What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Part 3

oldhaole

Veteran
Aloha Kiddies....

I hate to admit I am a refugee from another board. I was doing my growlogs there....but it seems to be going downhill fast and I need a new home....

So make me a bit or room here and I will tell you a story...The story of 2011.

I live on Maui....yes it's rough, but somebody has to live here. I live out in the country, and own my own house and 5 acres. This year I will be growing two seperate trips...The legal grow at the house for my wife, myself, and as a caregiver to a single patient.
That would be 21 Legal plants.

Since I expect to have a wet year at the house. I will cover my bets and do a guerilla grow out in the sugarcane. We'll do a thousand holes out there, but we may get a quarter of that in hand. Once we attack the cane this log will split.

This is my log....There are rules...Rule 1...there are no rules. You can't threadjack this one, and I will answer any question you have. I've been growing outdoors here for 35 years. I want to take this from start to finish. And It will take forever.

Strains? This winter, friends from both here and overseas have updated my genitics. I did a seed run and crossed everything with both itself and everything else. I have Kush, NYD, Maui HB.
Jack Herrer, A keeper Sativa named Batch 3, and a strain I call Rodney. And I've crossed everything with everything.

Last year was good. Fourty four lbs off of 28 plants. This year I want the same off of 21. As we move foreward....I'll take you inside, and you all can see if I am for real....or just shebai.

This is the place I would put the hook...pics of last years harvest. But I'm not going to. Some of you know me...other may take an interest.

Part 3 is moving. Feb 1st these were planted.

Attachments

• in the beginning 2.jpg
    in the beginning 2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 13
  • regrow starts.jpg
    regrow starts.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 13

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey haole!
looking good. i lke your style.
so which minut stop you like better... makawao or pukalani?

aloha

and yeah, ruff place to live hahaha
someones gotta live here hehe

oldhaole

Veteran
Pukalani of Course

Pukalani of Course

I live Kula side, so Pukalani is on the way home. Makawao is 2 miles out of my way, but the girls are nicer there.

Either way as long as the Icee machine is working I'm a happy camper.

Which one do you like best?

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pukalani!
i thought they were nicer to me in Pukalani hahaha
weve been needing the icees lately HOT!!!!!!!

oldhaole

Veteran
Too funny. I think you may live in my general area. If you're upcountry, the chances are good we may even know of each other.

I'm racking my brain to think of who you may be...

An articulate grower...probably haole....sorry if I'm wrong there.

I know I am new, and as such an unknown quality, but one day we gotta get together and compare crops. Maybe a safety meeting is called for. Do we have a mutual friend with the initials MF?

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
a safety meeting is for sure called for
i have some cousins that use that lingo

im fresh to the isle but ive got roots deep here
i do look the part though

we def need to hook up and talk story.
and some bud.

MF.... DUDE... maybe so. if not, its close... really really close.

edit: and thanks for the kind 'articulate' comment.

oldhaole

Veteran
I'm going to drop the ball in your court. This isn't the place to play 20 questions.
I will say any time you want to have that meeting, I have a fatty with your name on it.
I am Legal....Damn....You know how wierd that sounds?

Where and when....offer is open all year. Take your time....I have a bit saved up.
Since It's 90 day wonder season I have a few tasty morsels to try.

Hope to meet you one day. We will probably take one look at each other and crack up.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hurry up and get your post count up to 50 man... then you can private message

woohoo

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
im fresh to the whole outside style... specially here hahaha
looking forward to the show and seeing what tricks & tips i can absorb

oldhaole

Veteran
Keep this up and I will be to 50 in no time.

Keep this up and I will be to 50 in no time.

hurry up and get your post count up to 50 man... then you can private message

woohoo

It may take me a while to get there. I don't like to drop uneeded post in other peoples threads.

However I am Legal. Hawaii Law is funny about that. I can carry three oz's with me and if I ain't burning one in the car I'm legal.

Say there's is a party. On private property. I can light joints and pass them out like candy. Everybody is under my card. I'm just sharing my medicine. Everybody's legal.

If I give or sell it away....not legal. Smoke you out...legal.
I don't hide it anymore. No need to. And if I'm burning one with you, thats legal.

It may take me a while to get the 50....but then again...it may not.

If they haven't banned me over at the other board....and I"m trying to get 86ed...but there's no mods there to do the deed. I want to finish part 2 over there, before going to part 3 ...and 3.5 here.

Nice to meet you. I'll save some Jack for you.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
shoots man you can post up in your thread though...

whats the other board... is there 'logic' involved hahhaa

oldhaole

Veteran
Yes I know....

Yes I know....

But it seems like such a ...what's the word I'm looking for...cheesy...way to get there.

But I've been called better things by worse people...:dance013:

No... a hint would be C A N N A B x x.com. The mods left and the freaks came out. Now they have people calling others c##ts, narcs, rats, and pissing contests. I have a feeling many oldtimers there will and are heading here.

Just sad watching it happen.

oldhaole

Veteran
What Status? You stay one refugee too? Brah...dat poho...no can.

No worry brah. you get one hale here. Ono grindz too. Hawaii going call you back...try watch.

WasntMe

hey OldHaole,

Good luck and positivity on this new season.

My girl has been itching to move, I think your backyard is on the top of her list due to her industry. I'm be coming through for my first visit to the islands this year. I'm looking forward to it, I heard a lot of nice things.

With outdoor grows out there, just wondering, how active are the helicopters these days? Has the economy drop kept them grounded more often now?

Again, good luck and I'm looking forward to getting to watch.
-WasntMe

p.s. that should help a little in the 50 post quest ;)

Wondering the same thing regarding the heli's, I've read some nasty outdoor bust stories from your area.

WOW, 44lb's off 28 plants, yeah, you got me taking an interest!

Care to share any tips? How long is your season? Care to share any info on access/security, those are the things that I've found make or break an OD grow imho. Don't want you to give up to much of course, but whatever you can. You must have the bombest soil out there, so I'm assuming you don't really need to bring much in. What kind of adversaries are you up against regarding weather & pest's?

LB

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Part 3

But it seems like such a ...what's the word I'm looking for...cheesy...way to get there.

But I've been called better things by worse people...:dance013:

No... a hint would be C A N N A B x x.com. The mods left and the freaks came out. Now they have people calling others c##ts, narcs, rats, and pissing contests. I have a feeling many oldtimers there will and are heading here.

Just sad watching it happen.

Damn im a member there too
Just never log in... Used to be pretty chill....
Oh well
ICs where its at anyways
No doubts

oldhaole

Veteran
Wasn't Me...Choppers...Thanks for the help to 50.

Wasn't Me...Choppers...Thanks for the help to 50.

Last year they flew 5 times. Usualy lasts for three days here. And they try to pick a holiday shortened week.

Choppers spot, then drop, somebody in the field to cut them down. At any one time there are 3 to 7 choppers up.

Last year they got real smart. The first 3 green harvests were just to mark locations of plants. Last two were to collect. That way nobody could just replant...too late for trees.

I thought with the economy like it was, that they would cut back spending. Wrong...Green Harvest is mostly Fed money.

One helpfull thing is that Maui is an insestious little island. The police leak like a sieve. So you can hear about it before it happens, and stash your potted girls under a tree and they can't see them. It's a pain in the ass....but what would you rather have? Your plants in the shade for three days, or no plants at all?

Anyway last year I went Medical....and thats a whole new ballgame. The cops were doing tight turns over my crop, counting....but they never came down to take them.

After the second time over this is what they saw :moon: By that time they knew I was legal, but they would try to sneak in to see if I had exceded my numbers.

And what do you know....here's a bad pic or two of them searching. Pricks....with ears.

Attachments

• choppers.jpg
    choppers.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 12
  • chopper#2.jpg
    chopper#2.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 12