here are some more pics. Hope they clarify my words a little. :biggrin:

Attachments

• March 2013 001.jpg
    March 2013 001.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 54
  • March 2013 047.jpg
    March 2013 047.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

bamboozle

ICMag Donor
This is a picture of the Mangga which means Mango in Bahasa Melayu. I picked up these seeds on a South East Asian seed hunting mission. I travelled to Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, and while I didn't get to Laos, I managed to get some decent Laotian product in Cambodia. I came across a lot of No High Thai, Cam-Booty-Ian, and just some plain Laos-y weed for the most part. The mission was almost written off as a failure except for two amazing finds that I'm really excited about. One was some heirloom Cambodian seeds from a very trusted local's grandmother's garden. In Cambodia the Gaan-Cha is often used in traditional cooking as a seasoning for soups, and other dishes. Cambodia was also cut off from much of the influence of the western world for a number of years due to the influence of the Khmer Rouge, this leads me to believe that a lot of the mass scale eradication projects of the 80's that decimated many landrace populations was less felt in that region. Even more so when you know that you've come a cross an heirloom variety grown for years and years by someone's grandmother. I have yet to crack those seeds, but I expect the terpenes to be phenomenal. Cooking is all about the nose, I have high hopes to find some very aromatic varieties out of there. I'm not sure how strong they'll be in terms of smoke, but even if they aren't strong, the terpenes will be useful breeding tools.

The second find that I made was the Mangga (pictured below). Out of all the smoke that I encountered during that trip, this was hands down the best smoke to be found in South East Asia. The way I described it at the time was that I felt like I was rock climbing the universe using planets. EXTRA EXTRA LARGE. I cracked a bunch of the Mangga seeds this year, and lot of them had hermie tendencies, which isn't a bad thing if you are looking for the pure landrace. I'd almost say its a requisite if you are trying to really pin down unadulterated and unworked lines. But out of the seeds that I had, this one female didn't hermie at all, and withstood most of the winter outside, until we got the super cold week that dipped into the freezing range, and I lost her to the frost. She would have still been flowering had she not been hit by the frost! This is a picture of the Mangga taken two days ago. I took this clone in mid November of off the mother, in an attempt to salvage her before the winter. We will be crossing her with some of our Indica lines, most likely the Northern Lights #1 x Pride of Afghanistan Squat Pheno, which is some of the most potent and aromatic stuff that Kagyu has in his arsenal. We are keen to bring the flowering time down on this one, so that indoor growers and growers in Northern climates can partake in some inter-galatic rock climbing.

This strain didn't finish outdoors last year. It kept going, all the way until the middle of January, when we had a few days of freezing weather that just killed the plant off. Luckily I took a clone off of it in December. The picture you are seeing now is of the clone that I took in December, it is on a 11/13 hour, and is showing significantly more progress than it did outdoors at this parallel.

Peace,
Bamboo

Attachments

• mangamonster2.jpg
    mangamonster2.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 111
  • mangamonster3.jpg
    mangamonster3.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 111