What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DoobieDuck 2011 Grow Diary

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you for joining me in what has started out as a tough year for me, my fault. I started my first batch of seed on Feb. 1st with the intention of getting them in the ground very early in my greenhouse, the starts did well. I germed a second bunch of seed on March 18th and that turned out to be a wise decision as I had problems with the first ones.

When did my problems start-well the first germers went in the ground on April second, they were moved from 18/6 lighting to length of day. This did not turn out well, my plants immidiately went into flower, they looked great for awhile, but then started to re-veg as the daylight was still getting longer each day-duh. I thought about adding lighting but waited to see how things went. Let me show first the pix of the grow early on as I trained them low:

When I couldn't decide what to do with them I posted a thread asking for advice and got some good expert help from some of our super members here, many thanks for that. After contemplating those ideas and fretting a little, I decided to yank all the larger original plants, except two, and re-plant from my back-up starts. The only two of the original remaining in the grow are a JollyBud x CocoaKush, it looks like it is still vegging well, and a Casy F2, that girl can't make up its mind whether to flower or veg.

After the yank and building some small home made smart pots..we have this:
picture.php

picture.php

The lettuce patch above will soon be gone..it was delicious.

So what genetics do we have here:

5 small starts of Doobie's Strawberry..(Rez Strawberry Cough Kush X (MssxSB) a killer sweet Strawberry I crossed and have grown out before. The strongest smelling Strawberry I've ever been around, thank you Rez!

3 starts of what I'm calling Cripple Creek, that is Mountain Highs Jolly Bud x DJ Cocoa Kush. First grow out of this cross. (1 larger plant is a survivor that may just go back to vegging fine.)

5 starts of KCF (red stem) (KFC is Kali Cocoa Flo) x Jolly Bud. KCF via Mr. Alkaline genetics.

3 Rez ChemHaze x ChemDog via SeedBay

2 starts of a Casey F2 I made from H3ad Seed obtained from the Bay. I have not grown these out, one larger plant that can't decide what to do is pleading for mercy.

4 starts of my Trainwreck x Bluemoonshine F3s..I haven't grown out. From Kryptonite original genetics. The F2s were spectacular in every aspect. This one I am calling Stratocaster!

The two larger plants may still get the axe..time and my patience will tell.

Moved indoors to 12/12 at the time of the yank was a Cripple Creek, to make F2s with, and a Rez Chem SD I will cross to my Cripple Creek or something else if Motha Nature allows me to do so. The male Cripple Creek I moved out of the patch a month ago and he has provided plenty of fresh pollen for my projects.

I have some Dutchgrown Mystic Jem and Dieselrella germing for outdoors and back up for any males that pop up in this bunch.

I welcome you and your interest. I'll start getting some more detailed images up for you soon...I may do a separate thread for a couple of these crosses in the Hybreds section,
....be well, thanks for your views and comments....................DD

Last edited:
P

Peat

Wooooot!!!

Wooooot!!!

Awsome Spot DD! :wave:

I'm claiming the lounge chair!

Puff Puff Pass... :smoker:

M

mugenbao

Looking forward to watching this one progress. Should be a fine show :joint:

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks great as usual DD :yes: loved your thread and all these amazing pictures from last season :) tagged for sure..

All the best and only success :joint:
gh

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
first tag in a loooooonnnng time :D
gotte sit inhere for ya aswome shots...:wave:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I see you have made some changes :) decided to yank those other plants bummmer. now you have some DGS Going you should like those.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Watching and waiting for some awesome pics. Looking very nice love your green house. .
:smoweed::plant grow:DD

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
doobs! loving the green house bro. completely jealous. want one so bad. love the genetics too. doobie's strawberry??? WOW!!

Frozenguy

Veteran
Wow what an awesome spot you got there DoobieDuck! Ladies look great, flowers blooming and that lettuce patch sure does look tasty.
Can't wait to have a green house some day.. Glad to see some lounge chairs in there :D

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Hi there!
I hope you don´t mind me grabbing a place in your greenhouse.
ATB for the season

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Todays Views of the Grow...

Todays Views of the Grow...

The view from my purch with a 10-22mm Sigma wide angle lense:
picture.php

How will the hummingbirds get in the greenhouse though?
Smokes, many thanks for visiting and your concern. The sides remain open all summer and fall, and I've placed the feeder already buddy, almost center of this image below. I hope to have pix for you soon.
picture.php

Many thanks to everyone who has tagged up and ever yone for your comments. I promiss to make a show out of this for your viewing pleasure!
Wide pixels..

..some various pix of the house and the condo I built this spring for my feathered friends...

Cripple Creek:
Cocoa Kush x Jolly Bud

Below what I'm calling Doob's Red Stem..Kali Cocoa Flo x Jolly Bud..last pic is green stem pheno.

StratoCaster F3 =Trainwreck x Bluemoonshine F3s:

Casey Jones F2s:

Doobies Strawberry:

I'm on my way...smiling again-- after rippin out all my 2 month starters. I have some Dutch Grown Dieselrella and Mystic Gem sprouts I may add to this grow along with a couple rare old Esbe Purt x Eroc DP from the freezer if they germ-I hope one or two germ for some added colour!
Be well my friends...DD.

Last edited: