What's new

I'm high off a brownie wtf?

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
I've never gotten high off edibles except once. It was a very mellow body relaxation which was very medicinal to me and is something I would use daily, but the effects didn't justify the cost.

Last night I said no more trim or mids for bud. In one mix I used 1/4lb butter with 7g SLH + 2g of SLH/MK trim. After straining out the bud I washed it in isopropyl alcohol and reduced that then added it to the mix as well. No Trichome Left Behind.

This made a 13x9 pan cut into 13 brownies. I ate one and within 30 min I was high. I smoke everyday but this brownie just raised my tolerance to new heights.

Do you guys/gals have a recipe using trim/vaped bud that is as strong as using dank bud? I can see this replacing smoking and vaping for everyday use.

Boerman

I have been using nothing but trim this way for years. Any healthy leaves will do, thichs or not. You are gonna be really surprised at what you have been throwing away.

What I do:

First, I set aside all healthy looking trim. After its dry, I run it through an O'Kief tumbler. I use what I get from that for hash. After it has been tumbled, I let the leaf material and very small stems dry out for a few days. Then I put it in a blender and powder it. Extraction can take a while. I put a couple of spoons of the powder into a small mason jar and add enough isopropyl to cover it by about an inch. I use the 91% isopropyl from Walmart. I shake the whole thing well for a minute or so and then pour it thru a paper coffee filter. It is important to have something to squeeze the filter after it stops dripping because you will find that most of the oil has not dripped out. I used to use a lemon squeezer, but I ended up making a device from 2 pieces of square steel channel that fit one inside the other. I put the filter between them and use a clamp to tighten them down. This thing could easily be put in a small hydraulic press. Sometimes I save my squeezings in a jar for later use, but for brownies I catch it in a mixing bowl. I do this over a few days so the isopropyl can evaporate naturally, but you can speed up the process using a fan blowing lightly across the bowl. I weigh the mixing bowl before starting and write the weight on the bowl with a sharpie. That way, when the iso and water have evaporated, you can weigh the bowl and know how much oil you have. It may take several extractions before you have enough oil for a batch of brownies. I don't like to do a large amount of squeezings at a time because I don't want oil too high up on the bowl because I am going to make my own budder in that bowl.

OK, so I like 6g of oil for a batch of brownies. When I have enough, I take a stick of butter or margarine, put it in the bowl and set it in the oven at 200-225F for about an hour. If the oil was not too high up on the side of the bowl, the butter will easily cover the oil and they will blend together. Then I use a Betty Crocker Hershey's Turtle brownie mix right off the shelf and in the same bowl with the budder.

You will be shocked at how stout those brownies are and this extraction method is also a great way to make use of male plants. BUT ONE WARNING: Even if you are an experienced and frequent smoker, start off slow. The way I cut them, this mix makes 2 dozen brownies and with 6g. of oil, I only use 1/4 of one of those brownies for a single dose. That is because I am not really trying to get high, I am treating an illness. But...I still get a little buzz from a quarter of one. And half of one will really get me ripped. If you use that much oil and you are just trying to get high, then I would still say that you don't want to eat more than one 1.5x1.5inch brownie for the first hour. This comes on slow but strong and lasts for several hours. You can always eat a little more a little later. But I have seen guys eat my brownies like they were just normal brownies and the OD was not entirely pleasant. By knowing exactly how much oil you used in the mix, you can very quickly figure out the best dosage.

BTW, the reason I extract the oil this way instead of cooking plant matter in butter is that my way does not leave such a strong tasting butter. If done right, you can't even taste it. That may be why it is so easy to over do it.

THC123

Veteran
lol i always just stuff the kettle with vapedf vbuds or trim

i should start measuring most of the time it is too strong for others , but me likey:dance013:

Ricow

use coco butter and the vapo leftover to make some fine hasj butter
soma does it and works fine

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
I gave one of my experienced (with smoking, not edibles) friends a brownie tonight and he was messed up and NOT in a good way. He strongly believed he was dying and became very disoriented/confused/restless. Pacing heart, shakes, tingling in the extremities, light headedness, nausea (he vomited) etc. Most of the symptoms seem like they stem from anxiety.

He had a 2 week break from Cannabis completely before taking the brownie.

E

el dub

My wife has had the same reaction. (She rarely smokes.)

Anyway, edibles don't do much to me. So after watching me eat numerous sections of "hella nutella" with friends one day before a show, she decided to eat one small piece and it didn't go well. She vomited and said she was having an uncomfortable trip. However, that's about all I can tell you about her experience, as just about then I started coming on to that 6 or 7 gram dose of mushroom aborts I'd eaten a few minutes earlier. hahaha

lw

Barn Owl

This made a 13x9 pan cut into 13 brownies. I ate one and within 30 min I was high. I smoke everyday but this brownie just raised my tolerance to new heights.

Once you go edible, you may never return to smoking. In my case, I can't smoke due to asthma, but I tried vaping two weeks ago, and it just does nothing as far as effect now. It may be my preference, but edibles do raise the tolorance bar.

When I go to dispensaries, I do like to smell the buds, but I am totally searching for effect now.

sh1wn

I can't smoke so I use bud to make my tincture, it works great and you don't have to close trim it much. I do run it thru a o'kief tumbler and use the kief to make cookies and stuff. I think I have only smoked once in the last 6-9 months. I don't miss the coughing at all.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
How did you cut a pan of brownies into 13 pieces?

I've been stumped on this for a while... please just tell me you cut a dozen and then cut one in half... it's driving me crazy!!

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
shoot, missus made brownies tonite and i wanted to put in the tumblings....she had a violent reaction to edibles and absolutely no interest in including this in her culinary creations...so...i made a tincture with everclear, 1 cup everclear 1oz budz from this years outdoor fiasco, very dark green alcohol soulution, been doing sshots with a Corona back for the last few hours...am i seriously demented?

13 pieces, crooked knife!!!

Last edited:

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
How did you cut a pan of brownies into 13 pieces?

I've been stumped on this for a while... please just tell me you cut a dozen and then cut one in half... it's driving me crazy!!

Hey, I said the pan was 13x9!

The brownie mix says it makes 1 "13x9" pan. I measured my pan and it was 13x9. I don't know if this is a standard size. Now I just cut long 1" strips of brownies.. meaning 13 strips. magic....

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Another one of my friends had a very bad reaction to these brownies. I don't know the details (he was alone) but it ended up with him in the ER, unable to stay seated so was restrained forcefully. He was hallucinating and going ape shit supposedly.

I will either lower the dose to half a brownie (meaning each pan is 26 doses) or lower the amount of bud I put in. Perhaps 4g instead of 7g per 1/2lb butter. OR just keep everything the same and use lower potency bud.

Caution: Don't give edibles out unless you plan on tripsitting.

Latest posts

Latest posts