What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st time cannabutter have questions

1Maconheiro

Going to be harvesting soon and want to attempt to make cannabutter for the first time have some questions

1. How dry do the clipping need to be? can I use fresh cuttings?
2. Can I use the fan leaves and stems? Or just the trimmings?
3. How long can you store cannabutter?
:peacock:

ExcelAtIt

Some prefer to use dry, cured clippings. I happen to be one of those. You can also use fresh trim. Consider water content, the curing process (a brown paper bag works fine), and time.

You can use whatever appears to not be moldy. Make sure whatever you use, it is chopped up finely. I use every bit I can, otherwise your just wasting THC. If you want the best quality though, use just the trimmings. I usually skip the stems, unless highly desperate. They are hard to squeeze the butter out of in a cheesecloth.

In the freezer, I have kept it over a month. I think in the fridge about the same time. It doesn't go bad very quickly as far as I know. I do not know of any problems keeping it, other than me eating it on everything and it going too fast. The freezer is more to keep it out of my mind and keep it in solid form than to preserve.