What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vietnamese Black / Meao Thai

sweet-emotion

Veteran
Hi all!, here's a couple of shots of a Vbt I got going on a 17l pot. She didn't have the best vegetative growth due to some time and feeding issues, so she didn't grow bigger, but she stretched a nice bit and developed nice flowers anyway. Temperatures are pretty cold in here like 15*C max and lows of 3*C...that's the reason of the purpling I think, and genetics too, I guess. The smell is so strange I can't describe it. Maybe she'll be done in 25-30 days.

I also got another Vbt bush planted on mother earth, which I'll be posting some photos soon.

Attachments

• DSC06110.jpg
    DSC06110.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC06111.jpg
    DSC06111.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC06114.jpg
    DSC06114.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC06115.jpg
    DSC06115.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC06117.jpg
    DSC06117.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC06125.jpg
    DSC06125.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC06124.jpg
    DSC06124.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC06123.jpg
    DSC06123.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC06121.jpg
    DSC06121.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC06119.jpg
    DSC06119.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 18

sweet-emotion

Veteran
Today shots, Vbt cut at 86/87 days outdoors in a 17l pot. Strange delicate smell, can't describe it well right now. Check the amazing mix of colours :woohoo:

Attachments

• DSC06144.jpg
    DSC06144.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC06143.jpg
    DSC06143.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC06147.jpg
    DSC06147.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC06148.jpg
    DSC06148.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC06140.jpg
    DSC06140.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC06149.jpg
    DSC06149.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC06150.jpg
    DSC06150.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC06151.jpg
    DSC06151.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC06153.jpg
    DSC06153.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC06157.jpg
    DSC06157.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 23

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Love the outcome sweet-emotion :) Really nice colors!

Hope it smokes as good as it looks! I'm looking forward to hear your comments after a bit of drying and curing. Best wishes for the outdoor season!

sweet-emotion

Veteran
Hi everybody, thanks for your words. Yes Dubi, I'll let it cure for a couple of weeks before giving it a try, and then post the report here. It smells fresh now with a little hint of strawberries or something like that, as someone also said in another post.

Cheers!!

Sweet-emotion - Great pics!

Hey Dubi! I have a pack of Vietnam Black x Meao Thai "Fecha envasado 15/3/13" are these from the [F3] batch? Thanks for any info!

Morcheeba*

Veteran
sweet-emotion,

great looking plants.......and what Mesosphere said.

i had to check mine and its 07/25/11....i really need to get to these soon.

sweet-emotion

Veteran
Hi friends!...I haven't smoked it yet, I'm giving it some time to cure (I usually wait, at least, 15 days). Anyway, one of these days I'll test it, maybe tonight :)

sweet-emotion

Veteran
Hi all...here's what happened with this herb...

1) my brother said it hit him almost instantly and found it a little bit overwhelming and promoting a cloud of thoughts all mixed up in his head. He also said it was one of the strongest cannabis I've grown. He really liked it.

2) My experience: 3 or 4 tokes, hit me inmediately. I was sitting drinking a glass of wine and had to stand up and walk around the room (I was there with friends) cause it was pretty overpowering and had me a couple of times thinkin "this is fucking strong". I felt like it's a high that comes in waves, but it's not that at any moment you feel like it has finished, you're still high thinkin you're coming down slowly and then...booom...again out there trying to control yourself. All this in a good way, not one bad feeling at all.
At one moment with one of my friends we were playing air guitar while listening to some music and thought we were in tv set cause we saw ourselves in a big mirror on the other side of the room. (My friend had taken some LSD and said he had never been so high).

One crazy thing about the smoke is that the buds have a very light and strange smell, but burnt and smoked it's a very sweet odor, so sweet I couldn't believe it.

To finish, a great smoke, very up and if you indulge, overwhelming, overpowering and heavy, it lasts and lasts. One advice: DO NOT MIX WITH ALCOHOL. I drank a whole bottle of Malbec wine and...well, do not mix with alcohol.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hey bboybungus, mine said "fecha envasado 13/3/13", so maybe they're from the same batch

Unfortunately, lost the plants to Leaf Septoria... I will say that at 42 days of veg and 50 of flower they were 3-4 times bigger than any other cannabis I have ever planted. They easily would've gone another 50 days too...

therevverend

Veteran
Inspired by this thread I realized my seeds were getting old. Planted 7 from 2011 batch 6 came up. Not bad for 3 year old seeds. Used heating mat and helped a couple out of their shells. My plan is to leave them outside for the heat of August and September so they start flowering then move them in when the rain comes for supplemental lighting to finish in October and November.

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Cheers for the review, Sweet-Emotion. :tiphat:

I found VBxT's high a bit cloudy and introspective for the first several
weeks after harvest/drying. After a couple of months though, her high
got clearer and her sativa energy expressed herself through my whole
body- not in the classic diaphragm-tightening way, but in an all-over
kind of energy. Vape a bit too much and the sensation I got I'd describe
simply as overwhelming.

Try to set some aside for a good curing and you may be surprised at
the change in high.