What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New ICMAG LOGO NEEDED!!...any Artists out there??

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
Great job everyone... looks like ICmag is going to get a new kick ass logo :D

Maybe a couple more....

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn155/supdo66/ICmag7-1.swf

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn155/supdo66/ICmag8.swf

Maybe i got a real job as an artist, i sit and tattoo or draw every single day...all day, so don´t come at me with that tone miss!!!
You try to draw or tattoo for 8 hours a day, and then lets see you go home and whip up a awesome design in no time.

you stick to the tattoos son... we got this!

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

redeyesurprise's banner rocks!

Where's freeworldorders' submission? Would be curious how a "professional's" work stacks up to our homemade attempts lol.

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
With Love and Gratitude.

picture.php

Don't be shy about offering me feedback; your needs are my top priority.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
HAHAHA,.......Aint no real Tattoist who used to tattoo, unless you suck or a Kitchen-scratcher. But you tend to get some back problems, after tattooing a while.
Anyway i only tried to give some friendly advise for LOGO designs, thats all.
Not to argue with some angry :crazy:
SO IM VERY SORRY I MADE YOU SO UPSET.............
SO SO SORRY.
Ill stay out of this thread full of pro artists.

Well being good at drawing and tattoo work is totally different then graphic designing on a pc, So maybe you are a good artist with your hands but put a mouse and photoshop in front of you and lets see how much your art shines through...

You did jump in here and bash others work without providing any work of your own.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
guys.... sun rises in the east and then sets in the west

if you are going to spin the planet it should spin in the correct direction
....and if you are going to correct someone you should know which way the planet spins. Cough cough grow engineer... haha

spinningGlobe.gif
<~~~correct direction of spin

unless you are going to spin us back to the 60's... then I'm all for backwards rotation

If you are looking down on the North pole from space the Earth spins counter-clockwise. We don't want Gypsy putting up logos that are not scientifically correct. It took a elementary school child to correct NBC's Nightly News of the same mistake 25 years ago. They had the Earth spinning the wrong direction for years until the child's letter corrected them.

Now can you put a guy smoking a joint in the space station circling the globe the opposite way blowing smoke lol. that would look kewl..:tiphat:

RetroGrow

Veteran
Working on some ideas, but definitely need more time. I must say the spinning things make me dizzy. I think they can trigger a seizure in some people:)
The spinning gets old in a hurry.
Maybe I'm just dizzy to begin with?

WasntMe

Working on some ideas, but definitely need more time. I must say the spinning things make me dizzy. I think they can trigger a seizure in some people:)
The spinning gets old in a hurry.
Maybe I'm just dizzy to begin with?

You could be dizzy do to the earths rotation. Depending on how far away you are from the equator you are always moving at a speed close to 1600 km/hr. And that's just the speed of revolution on our own axis. Traveling around the sun our planet is moving at a speed of about 107,000 km/hr. It sure does make me a little dizzy thinking about it.

Gypsy,
you guys got your work cut out for you. There are some great ideas here and freshening up the site logo and ads was a good idea too.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
You could be dizzy do to the earths rotation. Depending on how far away you are from the equator you are always moving at a speed close to 1600 km/hr. And that's just the speed of revolution on our own axis. Traveling around the sun our planet is moving at a speed of about 107,000 km/hr. It sure does make me a little dizzy thinking about it.

Gypsy,
you guys got your work cut out for you. There are some great ideas here and freshening up the site logo and ads was a good idea too.

If you stepped off the earth in it's very fast spin you would go flying at what 1000 miles per hour or faster lol what fun....:dance013:We saw the space station once in Mexico in a split second at night on the beach very kewl too.. lol peace out Headband707:blowbubbles:

INTERESTED

INTERESTED

Hello Members and Guests...

Recently I have noticed that it might be a good idea to revamp/upgrade/change the current ICMAG logo/banner that we are currently showing on other sites such as www.weedmaps.com and so am asking any of you who may be artistically gifted if you could help us out and come up with something that would be better than our current logo/banner....

I am willing to offer a prize of a new stash-box to the artist that comes up with a logo/banner that we can then use in future promotional/advertising e.t.c.

....is anyone interested?
Hi what kinda logo you looking forto the point ,cartoon etc etc

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
Hey Guys, the rules are pretty simple, just have a look at the existing logo in the upper left hand corner, and see what you can do with it. Best thing would be to just post your design in this thread. We're hoping to keep the theme of the logo pretty similar to what it is right now, there should be a globe incorporated into the design, as ICMag represents the global cannabis community. If we could get submissions for both static and animated designs, that would be great, we'll give out a stash box for each category to the winners. The current logo is 400 x 70. Thank you in advance, we're looking forward to seeing the very talented ICMagers do their thing!

i love 420 and redeye's the most. and some others i liked as well, these are the two i remember as i type this. redeye if you put a real earth in yours i think it would look even better. and 420, when i clicked on the link, it looked great, but it was slow, is it possible to speed the wording up a bit so it doesn't take so long to show all the words, and maybe even speed up the globe so it draws attention? i think it would catch more eyes if it were a bit faster. top notch both of you though. im only offering constructive criticism, i have no graphic design skills.

OvergrowingKiwi

final entry

final entry

please click here or any pic to see animated version...I think the globes spinning the right way. The website is slow but it will load eventually. I really got baked and thought about what it was I'm trying to promote and came to the decision that we the community and the content we create are what makes this site so popular. I wanted to make something that represented the wide range of people here and found some text on the main page which summed us up nicely. Big thanks to lalandia for letting me use his POTM winning nlxdc budshot :)

I've kept the file size small and included a ClickTAG so click/view counts can be recorded for billing/statistic purposes :p

I've really enjoyed working on this and it's been awesome checking out the designs everyones come up with. Best of luck to everyone.

Heres the sequence used for my banner. I recommend viewing the animation for a better viewing experience :p

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• WEBLOGO.png
    WEBLOGO.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 14
  • weedmaps_banner.png
    weedmaps_banner.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 14
R

redeyesurprise

Very cool OGK, your designs are really clean and to the point. I agree with you, it really is tough to sum ICMag up in just a few words/images, that last version is nice.

fred b

heya,

when I started with this I thought aswell that this was about a new logo for the website and for advertising.

so oh well, the logo is not really finished and is far from perfect but I wanted to at least present my idea to the community before the deadline is over ;)

picture.php

it was drawn with a graphics tablet in photoshop :artist:

its a png with alpha transparency, so the background will shine through (like through the leafs) and it does look better on a green background like the website background

so if its considered as new logo I'll finish it ;)

greets
fred b

R

redeyesurprise

Lot's of good entries, good luck to all that made something and to ICMag. Here is a static entry. :rasta:

picture.php

amstercal

Last minute submission

Last minute submission

Just saw this and threw this together. If you're interested, I can get the animated going.

Latest posts

Latest posts