What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHO Pills

igrowkushbitch

hey slow and easy I am finally attempting your pills. I have a couple ounces of hash oil and a shit load of mct oil. I am going to be popping more pills than slim shady. Anyway just wanted to say thanks for putting this info out there.

slowandeasy

Veteran
hey slow and easy I am finally attempting your pills. I have a couple ounces of hash oil and a shit load of mct oil. I am going to be popping more pills than slim shady. Anyway just wanted to say thanks for putting this info out there.

Right on, just take my advice...monitor the temps. Most important part IMO is time vs temp. 250f for 30 min is a good starting point. if your mix gets hotter, take it off a little early...if colder...go a lil longer. Good luck!! Be careful, they are VERY POTENT! Everyone, and I mean everyone who has taken my last batch...said they were too strong!!!

igrowkushbitch

you are not kidding on potency. I ate 4 pills yesterday and that was waaaayyy to much. At first I didn't feel anything so I kept eating pills. I didn't feel shit for like 8 hours so I went to bend and then I woke up at 1 at night soooooo high. I could hardly stand up I was so high it kinda felt like acid or mush. I just sat in my bed the rest of the night thinking any sound was the police kicking in my door. That was the highest I have ever been.

Made some bho pills last night. Dissolved 2g of bho into ~10ml of MCT oil. This was heated(with frequent swirling) for 40 min at 240 F. I noticed a large decrease in the the amount of bubbles (CO2 escaping most likely) at the 30 min mark, while they had quit completely by 40 minutes. After cooling over night I filled 27 "00" capsules.

In order to judge the potency, I took one when completely sober. I started feeling it about 45 minutes after ingesting(on an empty stomach fyi). Around 2.5 hours in I began to really feel it. It's a nice mix of happy head high with a euphoric body high. It's now 10 hours after initialing eating it; the high has faded and I'm just getting my first desire to smoke a bowl(I normally smoke 4-6 bowls of bud/hash mix per day).

I was hoping the pills would have turned out stronger. On the plus side though, I can always take more than 1(which I plan to do in the future).

slowandeasy

Veteran
Made some bho pills last night. Dissolved 2g of bho into ~10ml of MCT oil. This was heated(with frequent swirling) for 40 min at 240 F. I noticed a large decrease in the the amount of bubbles (CO2 escaping most likely) at the 30 min mark, while they had quit completely by 40 minutes. After cooling over night I filled 27 "00" capsules.

In order to judge the potency, I took one when completely sober. I started feeling it about 45 minutes after ingesting(on an empty stomach fyi). Around 2.5 hours in I began to really feel it. It's a nice mix of happy head high with a euphoric body high. It's now 10 hours after initialing eating it; the high has faded and I'm just getting my first desire to smoke a bowl(I normally smoke 4-6 bowls of bud/hash mix per day).

I was hoping the pills would have turned out stronger. On the plus side though, I can always take more than 1(which I plan to do in the future).

Trust me, you did the right thing by making them weaker. You can always take more. BTW I do not suggest taking on an empty stomach...actually, you should eat something small about 20-30 min before you take the pills. This will speed up the process of digestion. I suggest trying 8ml MCT oil to 2 grams of BHO. Good luck!!

Trichgnomes

Thanks for sharing bro!

We do a similar thing which we call cannacaps.

It is QWET or BHO oil, mixed with coconut oil, but we then add enough corn starch to turn the mixture to silly putty, before stuffing the caps.

It is more stable and doesn't leak as easily.

For each 10 grams of oil, we add 3 grams of virgin unrefined coconut oil and it takes about 22 grams of corn starch to turn it into silly putty.

Unfortunately a 0.1 gram scale was not accurate enough to weigh out dosages, so I personally use a grain scale for measuring out powder.

One grain is about a standard pain relieving dose for a light tolerance patient and about three grains is a high tolerance pain relieving dose.

We still discobobulated an uber-sensitive volunteer test paitent with the light dosage, but our heavy tolerance patients were not discobobulated at 9 grains.

Note that a pain relieving dose is not necessarily the same as a ripited dose, so use the numbers with a grain of salt.

The strain also makes a big difference. The higher the CBD, the better the pain relief and the less likely the accompanying THC will be too speedy for some.

Just noticed this the other day, and was planning on doing some up.

I would like to go GW's route of making a putty to stuff into the capsules, as I do not have a syringe on hand, and would like to make them this afternoon.

I do not have any corn starch either though. However, in many baking recipes that call for corn starch, arrowroot can be used as a substitute (which I have done for making macaroons, and they came out perfect).

Graywolf-
I have a bunch of arrowroot powder, do you think I could use it at the same ratio in which you used corn starch?

slowandeasy

Veteran
Do what you want, but adding powder is a PITA and makes inconsistent pills. Not too hard to get an oral syringe...they are free at the pharmacy if you ask.

Trichgnomes

Clearly, there is a divergence in opinion on the topic, and i am aware of reasoning on both sides.

It is QWET or BHO oil, mixed with coconut oil, but we then add enough corn starch to turn the mixture to silly putty, before stuffing the caps.

It is more stable and doesn't leak as easily

I do think it would be easier without the powder, but like I said, I do not have a syringe. I live in a pretty rural area, and am not planning on going to where there is a pharmacy until tomorrow, and I have the whole day to experiment with this, using the materials I have on hand (~5 grams of reclaim, a jar of coconut oil, a bag of arrowroot, and some capsules).

It seems like it would be much more of a PITA to try to deal with getting the oil into the capsules syringe-less. :dunno:

slowandeasy

Veteran
I have done both ways, I prefer a syringe...if you make it a putty, mix it VERY VERY well. Otherwise you will have pills that are stronger than others. Just my opinion from experience. Good luck!!!

