What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Helpful Answers and Thread Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
You may not vote on any more threads today.

i maxed mine out being an asshole, so tomorrow i'll be super nice to everyone lol :joint:

ArcticBlast

M

medi-useA

BC
it was thumbs down they lived :eek:)

:smokeit:

Saw a doco where they were postulating th@ the thumbs down was symbolic of an overhead thrust downwards against an opponent on their knee's, over the collar bone and down to the heart...

muA

M

medi-useA

i see yummys threads now.....1 out of 100,000 members find this post helpful

edit: oops i forgot all the folks that like soap operas so maybe a thousand more

Yummy SHOULD be on a different system...

#?? out of #???? found this post mirthful!

muA

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
Well I think it will make me, atleast more helpful... it makes me realize that this is what people want to be helped. So I am going to start HELPING you all ... with secrets I have to living the GOOD life.

lotions.jpg

http://www.bodymassageshop.com/massage-oils-creams-lotions/massage-lotions.html

nnep

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Welp, that didnt last long.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
I don't like it at all.

I can see if it was isolated ONLY to growing related forums but stuff like Toker's Den where there's lots of OPINIONS flying around? Bogus. This will be abused like crazy. It better not have any actual connection directly to rep points and levels. Can anyone confirm this because I got a thumbs down on some global warming thread post and it IS showing up as a red box on my rep list.

Some of us got the majority of our rep through helping others in the grow forums, not pumping it up in Toker's Den bs threads. I don't like this at all.

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
yeah i was just being dumb today, but i agree...rep should be rep, posts should be posts :joint:

ArcticBlast

severian

I see all voting has stopped. Either because people are out of rep or realize that they have lost anonymity - again.

Just a little tweak to this and it would be perfect. No connection to rep.

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
I don't like it at all.

I can see if it was isolated ONLY to growing related forums but stuff like Toker's Den where there's lots of OPINIONS flying around? Bogus. This will be abused like crazy. It better not have any actual connection directly to rep points and levels. Can anyone confirm this because I got a thumbs down on some global warming thread post and it IS showing up as a red box on my rep list.

Some of us got the majority of our rep through helping others in the grow forums, not pumping it up in Toker's Den bs threads. I don't like this at all.

I hear ya'...I'd much rather have my green thumb to stand on :joint:

Yea, I think you were one of the people I think I gave neg rep to, actually - I was just screwing around w/ the feature seeing how it worked - sorry about that. I'll give it back tomorrow when my rep recharges.

You got me once each way, so we're even-steven :D

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
I just confirmed that it is counting toward rep, as mine went down from stink's vote on the gw thread and just went up from antimatter's vote on this one. (I evened you back up stink, no harm no foul)

Disconnect it from rep completely or isolate this voting system to growing forums only, where it belongs imho.

gomer

I agree it should not be tied to rep. I would like to be able to give a thumbs up to several people in a thread and give a thumbs down if I disagree. But I don't want to give them rep either way. We have a button for that. Even in growing forums there are differences of opinion as to best practices. It would be nice to be able to give non-rep related votes for what you agree and disagree with. I have no problem with the person knowing which way I voted.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dunno. It's neat and all. The end result will be that the Rep becomes less important IMO, but it's not like you have to be a grower to have a lot of rep around here anyway. I don't know how much it changes things other than making it easier to rep someone.

All it is, is a one-button instant rep or that's how I seeing it being used by a lot of people. I know that's not the intention behind it.

Either way is gravy for me. I could care less. I think the intent may be better served by separating helpfulness from reputation. :dunno: I like pushing buttons though.

antimatter

Veteran
I dunno. It's neat and all. The end result will be that the Rep becomes less important IMO, but it's not like you have to be a grower to have a lot of rep around here anyway. I don't know how much it changes things other than making it easier to rep someone.

All it is, is a one-button instant rep or that's how I seeing it being used by a lot of people. I know that's not the intention behind it.

Either way is gravy for me. I could care less. I think the intent may be better served by separating helpfulness from reputation. :dunno: I like pushing buttons though.

Your right its post count and activity level.

Status
Not open for further replies.