What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~~~Gurus Added To IC Mag~~~

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
It is with a great deal of pride that IC Mag Admin introduces to you all our new Guru’s. :jump:

But first, we would like to give a big thanks to all of the outgoing Mentors for their help and support that has made the site what it is today. Cheers and good luck for the future, we hope you stick around and help out like you always have done. :woohoo:

What is a Guru? :chin: A dictionary defines it as:

gu·ru ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gr, g-r)
n. pl. gu·rus
Hinduism & Tibetan Buddhism. A personal spiritual teacher.

A teacher and guide in spiritual and philosophical matters.
A trusted counselor and adviser; a mentor.

A recognized leader in a field: the guru of high finance.
An acknowledged and influential advocate, as of a movement or idea: “In a culture that worships slimness, he was the Guru of Lean” (Erica Abeel).

Below are the basic terms of use for those assuming the mantle of Guru status.

IC Mag Guru Policies & Procedures

1. IC Mag Guru's are chosen by Admin. Candidates are asked by PM, prior to appointment, if they would like to hold the position, as it needs to also be their choice if they want to take on this task.

2. IC Mag Guru appointments are temporary and can be revoked at any time by Admin.

3. IC Mag Guru's will never reveal personal information about any member in any shape or form which includes posting in the forums, private messages, email, snail mail, in person, and by telephone.

4. IC Mag Guru's will not take part negatively in threads about IC Mag, or flame wars about our Admin, Mods, or other Guru's on this site or any other like site. Should any Guru be unsure about how to handle a situation, they should contact a member of Admin for guidance or advice.

5. IC Mag Guru's will be held to the highest of standards and realize they are representing IC Mag. It is expected that the Guru live up to this standard. Those failing to uphold these standards are subject to having their Guru status removed by Admin.

6. IC Mag Guru's are selected solely by IC Mag Admin in recognition for their knowledge in specific subjects, contributions to the site and genuine willingness to help other members.

7. Should any Guru find themselves in a position to no longer be able to fulfill their responsibilities, Admin is to be informed, via PM, so that the torch can be passed to someone else of Admin's choosing.

8. Members with a commercial interest (seed vendors) are ineligible for consideration as a Guru due to any such appointment becoming a possible conflict of interest.

Without further ado, we present to
you the new IC Mag Guru’s :bow:

Hydro Growing Guru ~ BigToke
Soil Growing Guru ~ HumboldtHigh
Hospitality Guru ~ GreatLakes THC
Graphics Guru ~ Gamera
Info Resouce Guru ~ I.M. Boggled
Hashish Guru ~ trichomefarmer
Photography Guru ~ Abby Normal
Growroom Design Guru ~ ambre
Chanting Growers Guru ~ PassTheDoobie

Welcome to you all, and much :respect:

:dance:
dg

G

BIG CONGRATS to all the new gurus... Sounds like alot of well filled positions to me... Great job Admin....

G

still no do it yourself forum or guru? bitter disappointment.....Chuckyou or Texas Kid would have been perfect for the job.........

Last edited:

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Thanks for the posting DG...

Thanks for the posting DG...

IC's had a great history from its birth as being very hospitable. But it take us all. Thanks for everyone whose been a good neighbor to me and everyone else.

GreatLakes THC :wave:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Its getting confusing now. Let me get this straight, at the top of the ladder we have owners, then admin, then staff?, then moderators, now we have gurus, and lets not forget the mentors, we have peeps with over 50 posts, and newbies. I think thats all, for now, well, well done all, whoever you are and whatever position you hold, new and old.

EcoNepenthe

Niice choices. Congrats to all. Your services are invaluable.
Just continue being yourselves. All of you are great in your individual, unique ways.
Lookin forward to always enjoying my visits to The ICMag.
It's all about growin this wonderful plant.

Stay safe.
Success w/ya grow.

Eco

Watch em grow!!! :canabis:

Last edited:

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
GMT...let me try and unconfuse you...lol :D

Top of the ladder is the Big Kahuna ~ Gypsy
Assisting the Big Kahuna is Admin....then....
Site Moderators (not to be confused with Vendor Moderators who moderate their
own help forum & do not have site-wide permissions)......then....
let's not forget our Chatroom Moderators (Mod permissions only in Chat)
And now we have Guru's (which replace Mentors)...we no longer have a mentor program.

:woohoo:

Thanks!
:dance:
dg

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Congrats GURU'S. Good luck on the path to enlightening others. But,,, do any of you know the secret of life??