C

chefro420

SO the MCT oil is still on the way . SO I made some with coconut oil . I went 2g bho to 8 ml oil . I made 20 caps. A friends wife is testing them out. SHe has severe nerve pain. 1 pill didnt do much other then relax here after an hour. SO she popped a second one. Waiting to hear back .

slowandeasy

Veteran
SO the MCT oil is still on the way . SO I made some with coconut oil . I went 2g bho to 8 ml oil . I made 20 caps. A friends wife is testing them out. SHe has severe nerve pain. 1 pill didnt do much other then relax here after an hour. SO she popped a second one. Waiting to hear back .

MCT oil will make them hit faster, your body absorbs it better. FWIW, my pills take about 45-1hr to hit...but last ALL DAY. I have had more than one person take them at night, and wake up super stoned the next day for half of the day. Hope she gets some relief, good luck!!

C

chefro420

MCT oil will make them hit faster, your body absorbs it better. FWIW, my pills take about 45-1hr to hit...but last ALL DAY. I have had more than one person take them at night, and wake up super stoned the next day for half of the day. Hope she gets some relief, good luck!!

She did after having the second one!! I will try to get my friend to chime in . SOme are going to a woman with MS tomorrow too. Will let you know how that goes too.

C

chefro420

WHen my friend gets time he is gonna post . His wife had results that no other pharm has managed to provide!! :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

Lots of relief with out being high too!

Thanks for making this post! Gonna be a lot of people suffering getting some relief soon !!

D

dramamine

Hey Slow, thanks for sharing this great technique. Seems like a really good one.

MMJcali

any word on making this with finger/bubble hash/kief instead of BHO?

don't really have the space to go with Butane (try fuming up your apartment hah) so I usually do the ice bucket method.

C

chefro420

any word on making this with finger/bubble hash/kief instead of BHO?

don't really have the space to go with Butane (try fuming up your apartment hah) so I usually do the ice bucket method.

I made some with dry sift . Still waiting for feedback though.

FokenNewbee

Just wanted to share the results of my newest batch of BHO pills. I am trying to get a good dosage down, so I measure everything out. Here is how they were made. First I made some BHO and measured out 2 grams on my scale once it sets up a bit. Next I measured 4ml of MCT oil, for a 2 to 1 ratio of MCT oil to BHO.

Next the MCT oil is put into a mason jar that is sitting in a hot oil bath. The temperature was monitored the whole process, and I brought the MCT oil in the jar up to about 250 F. Now the 2 grams of BHO is put into the jar, stirred often and monitored the temps. I normally like to do 250 F for about 30 min. This time it was done on a different stove, and the temps went up a little higher near the 15 min mark to about 265 F . So I let it cook shorter than normal, about 23 min.

The mixture is left to cool down and I do not mix it with anything. Just load into some 00 capsules. Use a syringe and suck the mixture up, then put into larger side of capsule. They were filled almost to the top, then put other side on. This made 12 capsules that size, and put into freezer in a pill bottle. Next day, I tried one at 2:30 pm. It hit within 30 min and was really good for a couple of hours, then it kicked in WAY harder. I was really screwed up...too screwed up! I was insanely high for 12 hours, at times I could not sit and had anxiety. I made myself go to sleep to make it stop. WAY too strong and I am very seasoned at eating edibles.

The same day my brother in law ate one as well, but not with me, at his house. I called him a few hours after he ate it and he had the same experience. WAY too strong! So since they were too strong, we split them in half. So 2 grams of BHO made more than 20 pills. One week later we try them again, and another friend joins in on the experiment.

All 3 took 1 pill about 11:00 am, they took about 40 min to kick in. Everyone liked them, but they were boarder line too strong...still! They lasted until I went to bed...but was never paranoid and it was not as intense. Much more enjoyable, but could be too strong for some still. So, next batch I am going to use 8 ml of MCT oil to 2 grams of BHO. I plan on making 30 pills and trying one to see how strong they are...then divide as needed.

2 grams of BHO can make a atleast a 30 day supply of very potent pills. Less potent pills would make 40-50. That is by far the most efficient way to use BHO, bar none. I will share my next batch experience as well...but if you try this take my advice and use 8 ml of MCT oil to 2 grams of BHO. I would divide them into 40 pills, you can always take more, but edibles can be extremely potent, so start off light...trust me! Time vs temp is the most important part of making potent edibles. Please monitor them, or results will vary. I use a small mason jar and stir the mixture often with my digital thermometer. I keep the mixture tilted to one side since it is not much liquid...this keeps temps more stable. This works very well, if anyone needs help just ask.

I plan on making some of these pill using your recipe, but one thing that I can't get my head around is the 4ml (milliliters) of MCT. 4ml is like 1 teaspoon of MCT oil. How did you manage to make 12 00 caps out of it? Did you mix a binder with the oil? Or is 2 grams of BHO a lot more then I'm imaging?

slowandeasy

Veteran
I plan on making some of these pill using your recipe, but one thing that I can't get my head around is the 4ml (milliliters) of MCT. 4ml is like 1 teaspoon of MCT oil. How did you manage to make 12 00 caps out of it? Did you mix a binder with the oil? Or is 2 grams of BHO a lot more then I'm imaging?

2 grams of BHO and 4ml of MCT oil made 12 pills, but you just fill one half, then cap it with the other. I use a syringe once it is cooled, and set up the bottom halves in a pill holder...then just fill each half, and cap when done. That batch was too strong, so it actually could have made 20 pills, but not full pills.

Now I actually use 8ml of MCT oil to 2 Grams of BHO. This way if you want to take more you can, without getting really screwed up. Good luck