What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LST and prune for no popcorn

Blaz3

Hello Simon..I have two questions man.Great grows and nice,simply LST thread!

1.In your first example,with the chronic,what lighth did you use to veg them?..That is a good amount of growth for 20 days,did you use H.I.D's..fluros?

2. You mention cutting off secondary branches,why not simply defoliating the LEAVES,and letting the secondary branches stay.With a good defol,every branch,even the secondary ones,will produce rock hard buds..no popcorn..have you experimented with defoliating LEAVES and not branches?

3.Would it be wise to do a early top,to get around 4 main branches,and THEN doing the LST?By opening the plant,and bending each of the four branches outwards?

omg simon those are awsome .. i never did get the seeds i wanted , i have been stuck with my one mom cloning the shit out of her.. i recently added a couple clones to the veg room .. some random clones i was given .. i will take some pics of the bogglegum .. they hold they own for being grown under 400 watters and using basic nutes (maxi line)

floral

Hi all,

Outdoor person here so can't exactly follow this plan but am curious on behalf of a friend who grows his medicine indoors. Those using this method, is the last time you trim secondary growth at ~2 weeks after flip? And whatever comes after that during stretch you don't touch? Or would you keep at the undergrowth throughout?

Friend was asking advice on pruning indoors and I have no experience in this area so very glad to find this thread.

He also asked me how often to prune during veg and whether to cut the tiny shoots or wait until they grow a centimeter or two before trimming, but I suppose that is just a matter of convenience, right? Maybe every 5-7 days to catch up with new shoots?

Born-on-420

Taking the stress out for me

Taking the stress out for me

Hi Simon,

Just registered today, I’ve been reading the site a while, I’m pretty much a noob at this, lots of good words of wisdom from lots of my friends, but your thread here is really cool.

Due to a plant(unknown strain, seed was donated) growing too close to the light, I strung a line from four points, and have created a string lattice and am directing the buds along and around the strings, guess I stumbled onto this concept out of necessity. I hope to have a yield as copious as your someday, thanks for all the effort,

born-on-420

coronasmith

Thread is super old but reading it definitely will improve my technique. Thanks Simon wherever you may be.

Earlier in his thread, think his name was wooly or something similar. The point of LST if done properly is to keep the plants short, have a nice even canopy. The photo the photo that was submitted should of been used on a thread How Not To LST. You have six inches difference In Height between the center and both left & right sides. That means the middle will get less light because it's not an even canopy.

vido

Hello everybody, great tread!This is my lst style plant. Just tie it on some stick and the plant will do the rest.Dont worrie about it!

noob1988

dang those are some moster outdoor plants. How often do you feed them and how much? Ive always wanted to just go plant a 3 foot tall well established plant for my winter veg closet outdoors and let it become a monster. I could LST it too just like this thread explains to keep it shorter.

But I wouldn't want to visit it but once a week, so I was thinking I could take 20 gallon container and maybe poke a few drip holes that allow the tuber maid to drip for that week.

but I guess that's a whole other story. Nice plants Simon.

elprincipe

Cheech Grower
Veteran
HI!!!!This is my LST,make on my second run of my grower's life,under a 400w

Bigfoot,Sweet Seed

WvIa9.jpg

Sweet Deep Grapefruit Dinafem,special feno black/purple

018hwl.jpg

Cream Caramel Sweet Seed

rA95qIv.jpg

Psicodelicia SS

Ymykb6w.jpg

Blackjack SS

aXEb0nd.jpg

I wish you like that!!!! :)

I have to try this method once i can get another grow goin, im really struggling right now for some dam reason my PH on this DWC will not act right.

ManyManySpliffs

Thanks for this method simon, I've done LST on my last grow in my sig and was definitely doing it again this year on my current guerilla outdoor grow. I'll have to try your method on a few of my plants. Awesome thread worthy of being brought back to life.

It's ALIVVEEEE! :plant grow:

Latest posts

Latest posts